+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Diorr

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: How to trigger poison sight for artifacts?

Rift Disciple

Default How to trigger poison sight for artifacts?

Hi there,
    not having followed news of 3.4 development, the first thing I saw about the new PBN artifacts was in the patch notes the other day. But how do you even trigger poison sight? From the patch notes, I was assuming simply by picking up artifacts... except between my wife and me, we have so far done about 3.5 hours of artifact hunting, on a variety of different characters, in a variety of different zones (except Plane of Water and PTW), both on EU and US servers.

We're usually just go to a random zone (or to one where an unstable event has just started, if there is one), activate the Patron's Artifact Sight, and for the next half hour pick up everything we find (including twisted ones). Between us we have done that 7 times so far in the last two days, and poison sight hasn't popped even once for either of us. Are we doing anything wrong, or is it just that rare?

And bonus question: does it only trigger for regular artifacts (if that's even how to get it), or for twisted ones as well?

Thanks for reading, and for any hints you might be able to offer
    Last edited by Ailar; 10-09-2015 at 09:39 AM.

Rift Disciple

I believe you can only find poison, burning, and nightmare artifacts in planetouched wilds. It'll trigger from regular artifacts in the zone and give you a debuff that will tick damage. To get burning artifact debuff, you'll need the poison debuff first and so on. Regular > Poison > Burning > Nightmare.The debuffs are rng.

dior
    trinity
    MASTER OF THE WILD

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Diorr View Post
    I believe you can only find poison, burning, and nightmare artifacts in planetouched wilds. It'll trigger from regular artifacts in the zone and give you a debuff that will tick damage. To get burning artifact debuff, you'll need the poison debuff first and so on. Regular > Poison > Burning > Nightmare.The debuffs are rng.
    And it seems you are correct I was wondering if that might be the case, but couldn't find any mention of it in the patch notes... which was entirely my fault - I should've read all of it, because it says so right at the bottom of the section about the new shinies where they are to be found.

Thanks a lot!

Shadowlander

Default Poison Artifact Sight

Quote Originally Posted by Diorr View Post
    Fishing in Stonefield for Uncle Stan today, 4/30/2017 and was hit with poison. Looked to see what could have caused the 604 damage ticking away at my health and noticed in combat tab it said "Katonia gains Katonia's Artifact Sight" If you don't click on the icon to turn it off you will continuously lose health for the next fifteen minutes. Sooooo..you can find these artifacts in waters other than Planetouched Wilds.

Quote Originally Posted by Katonia View Post
    Fishing in Stonefield for Uncle Stan today, 4/30/2017 and was hit with poison. Looked to see what could have caused the 604 damage ticking away at my health and noticed in combat tab it said "Katonia gains Katonia's Artifact Sight" If you don't click on the icon to turn it off you will continuously lose health for the next fifteen minutes. Sooooo..you can find these artifacts in waters other than Planetouched Wilds.
    This thread was made in 2015.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

Soulwalker

Will use this thread..
    Yesterday it was ok, but today i run all over stonefield, collect 4 bags of artifacts and not a single poison sight..
    Is it broken somehow?

It broke a while back. Basically works for a short time after server reset then gone. We were told we would be notified when fixed.
    Uruketo, 70 Warrior
    <Grievance> Guild Leader
    Defiant - Wolfsbane
    http://www.grievancegaming.org/

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Boase View Post
    This thread was made in 2015.
    This indicates that Katonia searched the forums for a relevant thread rather than start a new one.

Is that wrong?
    Last edited by Clawd; 05-11-2017 at 09:31 PM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Uruketo View Post
    It broke a while back. Basically works for a short time after server reset then gone. We were told we would be notified when fixed.
    I just checked and it is working fine right now. It is a long time since server reset.

I am not saying there wasn't a problem, and I am not saying that I didn't tell you I would let you know when it was fixed. But I don't remember any of that, however it would have been a while ago so not remembering is not surprising.

Anyway I am going to say ... It's Fixed

+ Reply to Thread