• 2 Post By Kronos v
  • 3 Post By Nephyla
  • 2 Post By Ocho
  • 1 Post By Nuuli
  • 2 Post By Laeti

Thread: Temporaily blocked from joining Instant adventure

Shadowlander

Default Temporaily blocked from joining Instant adventure

How long r u blocked? Picked up a mining node and had a short phone call yesterday and got blocked. I'm still blocked form joining IA's today on that toon.

you'll have an Ascended Disgrace debuff that you can mouse over to see the time remaining.
    it doesn't count down while you are logged off, so whatever time it had remaining when you logged off yesterday would still be remaining when you logged in today.

it is advisable to leave an IA group if you are called away for any reason. you can always re-join when you get back.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Soulwalker

Was kicked while playing and was not AFK. It was a lvl 59 and out of the blue I was kicked. How is the kick done?

From observation, if you haven't hit anything or activated a quest objective in some modest amount of time, you get removed from getting credit for the adventure. After some further amount of time, you get kicked and have the rejoin penalty.

Some IAs can be confusing, for example some require you to talk to some specific NPC to obtain a new temporary power allowing you to interact with other things scattered about. If you don't follow the directions, you will not be scoring any points for the raid, and thus your timer will be activated.

I do notice plenty of players either don't want to do those non-killing sorts of things or don't understand them, so often this type of quest goes slowly, as maybe only a few players are actually making the quest advance. My advice is for those people to at least help kill anything that another player is in combat with. That helps the player that is carrying the raid to get on with the quest objectives, and the assist activity keeps you from being flagged as inactive.

Soulwalker

I queued for an Intrepid adventure, then realized I needed a couple things from AH. I took like 2 minutes at most, ignoring teleport twice (since I didn't know how else to dequeue) and then find I'm blocked for 15 minutes. This seems like an extremely excessive penalty.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Theronos View Post
    I queued for an Intrepid adventure, then realized I needed a couple things from AH. I took like 2 minutes at most, ignoring teleport twice (since I didn't know how else to dequeue) and then find I'm blocked for 15 minutes. This seems like an extremely excessive penalty.
    On the same screen you used to queue, click "leave".

Soulwalker

Thanks, I'll look for that next time. After first declining teleport there was no visual indicator anywhere that I could see that I was actually still queued. I would expect there to be a leave icon next to the mail/minion icons, but there was not. And, nevertheless, a 15 minute penalty for a two minute delay when I'm not even in the IA yet is ridiculous.

Plane Walker

Quote Originally Posted by Theronos View Post
    Thanks, I'll look for that next time. After first declining teleport there was no visual indicator anywhere that I could see that I was actually still queued. I would expect there to be a leave icon next to the mail/minion icons, but there was not. And, nevertheless, a 15 minute penalty for a two minute delay when I'm not even in the IA yet is ridiculous.
    From the moment you are on the group, you're considered part of the IA. Since you didn't teleport, you were marked AFK, hence the debuff.

Shadowlander

There is nothing wrong with removing AFK'ers from IA's. Punitive action on the other hand drives players away. It's not rocket science guys.

Quote Originally Posted by trudie View Post
    There is nothing wrong with removing AFK'ers from IA's. Punitive action on the other hand drives players away. It's not rocket science guys.
    Removing afk'ers from IAs doesn't actually address the issue. The "smart" way to go about things then would be to rejoin until you get AFK kicked again. And again. It's just moving the problem around.

While I sympathize with folks who are called away by RL (I'm one of those people from time to time) the participation requirements are fairly low. And the penalty is also short, so just go do something else for a little bit and it'll be available again. It's part of the price to keep folks from abusing your efforts in the long run and still nets out more benefit to you than were it to not exist.

Quote Originally Posted by trudie View Post
    Once again the time out discourages afk exploit by putting a time factor in. If not, the afker can just que back in and afk.

The answer once again is leave and return when you're able to. That's what I do. If I have to walk away, I leave the group and return.

That's not rocket science. A 15 minute time out is much of a punishment is it? Really?

Honestly IAs is the least demanding activity in the whole game, the only requirement being "just do something!" - is it really too much to ask? We are all people, we have lives and needs, stepping away from time to time is absolutely normal. However I don't see people arguing that it's "too much" to not be AFK while you're healing a raid or tanking a dungeon boss. Everyone is fine with deserter penalties when someone leaves a WF or an NTE group. With IAs you can just leave and rejoin with no punishment at all. If doing so is too much effort, maybe someone should just try single player games with a 'pause' option, or stick to solo activities?
    Get your free shinies apply the code -> W2X6-HTHQ-NHC2-EWFX-3PDJ<-
    Monetization Discussion Thread <3
    Ambassador Program Revamp Discussion <3
    So tell me what you want, what you really really want - Rift Edition
    I have a special place reserved for me in hell. It's called a Throne.

Shadowlander

I just want to thank the moderator who warned me about the quality of moderation on this forum. I appreciate it.

Although the ability to reply to the warning so I could share my appreciate with you would maybe be a small improvement?

You'll be pleased to know I have taken my exact words and posted them publically elsewhere with... ahem... different moderation standards.

Thank you.

Soulwalker

Default It is worth while noting, that many players are not coming back

And I would say, I just tried to come back, thought it would be fun to play again, and logged in, went to do intrepid, and was denied access. Tried to gain access a couple of times, thinking, wtf is this? and finally, just said screw it, its a lame game anyways. So I left. And I'm not alone. Too many rules for such a shallow game. Sad.

Plane Touched

There are some instant adventures that teleport you in to a spot almost half a zone away from the objective. If I get in late, I can't get there in time. In that case, I just stop and kill any mob just so the game knows I'm active.

I've done a tremendous number of IAs, and it was extremely rare to be marked AFK for no reason.

I think a time penalty for AFKers is entirely reasonable and necessary. Otherwise, some players will just join, and rejoin over and over, just to AFK and sponge experience, gold and reward chests for no work.

It could ruin the enjoyment of participating players by slowing down the rate of completion and increasing the difficulty. The number of tasks per IA is contingent on the number of players so even one AFK player can substantially raise the number of tasks.

It really is frustrating when I realize I am the only active IA player when there are 2 or 3 others in the group. I usually either leave or just slow down until they get booted.

+ Reply to Thread