+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: Rares in Chronicles

  1. #1
    Plane Walker Indicam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    488

    Default Rares in Chronicles

    Just seeking confirmation on something. I have been trying to kill both Lung Feeder and The Watcher since forever, I run those chronicles nearly every day and have never seen them spawn once. I asked in chat about it and someone said that the rares are currently disabled. Is this true? If so I can use my time for something more productive than chasing mobs that simply do not exist! If they are not disabled then surely they must take the title for the rarest rares in the entire game.
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

  2. #2
    Telaran Lanzan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    63

    Default Some are more4 rare than others

    I cannot speak with authority on whether or not that are disabled, though I ran into the watcher a month or so ago when I decided to get the chron achieves on an alt.

    What i do recall from running them @ level 60 cap (religiously as the hidden chests gave ESM and FE marks) is that some were more rare than others.

    Lung Feeder appeared only 2-3 times in hundreds of runs.

  3. #3
    Plane Walker Indicam's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    488

    Default

    Just to confirm, The Watcher is not disabled. Just ran into him now on the lower levels of the metal pathway up to the Dreadblade ship. That gives me hope that this bleeping worm is still around somewhere, and just taking a long vacation to play worm golf or whatever worm monsters do in their spare time.
    New players feel free to use this code for free stuff!
    NJY2ML7PDHKELDM3MKZW

  4. #4
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    Saw Sinthis yesterday.
    Still trying to get Lung Feeder, Valeri prime and Blightbeard.


    Got a couple questions (not worthy of a new thread) about it...
    1) If you are "instance locked" it means the next day it'll be cleared and a new fresh instance will be available, right? So basically you can just kill 1 mob and if it locks you you can quit if the rare isn't there?

    2) For Blightbeard, if it's in the instance, is it there from the start? Or is it possible that it only spawns after you kill a few bosses? I'm having a hard time in that chronicle and it'd be easier if I can just /target it and leave if he isn't there, but perhaps you can't know until you've killed bosses...? (same question for Valeri, is he always in the big room, or do you have to kill the big angry blob thingy - Murdantix I believe? )

  5. #5
    Ascendant Samuraiko's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Filming on the Internet
    Posts
    2,166

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Saw Sinthis yesterday.
    Still trying to get Lung Feeder, Valeri prime and Blightbeard.


    Got a couple questions (not worthy of a new thread) about it...
    1) If you are "instance locked" it means the next day it'll be cleared and a new fresh instance will be available, right? So basically you can just kill 1 mob and if it locks you you can quit if the rare isn't there?

    2) For Blightbeard, if it's in the instance, is it there from the start? Or is it possible that it only spawns after you kill a few bosses? I'm having a hard time in that chronicle and it'd be easier if I can just /target it and leave if he isn't there, but perhaps you can't know until you've killed bosses...? (same question for Valeri, is he always in the big room, or do you have to kill the big angry blob thingy - Murdantix I believe? )
    I can partially answer #2 - in the roughly dozen or so times I've found Valeri, he has always been in the first big chamber (the one with Murdantix), he has always been off to the left, and he has always been there *before* I killed Murdantix.

    Blightbeard has (I'm pretty sure) been always in roughly the same spot in the GSB chronicle - since I tend to run that one in the same pattern, it's go in, hang a left, go all the way to the end, go right, kill the shamblers, go left again to kill the guy who sounds like Sylver Valis... if I go RIGHT after killing the shamblers, Blightbeard is always there.

    The rare in the RoS chronicle (I'm blanking on the name, I just woke up) has always been in the same spot for me - hanging out just to the right of the path leading up to Plutonus, about halfway to the merchant that sells stuff in the chronicle.

    TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

    Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

  6. #6
    Champion of Telara
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,374

    Default

    ^I'll look into that, thanks!



    Quote Originally Posted by Indicam View Post
    Just seeking confirmation on something. I have been trying to kill both Lung Feeder and The Watcher since forever, I run those chronicles nearly every day and have never seen them spawn once. I asked in chat about it and someone said that the rares are currently disabled. Is this true? If so I can use my time for something more productive than chasing mobs that simply do not exist! If they are not disabled then surely they must take the title for the rarest rares in the entire game.
    If you're still looking, I found Lung Feeder today. He was way past the last boss. I'm now thinking I might actually have missed it a few times, not thinking about spamming /target at this point.

    The map keeps going a while past the last boss, behind the portal, on the left. That's where I found it.
    Last edited by somerandomnamee; 08-28-2016 at 11:46 PM.

  7. #7
    Rift Disciple
    Join Date
    Jun 2016
    Posts
    108

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    If you're still looking, I found Lung Feeder today. He was way past the last boss. I'm now thinking I might actually have missed it a few times, not thinking about spamming /target at this point.

    The map keeps going a while past the last boss, behind the portal, on the left. That's where I found it.
    I found him on one of the platform edges before the first boss, so it seems he can spawn more than one place in there.
    The Pack - Sanzor - Cleric
    Zaviel

  8. #8
    Shadowlander Ketchfraze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    26

    Default

    I know this is an old thread but I just want to add a bit of info. I can confirm that you don't need to kill any bosses for the rares to be there. Just get locked to the chronicle each day so that it resets for the next day, which will give another chance to spawn the rare.
    "BADS is a very deadly and fast spreading disease. It occurs only in PvP areas of MMOs. The onset is very rapid, and causes players to target non-healers. It isn't known yet what causes this disease but it's believed to be rooted in ADHD and ignorance." - Ketchfraze@Greybriar

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts