+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree35Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: 3.7 Summerfest Mitch Minion Chain Questline Guide

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Sales of the Mitch card are disabled until the minion rewards get fixed. For the people that manged to purchase Mitch in the 30 minutes or so before sales were disabled, you can open a ticket with CS, and they can reward you the appropriate minions.

The appropriate minions are:
    Minion Card: Swarmlord Khargroth
    Minion Card: Rusila Dreadblade
    Minion Card: Captain Dagon

The other things mentioned above (mission times, categories, stamina, rewards other than the three new Minions) are all as intended.
    Should we also assume that this new minion is *intended* to have three profession attributes and zero planar attributes? Kind of renders it useless for most purposes with the other than starting the chain -- at least to those of us with a fair number of minions.

The other things mentioned above (mission times, categories, stamina, rewards other than the three new Minions) are all as intended.
    Why the change with this world event minion? Is this just starting a new trend of what to expect for future world event minions?

I don't mind that there were 1m (why did they show as 3m?) in there because it was actually cheaper (or less time) to "hurry" them up for those that like to complete it quickly. Not having anything but currency in the 8hr questline is a little saddening. Not a single world event item unlike the previous ones. I can understand removing Troves...

Also, why were the 8hr missions giving a 10hr completion time? They're being taken from the 8hr slot.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-13-2016 at 11:27 AM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #18
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Why the change with this world event minion? Is this just starting a new trend of what to expect for future world event minions?
    Just mixing up the routine a bit. Basically 2 quest chains got created initially, and all the subsequent chains copied one of those two to save time. But it was never supposed to be a case of "these are the only 2 templates".

Yes, I would suggest approaching new world event mission chains with fewer preconceptions. I like curve balls. ;)
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Just mixing up the routine a bit. Basically 2 quest chains got created initially, and all the subsequent chains copied one of those two to save time. But it was never supposed to be a case of "these are the only 2 templates".

Yes, I would suggest approaching new world event mission chains with fewer preconceptions. I like curve balls. ;)
    Alright, that seems like a good change going forward so long as the "formula" to receive the new minion cards stays in the 8hr vs that being entirely random. That just makes it more frustrating if you don't know which section it will be in.

Edit: Also, is there any way you'd be able to set "Mitch's 2016 World Puppet Tour" to award to the entire account much the same as most other Minion achievements are? There's no way to actually redo it since it's all account-bound for collecting the minions so you can't trigger the questline again.

PS - I wish we could test this out on the PTS :< Would have definitely done this already haha
    Last edited by Riane; 07-13-2016 at 11:50 AM.

Plane Walker

So removing the prior rewards, justifies the credit expenditure going forward? The Minions from events have been pretty worthless for some time due to the lower stats. Are these new Minions going to break that mold?

I'm assuming that for someone that never did the minion quests before one can buy last year's minion (Muirden) and do the quest chain as intended at least once Summerfest starts.

I'm assuming that Mitch gives a different quest chain and a different set of rewards so that once everything is working as intended there is no duplication - none of the minions you get as rewards in the Mitch chain duplicate the minions you get as rewards in the Muirden chain. And if you have *both* purchased minions you simply have double the number of special missions available as well as the Summerfest currency missions that don't require one of the purchased missions.

Is this more or less correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotea View Post
    I'm assuming that for someone that never did the minion quests before one can buy last year's minion (Muirden) and do the quest chain as intended at least once Summerfest starts.

I'm assuming that Mitch gives a different quest chain and a different set of rewards so that once everything is working as intended there is no duplication - none of the minions you get as rewards in the Mitch chain duplicate the minions you get as rewards in the Muirden chain. And if you have *both* purchased minions you simply have double the number of special missions available as well as the Summerfest currency missions that don't require one of the purchased missions.

Is this more or less correct?
    Every World Event minion starts a new chain questline to complete to award you new minions throughout it. Last year's Minion to start it off was Muirden, so you could pick that up right now, complete the chain questline and be fine. This year's is Mitch, which is currently disabled from being purchased, is an entirely new chain questline as well as offering new minions (when that gets hotfixed.)

I would recommend doing one minion at a time. So purchase and consume Muirden first then complete that chain questline. Then purchase and consume Mitch (when it's re-enabled) and complete that chain questline. I've never done two world event minions at once but I imagine that would be really frustrating to deal with given the amount of minion cards you have to go through. You don't want to have to shuffle and/or hurry cards more than necessary if that's what you do. I know a lot just let it go through naturally so they don't have to spend adventurine.
    Last edited by Riane; 07-13-2016 at 01:20 PM.

>You don't want to have to shuffle and/or hurry cards more than necessary<

Actually my theory - perhaps out of ignorance - was the exact opposite. With two minion chains going the odds on having something interesting available without shuffling or hurrying would seem to be twice as high. Granted finishing either chain in the minimum time would be harder but the time required to finish both wouldn't seem to be more - if anything, less.

I spoke with GM support a few min ago and they said they could not handle this matter and would forward it up somewhere. Again, seems the people in Chat are not able to handle matters about anything other than billing.

I had purchased Mitch during that window and got old world minions.

oh well. passed it on i guess!
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Quote Originally Posted by Dorotea View Post
    >You don't want to have to shuffle and/or hurry cards more than necessary<

Actually my theory - perhaps out of ignorance - was the exact opposite. With two minion chains going the odds on having something interesting available without shuffling or hurrying would seem to be twice as high. Granted finishing either chain in the minimum time would be harder but the time required to finish both wouldn't seem to be more - if anything, less.
    That's up to you because last year's minion and this year's minion do not follow the same patterns. You'll have to shuffle between 1ms, 5/15/20, and 8hrs. It won't be too time/cost orientated with the 1ms though.

Give it a whirl if you aren't that worried :P

I never used minions until relatively recently. I've become addicted er quite fond of the things and have 6 slots for adventures and a growing stable of them. Probably will get them both as available.

Soulwalker

Default Is this fixed for EU yet?

I just bought Mitch , is this fixed for EU or do i need to open a ticket to CS to get the new
    minions, havenīt sent any minions out yet , thats why ask.

Thanks for a great tread Riane and the quick response from Tacitus.:-)

Keep up the good work.:-)
    Last edited by Faxir; 07-13-2016 at 08:10 PM.

So he's currently available for sale after all the crashes this evening. Does that mean it's fixed?

Yes on EU it works

Also, could we maybe get a new achievement in the game for gathering a set amount of minions? Currently the highest achievement is for getting 100 minions, but with the new summerfest ones my personal count just got up to 200
    Electrah - 61 Riftstalker - Harshmallows - Gelidra
    (no longer playing the game)

I indeed only received the 3 minion cards as rewards along with roughly 600 summer merit badges. As someone who has almost 200 minions, I was doing these mostly for the extra items that they used to grant, especially troves and bracelets. At last count I need 80 bracelets to buy everything.

I can see the logic in removing the troves, if they're common, the value of the mount is reduced, people buy less troves for credits.

Similarly with bracelets, if you make it impossible to attain everything by playing the game, some people will spent credits to get some of the items.

But in the end it just means that I'm not purchasing any of the credit minions anymore, because I just don't need them.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast