+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Gloamwood Rare - Scald Spawn Location

Default Gloamwood Rare - Scald Spawn Location

I have been looking for Scald for a couple of weeks now and have yet to find any information online that shows the correct spawn location. After reading through the forums I decided to check near the healer in Darkening Deeps. While he isn't really near the healer anymore he is near the portal to the Darkening Deeps Instance.

I made this video showing the correct spawn location and path.

Gloamwood Rare - Scald Spawn Location

I found him twice within 30 minutes.

Just a note, Scald is one of the rares with several spawn points, as well as patrol paths. Just because you didn't find him in the listed locations doesn't mean much, unfortunately. While looking for him specifically, I checked the spawn near Gloamwood first, jumping shards of course, since he doesn't move much there. Then I'd do a complete circle through the Darkening Deeps area for that patrol path - on each shard, too. LOL Then I'd check the area around the Standing Stones, for that patrol path. I wasn't lucky enough to catch him for a LONG time, although the shard jumping does help tremendously.
    Last edited by Golden; 04-14-2015 at 07:05 PM.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

I got lucky- I ported into an IA in DD area, at one of the curves and BAM there he was, right in front of me, less than half a meter! Screenshots were taken of my kill- I hunted that f----er for YEARS!

Rift Chaser

if I remember correctly, he sometimes appears as a non-targetable red thingy that you need to stand on to spawn him. There are several rares that you just can't run around spaming a target macro.
    If you are going to cross thin ice, you might as well dance across.

Soulwalker

Default RareDar will be of little help

I use the addon RareDar and it's of little help with this mob because to get him to spawn you must stand in a non-targetable red sphere(if you can find it).
    Support Trion and their excellent games!

Thanks for this post OP, I was only searching on the other side. Good to know they wander around a bit more. I just started hunting rares in earnest, all I have left for Silverwood are the Vengeful Spirit and the Werewolf. I have a feeling those two might take a while, lol. I'm using Raredar and have my targeting macros. Any other add-ons or advice for a new hunter?
    Last edited by PaulieGatto; 05-27-2015 at 02:45 PM.

Ghostwheel@Vigil

Rift Chaser

For people looking for the Vengful Spirit...

You have to click or interact with the hidden crypt thingy to spawn it. if you are just running around with a target macro or addon you will likely miss it.
    If you are going to cross thin ice, you might as well dance across.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Glodxius View Post
    I have been looking for Scald for a couple of weeks now and have yet to find any information online that shows the correct spawn location. After reading through the forums I decided to check near the healer in Darkening Deeps. While he isn't really near the healer anymore he is near the portal to the Darkening Deeps Instance.

I made this video showing the correct spawn location and path.

Gloamwood Rare - Scald Spawn Location

I found him twice within 30 minutes.
    Spot on. Found him right in front of the cavern with the spiders in the Darkening Deeps ravine. Loc was 4948 x 2245.
    Eventually I will think of something cool and inspiring to put here.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daethros View Post
    Spot on. Found him right in front of the cavern with the spiders in the Darkening Deeps ravine. Loc was 4948 x 2245.
    Congrats!

As an aside, I made a pass through most of the old world rares to update them to not get attacked by rifts/invasions/etc just like I did with Gloamwood a while back. I also fixed an issue that could stop some of the Gloamwood rares from showing up in the Grove of the Ancients area.

*edit* to add: These updates went live in yesterday's patch.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 07-16-2015 at 10:10 AM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Sword of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I also fixed an issue that could stop some of the Gloamwood rares from showing up in the Grove of the Ancients area.

*edit* to add: These updates went live in yesterday's patch.
    Thank you so very much.

I was wondering why Zatzak and friends just refused to pop for me. I've done ultimate hunter once, and have just a handful left for #2, yet could not find him anywhere in that area even after a server reset.

I killed them numerous times before on my first hunt for Scald. It seemed as though something must've been up, but I thought it was just me this time (lol). Though I did just check on all shards and netted Stalker. Browncaps will be mine... soon

It definitely is easier the second time around once you know a fair few patrol routes. Coordinates tend to leave you camping even when your target is a patrol. Though some stuff, like this, I still haven't seen having checked the spot on all shards at least a dozen times.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11

Quote Originally Posted by Foolio View Post
    Though some stuff, like this, I still haven't seen having checked the spot on all shards at least a dozen times.
    Ah, that particular spawn point is long, LONG gone. It was... very fragile in its implementation. When I did a clean up pass of worst offenders in IP, I culled that spawn point because the amount of time it would have taken to rebuild in a non-broken way was going to be crazy. At the same time that I culled that spawn point, I removed the version of Mad Hogger that would spawn in Mage's Mark and march straight into town to die. :P

On the plus side, Netherworld Wanderer should be much easier now that he no longer runs straight into a foothold within minutes of spawning. Same with the werewolf in Moonshade. :P

I also noticed that the red riding hood version of the Stalker of Tears spawn was broken and fixed that as well. Basically, I spent a Sunday at home recently finally getting back to cleaning up some f the old rare spawn issues that had been on my back burner for too long while I was buried under Instant Adventure work.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Rift Disciple

Thank you so very much.

