+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: IA infinite "No objective, No teleport" bug

An update and an interesting workaround I found:

I got into an IA group, paired with a friend, where she didn't have the objective (along with a great many others if not all in the destination IA group) but I did. It was a boss, I went to his location, marked it for the group, all came running, boss died, people reported getting an objective again for the next IA.

So if someone in the group has the objective, and can complete it (I don't know if a bodycount quest would count in the same way as it relates to everyone helping), that seems to right the problem. I stayed in that group and it moved to other areas, so it seems to have been a complete fix.
    "Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." -Raistlin Majere

Tales from the Void: http://omedon.tumblr.com

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

That didn't seem to fix things for the group I was in earlier, unfortunately. On the plus side, I finally witnessed first hand the reports of getting spammed as non-participating, and it appears pretty clearly linked from what I saw to groups after a bad merge. So bottom line is that the merge is broken badly on Live, and we have a fix incoming that should fix the merge process itself.

The hope is that if the root problem - bad merges - is resolved, all these after effects will go away since they are symptoms of the original issue.

But we can't be sure - right now the bad merges we KNOW are creating a lot of trouble, but they are also making the waters very muddy. We need our current fix to go Live so we can let the water clear and see what - IF ANY - issues remain.

So I will be VERY keen to hear any IA bug reports after the next hotfix.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 04-26-2015 at 05:47 PM.

Soulwalker

Default "Do not meet map requirements" error for low level character no teleport to IA

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    That didn't seem to fix things for the group I was in earlier, unfortunately. On the plus side, I finally witnessed first hand the reports of getting spammed as non-participating, and it appears pretty clearly linked from what I saw to groups after a bad merge. So bottom line is that the merge is broken badly on Live, and we have a fix incoming that should fix the merge process itself.

The hope is that if the root problem - bad merges - is resolved, all these after effects will go away since they are symptoms of the original issue.

But we can't be sure - right now the bad merges we KNOW are creating a lot of trouble, but they are also making the waters very muddy. We need our current fix to go Live so we can let the water clear and see what - IF ANY - issues remain.

I've been receiving a "does not meet map requirements" error after my level 38 char cues in for an IA and it's in level 60 or higher zone. People were suggesting enabling sidekick and that didn't work. I logged out of the character, logged out of the game...nada. Unless I get lucky and start with a lower than 60 map I don't get to do my daily IA's now.

I was hoping todays patch notes would address the issue - at least that something is being done to fix it and there was nothing! Instant Adventures are one of the main features I enjoy about this game and it is unique in the MMORPG world. With things as they are, it's becoming a near deal breaker for me and I really think for a free-to-play Rift is the best I've found - that's why I've been sticking it out. I'm not paying for WOW or FFXIV when I've got a free game of Rift's caliber to play - just want the darn IA fixed lol.

I recommend if this problem is the cluster it seems to be from the threads here, roll back and restore the old IA until you get this resolved. I'm not a programmer or a code person so I don't know how easy or difficult doing that would be - if it's even possible. Just a suggestion.

At a minimum I highly recommend you get the word out to players - use the log in message and may be an update to the patch notes - specifically address the IA issue. This way people like me can find out what the heck is going on instead of just getting pissed and quitting the game! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Rosatrix View Post
    I've been receiving a "does not meet map requirements" error after my level 38 char cues in for an IA and it's in level 60 or higher zone. People were suggesting enabling sidekick and that didn't work. I logged out of the character, logged out of the game...nada. Unless I get lucky and start with a lower than 60 map I don't get to do my daily IA's now.

I was hoping todays patch notes would address the issue - at least that something is being done to fix it and there was nothing! Instant Adventures are one of the main features I enjoy about this game and it is unique in the MMORPG world. With things as they are, it's becoming a near deal breaker for me and I really think for a free-to-play Rift is the best I've found - that's why I've been sticking it out. I'm not paying for WOW or FFXIV when I've got a free game of Rift's caliber to play - just want the darn IA fixed lol.

I recommend if this problem is the cluster it seems to be from the threads here, roll back and restore the old IA until you get this resolved. I'm not a programmer or a code person so I don't know how easy or difficult doing that would be - if it's even possible. Just a suggestion.

At a minimum I highly recommend you get the word out to players - use the log in message and may be an update to the patch notes - specifically address the IA issue. This way people like me can find out what the heck is going on instead of just getting pissed and quitting the game! Thanks!
    Thank you for reporting this, as disappointed as I am to hear that the "all clear" for IAs is still not here two weeks later. Guess I'll keep playing other game for the time being.
    "Hope is the denial of reality. It is the carrot dangled before the draft horse to keep him plodding along in a vain attempt to reach it." -Raistlin Majere

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #20

Quote Originally Posted by Rosatrix View Post
    I was hoping todays patch notes would address the issue - at least that something is being done to fix it and there was nothing!
    I spoke with the engineer involved, and it seems that while the fix for bad merges went in, a note for the patch notes did not.

So - the merge bug should be FIXED. Joining IA in SL zones as a sub-lvl50 character should also be FIXED. These should be in the patch that just went Live today.

