+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: IA Intrepid Chests

Default IA Intrepid Chests

Is it intended to only have 30 void stones or so from all the chests, including boss kills ones?
    It used to be a fair way to gear up my mage, my rogue missed this chance.
    Dungeons would take ages to pop, also.
    Warfronts only drop currencies once per day.
    Looted around 30 chests, the probability to get a piece of gear used to be more than 50%.

So, what is it the way to gear toons pre 65?
    Except crafting.
    Last edited by Dee Dee; 08-02-2015 at 07:46 AM.

Find a tank buddy and run dungeons.
    Niou Glitterdance - 70 The Silent
    Wikstrom Seihachi - 6- The Relentless
    -= Faeblight =-

Quote Originally Posted by Nithydux View Post
    Find a tank buddy and run dungeons.
    I can tank myself, very long queues....

There is no incentive in doing them unless you are 65 and you do the weekly.
    GG Trion, because people will not get to 65 by a miracle they are stucked to questing.
    Warfronts take long, dungeons take long, low level raids nonexistent.

Pre 65 you don't need gear, because your in an IA and your gear is all bolstered.

But there is all that planar gear you can buy with source stone and planarite, or you can use platinum and buy gear at the Auction House. You say not crafted, but this is still a valid and cost effective way and all you have to do is flip those minions.

Since you mention getting Void Stones your over 60. It is faster to quest through Goboro and Draum for 60-65, then IA's. Do a few here and there and save the boxes for 65 to help with starter gear however.

Q up for a dungeon, then enter your IA or go questing, this way your doing something while you wait for it to pop.

Also you can get the Zone Event weekly at 60 so might as well pick that up for the 2500 VS.

I don't think anything has changed with the way gear drops from IA boxes, at least not in the what 2 or 3 months? Since HK IA's were introduced.

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    Pre 65 you don't need gear, because your in an IA and your gear is all bolstered.

But there is all that planar gear you can buy with source stone and planarite, or you can use platinum and buy gear at the Auction House. You say not crafted, but this is still a valid and cost effective way and all you have to do is flip those minions.

Since you mention getting Void Stones your over 60. It is faster to quest through Goboro and Draum for 60-65, then IA's. Do a few here and there and save the boxes for 65 to help with starter gear however.

Q up for a dungeon, then enter your IA or go questing, this way your doing something while you wait for it to pop.

Also you can get the Zone Event weekly at 60 so might as well pick that up for the 2500 VS.

I don't think anything has changed with the way gear drops from IA boxes, at least not in the what 2 or 3 months? Since HK IA's were introduced.
    I have done a full run including minibosses on my level 61 rogue 2 days ago, and regarding how much time consuming, it resulted in 1 piece of gear and 150 voidstones or so.
    Never had that bad RNG on my mage, and I assumed a silent nerf.

You say gear is not needed, you can not go naked in IA, you still need every slot equiped, that's how bolstering works, and when you are 65 your stats are not bolstered anymore.

There are 2 kinds of chests and there was no difference in between them.

7.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Eilauria View Post
    There was in fact one change since HK released. Sometime in the last few weeks I increased the odds of getting a chest from an open-world IA boss encounter from 70% to 100%. It looks like I forgot to submit a release note for that change (omg a stealth buff!). So the only recent change was to make IA even more rewarding.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

+ Reply to Thread