+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: PTW Act III Siege of SK - bugged to hell, cant even abandon it

1.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #16
    Rift Team

Hey everyone, I've done some investigating into Teth Torok and there are definitely some issues with his attack behavior.

I've submitted a fix for the next patch that should make this fight much less frustrating and more managable. Apologies to everyone that has been completely frustrated with this part of the quest.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Videssian View Post
    You don't need to get on top of the wooden ramp. Just get him standing in the middle of the ramp on the fabric part (he's still on the ground, the fabric part comes to his waist).

If you position yourself inside him just right, one of the attacks will work, and he can't see you.
    What I was doing wrong was going left facing away from the wheel (from the perspective of zoning in or respawning at his rear) up that ramp. The ramp with the umbrella on the platform, opposite, was the correct one and correct when facing the wheel.

Thanks for the posts!

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alandar View Post
    I have to agree this was a bit hard. I tried on several dps roles, he would two shot me within seconds. I was able to switch to sentinel and outheal him but.. damn, if i didn't have a healing role to do that it would have been impossible.
    Same here. He beat me down when I was playing dps, but I took him out pretty easy using my Chloromancer spec

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post
    Hey everyone, I've done some investigating into Teth Torok and there are definitely some issues with his attack behavior.

I've submitted a fix for the next patch that should make this fight much less frustrating and more managable. Apologies to everyone that has been completely frustrated with this part of the quest.
    wow, now I feel pretty pleased with myself for having killed him without having to resort to any silliness like the ramp thing.
    found kiting and mixing the temp abilities worked well. I did die a couple of times at the start, but once I tried kiting the damage was less of a problem than the leashing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ocho View Post
    Or to put it more simply, it doesn't matter if you're topping the charts if you're killing the wrong people.

Surprised to see they had put him at that spot, on PTS he spawned in the big circular area where you killed his army, would have made more sense to have kept him there

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Icarus View Post

I do hope you also have it fixed so that you don't have to repeat all the previous quest steps. If you get to the boss fight and have to log out or get dc it's totally depressing to have to repeat the whole of the previous steps to get to the boss again.

Also, move the orb and respawn point further away from boss. I died several times by being in aggro range on respawning and I rarely managed to get the special spells back because the orb thingy is also within aggro range!

Default "The Siege of Shal Korva" - bugged

Hi. Well, took out the big guy no problem with NO dying but looked at the counter "Kill Army" and it's at 99/100, went back out to the kill field and NOBODY there to get final kill. I thought killing boss would put me at 100 but NO. Boss is dead and now it's stuck as incomplete because of 1 kill!? I'me NOT gonna go through defending the points, go to catapults, and attempt, hope, and PRAY there's 100 guys there to kill, again!
    "Life is Tough. Wear a helmet"

Quote Originally Posted by Chuckamundo View Post
    Hi. Well, took out the big guy no problem with NO dying but looked at the counter "Kill Army" and it's at 99/100, went back out to the kill field and NOBODY there to get final kill. I thought killing boss would put me at 100 but NO. Boss is dead and now it's stuck as incomplete because of 1 kill!? I'me NOT gonna go through defending the points, go to catapults, and attempt, hope, and PRAY there's 100 guys there to kill, again!
    I have just done the same and my counter is at 97/100. I have run around the entire place, killing everything I see, including the BOSS...but nothing. What a waste of time!! SO frustrating.

I don't recall the fight being horrible, but I was in Druid role with my Cleric doing the entire instance.
    OP healing faerie ftw! :P
    Sanzor@Zaviel
    Guild - The Pack

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2