What is NOT fixed is the "You are not participating" spam at times even though you are actively contributing. The good news is that intrepid players on the PTS day helped us crack this issue and the fix for it will be in next week's patch.

I spoke with the engineer involved, and it seems that while the fix for bad merges went in, a note for the patch notes did not.

So - the merge bug should be FIXED. Joining IA in SL zones as a sub-lvl50 character should also be FIXED. These should be in the patch that just went Live today.

What is NOT fixed is the "You are not participating" spam at times even though you are actively contributing. The good news is that intrepid players on the PTS day helped us crack this issue and the fix for it will be in next week's patch.
    I really appreciate the transparent conversation that has transpired as this revamp of Instant Adventures has rolled out. I'll be logging in and giving the latest build a spin in light of the fixes you've mentioned, and I'll report back if I find anything wonky that shouldn't still be so.
    Last edited by Omedon; 04-30-2015 at 07:19 PM.

Soulwalker

I've tried a few IA's this afternoon. The first one worked, but since then they've mostly been broken. I managed to get into another working one, but as soon as the group merged with another, it broke. Same thing last night, I ended up just giving up after a while and logging off. :/

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23

Yeah, so it looks like we fixed one merge issue, but that doing so did not resolve the other issues. We are continuing to investigate.

And I assure you - I share your frustration on this.

Soulwalker

Default Thank you

Yeah, so it looks like we fixed one merge issue, but that doing so did not resolve the other issues. We are continuing to investigate.

And I assure you - I share your frustration on this.
    Thank you for your updates here and response to my note. I can only imagine the pressure you all are under with this and don't want to add to it. Just keep us "civilians" posted and I think you will help alleviate everyone's frustration :-)

What will probably be funny when all is said and done is what will surface as the answer. Sometimes the most obvious solution takes the longest to find because we think it's too simple to the right answer.

Ascendant

Here's what happend to my wife and me on friday 1/may (EU cluster).
    • We joined an IA group, but neither got a teleport, nor a group objective. After a while we left the group, rejoined, and got into a working group.
    • We were sent to eastern holdings (I think), and after some steps we had to fight a boss that did spawn some little adds, which killed people very fast.
    • When the boss was down, we got a teleport to the next objective. After we ported to the new location, another of the little adds was already there, and now I noticed that it was level 65 - no wonder they killed us fast, as we were force mentored to level 56.
    • I left the group, ignored the teleport dialog, and finished off the add (no problem with the IA mentoring gone). The others from the IA group were still around, so I used the button "join adventure" to get into this group were my wife was still in.
    • We had to kill 30 tree mobs, which were dying surprisingly fast now - until I recognized that I was still level 65, although I was member of the level 56 IA group Eventually this came in handy when another of the level 65 mobs from the previous step spawned. Only when the current IA step ended I got mentored down to the proper level.
    Since all this happened after the latest hotfix, I get the feeling that there are still some lurking bugs hidden somewhere in the new IA code apart from that, we both like the new IAs pretty much, and as soon as the bugs are ironed out this new system will be far better than the old one.

I just wanted to take a moment to thank everyone that's being civil with feedback, and all the RIFT dev folks working on IAs.

I can't speak for everyone else, but I personally am showing uncommon patience with this IA rework because, as I've experienced first hand, this new system is AMAZING when it works! I'd spent so long gaming the old system with specific queues because being an explorer just felt inefficient in IAs, and now that that's not an option, and the "random" button truly reaches everywhere, and we get teleported from zone to zone, I've seen IAs I didn't even know existed, and have had a blast! Just the other day I did some multi-boss gladiatorial arena IA in a Storm Legion zone, and it was so awesome! I never would have known this was out there while it was still so clearly optimal to keep spamming Silverwood or just Mathosia in general.

Thank you, Tacitus, for you and your team's hard work, and thanks to the RIFT community for letting this new IA vintage breathe. Here's hoping we get this running well and then IAs can spread into even more zones, like more old raids!
    Last edited by Omedon; 05-02-2015 at 08:00 AM.

Shadowlander

had this happen today, did a random IA in ashora, crashed doing boss so no reward, came back, joined IA again, this time no teleport

Unfortunately I must report that the bug originally pointed out in this thread is still happening.

Played IAs for an entire day before it did, but it's still there.
    Last edited by Omedon; 05-09-2015 at 11:27 PM.

General of Telara

For me IAs in Cape Jule seem bugged, I just don't get a quest there, I do however get the teleport. Seems like the other people are fine, just my poor lvl 43 warrior on Faeblight doesn't get any quest.

Tried relogging etc. but seems I keep ending up in the same IA queue every time so I can't do any IAs right now
    Have to wait until the darn system decides for a zone change and not go back after 5 adventures as it just did...pretty frustrating.

General of Telara

Okay it seems the bad merge issue is still not fixed entirely.
    Just when our IA group made a bump in size at the end of an adventure, no new objective came up.

It happened in Shimmersand, Greybriar 15:05 server time, after a wardstone (is that the english name?) protection adventure.

Also, something is definitely bugged in Cape Jule, I'm still meeting people below level 50 asking why they didn't get an objective, while everyone else seems fine.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast