+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Attractor Minion Level

Telaran

Default Attractor Minion Level

I read somewhere that attractor minions put more potential attractable missions in the mission decks the higher their level is. I believe it was stated very early on in some Trion announcement about attractor minions. Does anyone know anything else? Will I have better luck with jineth if he is level 25?

Thanks in advance.

I believe that level dosn't affect probability. Each deck probably has over 70 cards in it, (cards used/skipped goin on a 30m cooldown). Regardless of attractor's level, only 1 card is added to each relevant deck when attractor is workin.

Hope this helps, even though it really dosn't
    Zenahk@Laethys

Champion of Telara

The Short Adventure deck has 72 adventures (6 elements x 6 attributes x 2 durations) plus any special adventures. I don't know the algorithm for it selecting an adventure, but it doesn't wait for all adventures to be completed and then reshuffles them. You can go an entire day without seeing a specific one.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4
    Rift Team

All adventures not on cooldown are in 'the deck'. An adventure goes on cooldown when it is shuffled or completed (whether or not you are online at the time). Cooldowns vary by adventure duration. If you run out of adventures in a deck all cooldowns are cleared and selection happens again. Generally speaking any given adventure is equally likely to appear as any other adventure, though internally we can make it so that some adventures appear more frequently, usually this is done with special time-limited adventures.

Jineth only attracts 1 adventure
    Herim attracts up to 2 adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Dark Mits View Post
    The Short Adventure deck has 72 adventures (6 elements x 6 attributes x 2 durations) plus any special adventures. I don't know the algorithm for it selecting an adventure, but it doesn't wait for all adventures to be completed and then reshuffles them. You can go an entire day without seeing a specific one.
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 03-23-2015 at 08:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    All adventures not on cooldown are in 'the deck'. An adventure goes on cooldown when it is shuffled or completed (whether or not you are online at the time). Cooldowns vary by adventure duration. If you run out of adventures in a deck all cooldowns are cleared and selection happens again. Generally speaking any given adventure is equally likely to appear as any other adventure, though internally we can make it so that some adventures appear more frequently, usually this is done with special time-limited adventures.

How many adventure 'cards' total are there in a typical deck? nothing on cooldown, no events or attractors
    Last edited by Zelurk; 03-23-2015 at 08:37 AM.
    Zenahk@Laethys

Telaran

Thanks very much for the replies, and a special thanks to Snedhepl. Now I know that I don't need to go out of my way to level Jineth, but Herim will get levelled as fast as I can when I finally get him. Thanks again!

Telaran

Up to 2 adventures?

What exactly does that mean?

Conventional meaning would indicate it could be zero, one, or two?

I'm just curious because I've done some testing with both Jineth and Herim out and seems to work on the 1m deck, 5/15 min deck, and 10hr deck most of the time but not always. On the other hand seems like they never attract on the 8hr deck could just be RIFT RNG violating me again. I have 147 minions and only 5 of them are not level 25 yet. I run a lot of mission at work and home and definitely seems like something is broke on the 8hr deck with Jineth and Hirem and maybe even the other decks. In fact, it seems like when I don't send them out i get more artifact on 8hrs. I suppose if Hirem can do ZERO then that would make more sense why they don't seem to work sometimes.

Attractor Minion Level-2015-03-26_233452.jpg

Attractor Minion Level-2015-03-26_233417.jpg

Also are you sure someone at Trion let Herim know he can do "up to" 2 because mine says 1.

Attractor Minion Level-2015-03-26_232045.jpg

Is it possible that if you send both Herim and Jineth at the same time they are maybe going out to a bar and getting a few drinks together instead of attracting artifacts?
    Last edited by Winkell; 03-27-2015 at 05:11 AM.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

The tooltip you pointed out is a UI bug which will be fixed in the next hotfix.. Herim at levels 1-9 attracts 1 adventure, and at level 10-25 attracts 2 adventures. Herim and Jineth can work as a team and attract 3 adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by Winkell View Post
    Up to 2 adventures?

What exactly does that mean?

Conventional meaning would indicate it could be zero, one, or two?

I'm just curious because I've done some testing with both Jineth and Herim out and seems to work on the 1m deck, 5/15 min deck, and 10hr deck most of the time but not always. On the other hand seems like they never attract on the 8hr deck could just be RIFT RNG violating me again. I have 147 minions and only 5 of them are not level 25 yet. I run a lot of mission at work and home and definitely seems like something is broke on the 8hr deck with Jineth and Hirem and maybe even the other decks. In fact, it seems like when I don't send them out i get more artifact on 8hrs. I suppose if Hirem can do ZERO then that would make more sense why they don't seem to work sometimes.

Attachment 22893

Attachment 22892

Also are you sure someone at Trion let Herim know he can do "up to" 2 because mine says 1.

Attachment 22891

Is it possible that if you send both Herim and Jineth at the same time they are maybe going out to a bar and getting a few drinks together instead of attracting artifacts?
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 03-27-2015 at 09:36 AM.

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

Also in reference to the discrepancies you pointed out in the achievements: I strongly suspect (but have not yet investigated, so take this as more of a guess) that the achievement merely stops counting at 140 which is why you don't see 147/140.

Telaran

The tooltip you pointed out is a UI bug which will be fixed in the next hotfix.. Herim at levels 1-9 attracts 1 adventure, and at level 10-25 attracts 2 adventures. Herim and Jineth can work as a team and attract 3 adventures.
    Ok thanks for the info. Maybe I am just getting unlucky with RNG. Oh the 140/140 thing wasn't a complaint was just showing I have done a lot of minion stuff to give my anecdotal evidence more credence. I think 140 is max points for them the 147 was my number of minions.

+ Reply to Thread