I was wondering why Zatzak and friends just refused to pop for me. I've done ultimate hunter once, and have just a handful left for #2, yet could not find him anywhere in that area even after a server reset.

I killed them numerous times before on my first hunt for Scald. It seemed as though something must've been up, but I thought it was just me this time (lol). Though I did just check on all shards and netted Stalker. Browncaps will be mine... soon

It definitely is easier the second time around once you know a fair few patrol routes. Coordinates tend to leave you camping even when your target is a patrol. Though some stuff, like this, I still haven't seen having checked the spot on all shards at least a dozen times.
    Both Browncaps were still spawning, just...not very often, and sometimes separated. While I was looking for them on my mage (last ones I needed for her!), I found several Browncap Cutters in a pack with no Zatzak twice - the second time I kept running around and found Zatzak far enough away from them as to be outside the range of a target macro - which never happened with my cleric or rogue (and I know I found them more than once on both of those while looking for others)... So keep checking if you do find that...

Also... Yay, I am not the only one doing these achievements on multiple characters! I am not sure why I have so much fun working on them. XD

Ah, that particular spawn point is long, LONG gone. It was... very fragile in its implementation. When I did a clean up pass of worst offenders in IP, I culled that spawn point because the amount of time it would have taken to rebuild in a non-broken way was going to be crazy. At the same time that I culled that spawn point, I removed the version of Mad Hogger that would spawn in Mage's Mark and march straight into town to die. :P

On the plus side, Netherworld Wanderer should be much easier now that he no longer runs straight into a foothold within minutes of spawning. Same with the werewolf in Moonshade. :P

I also noticed that the red riding hood version of the Stalker of Tears spawn was broken and fixed that as well. Basically, I spent a Sunday at home recently finally getting back to cleaning up some f the old rare spawn issues that had been on my back burner for too long while I was buried under Instant Adventure work.
    That's nice to know. XD Every time I worked on IPP rares I'd always check that spot even if I didn't need that one, just because I wanted to see the event. And thanks for the other fixes as well...

Sword of Telara

I removed the version of Mad Hogger that would spawn in Mage's Mark and march straight into town to die. :P
    If my interpretation of this is correct, then the trash heap is now a complete waste of time, then! Howling caves and the spot near the lake it is, I suppose.

Anyhow, the other "broken" ones I know of...

Stonefield: Rendfang has spawned and immediately run into either a foothold or the defiant camp on the east side every time I've killed him.
    IPP: Near the Netherworld Wanderer bridge, Fenwyn/Razorfang love to attack the foothold in the valley below.

Another bug is that Hervaz (Ardent Domain) seems not to respond to a /targetexact macro used by many rare finding addons.

I really love the little events, and to some extent I prefer the patrolling targets. It's so much better than running around to one spot, hopping shards and coming back later. Having to look round a bit or use your eyes is so much better than mashing a macro key.

Somewhat offtopic, but how many "unlisted" rares are there? I know that a couple are still in the game, I bumped into a few recently in Droughtlands.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Sword of Telara

Does Silverwood's werewolf still spawn on the top of the southeasternmost tower of the Shadefallen Keep in Gloamwood?

I've looked there a lot of times and come up with nothing since the Gloamwood spawns were switched.
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15

Does Silverwood's werewolf still spawn on the top of the southeasternmost tower of the Shadefallen Keep in Gloamwood?
    Oh, no, that was fixed a long, LONG time ago. Basically, there were just some adds included with one of the GW rare werewolves, and for some reason it got set up using the SW rare werewolf as the adds.

The SW werewolf only shows up in SW as it should.

As an aside, for ages now in Dendrome, an architect overseer rare was never actually spawning, the drone rare spawning instead. Because of scripting, killing the drone where where the overseer was supposed to spawn would give you credit for both rares. This has just been fixed and will show up in next week's hotfix. At that time, each rare will need to be hunted on their own - no more two for ones. ;)
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast