+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: What is the sweet spot for minion slots?

Rift Chaser

Default What is the sweet spot for minion slots?

For those who have more than one minion slot, what is the "sweet spot" in terms of the number of slots, and why do you feel this is so?

Three, because you can have two active long missions and one slot to use for leveling up experience?

Four, because you can be running two long missions, a short mission, and still have one for leveling experience?

I'm still very new to the minion thing, having returned to the game about a month ago after a year's absence.

Many thanks!

six because more loot

Six slots plus Minion Sender. I go plowing through 5-15 min adventures the whole time I'm playing, and then set them for 8 hours before conking out for the night.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Rift Chaser

Well, certainly, obviously the max available is going to provide you maximum flexibility, but what I am really asking is this:

What number below six will provide good functionality without spending the maximum credits possible?

Hence a sweet spot, min/max, optimal return on investment ... however you want to define it. What's really useful at less than six, and why?

Many thanks!
    Last edited by Jirahar; 10-06-2015 at 12:23 PM.

Plane Touched

Default Just pony up

Do what you need to be able to buy those extra slots. With Minion Sender, you'll see full return on the investment in a few months, if not weeks.

Rift Chaser

I've had Minion Sender for close to three weeks. I like it.

I appreciate the responses, I do, but none of them are within the parameters of the question I am asking. :/

I guess I'll just gradually buy them and find the answer for myself. Thank you for trying.

For myself, I don't really think there "is" a sweet spot. A lot of it depends on your play time and what you want your minions to be.

If your goal is to blitz them to max level as fast as possible, then having as many slots as you can, and running them as fast as you can, is your best option.

If your goal is how much swag you can accrue, then obviously you want to skip the 1-minute missions because you get nothing for them, and focus instead on churning through the 5-15s as fast you can go through them.

If you want the quality stuff, then you'd need to alternate between churning through fast stuff to accrue adventurine, and then routinely spend it by sending your minions on the 10-hour missions.

And the more slots you have, the faster you can do it.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

The sweet spot is probably best determined by the number of minions you have. If you have 2 minions, 1 slot is going to be more than enough. If you have every minion then you'll want more slots than currently exist.

I'd say at very least you'll want two slots (but really get six ;) I might be biased on that though) and pick up more if you find you're not running through the stamina of minions as much as you'd like.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirahar View Post
    For those who have more than one minion slot, what is the "sweet spot" in terms of the number of slots, and why do you feel this is so?

Three, because you can have two active long missions and one slot to use for leveling up experience?

Four, because you can be running two long missions, a short mission, and still have one for leveling experience?

I'm still very new to the minion thing, having returned to the game about a month ago after a year's absence.

Many thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    The sweet spot is probably best determined by the number of minions you have. If you have 2 minions, 1 slot is going to be more than enough. If you have every minion then you'll want more slots than currently exist.

I'd say at very least you'll want two slots (but really get six ;) I might be biased on that though) and pick up more if you find you're not running through the stamina of minions as much as you'd like.
    This ^^^

Personally, I'd say if you have up to 10 minions and use 5/15 minute missions regularly, a single slot is fine. I personally think one slot per 10 mid or high level minions is ideal.

With even just 100 minions (an easily achievable number for someone that doesn't actively look for new minions), you'll never run out of stamina with 5/15 minute mission with 6 slots.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDaemon View Post
    With even just 100 minions (an easily achievable number for someone that doesn't actively look for new minions), you'll never run out of stamina with 5/15 minute mission with 6 slots.
    This statement is 100% accurate, so feel free to dismiss any concerns about minion cost or stamina.

I use six minion slots. I run 5/15 minute missions while I'm online and 8 hours while I'm offline. I also use minion sender to maximize my minion efficiency. Doing this, I passively generate about 700 plat a week. Literally all I have to do is mash a button every 15 minutes and then sell off the materials I get.

Any credits you have to put down to pay for slots will quickly be made back in plat. After that, it becomes a 100% profit operation. Suffice to say, you'd be crazy not to invest in the slots if you can afford them (at least by buying REXes, that is.)
    Starfall Prophecy? More like Overall Amount of Content Fall Prophecy.
    Prophecy of Ahnket? More like Prophecy of Content Drought.
    Rift: Maintenance Mode.

I don't know, but its more then 6!

Need more slots!

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    I don't know, but its more then 6!

Need more slots!
    this!

/10char

Rift Chaser

Sincere thanks to Snedhepl, DarkDaemon, and others -- that was helpful! Much appreciated!

Plane Touched

Lightbulb I'd pay for that

Hey, Trion - listen up!

I would be very willing to pay at least as much as I paid for slot 6 for a slot 7, 8, 9 and even 10.
    I might be willing to pay slightly more.

Quote Originally Posted by xeroid View Post
    Hey, Trion - listen up!

I would be very willing to pay at least as much as I paid for slot 6 for a slot 7, 8, 9 and even 10.
    I might be willing to pay slightly more.
    Ayup. Me too.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast