+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NOTICE: Instant Adventure Achievements

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Default NOTICE: Instant Adventure Achievements

3/31/2015 UPDATE (from this post):

I sat down today to tinker with the achievements and discovered a happy chance event. Most of our achievements work via "triggers" that track when an event with certain parameters occurs - say an event like "quest is tagged as IA _AND_ is tagged as being in Freemarch". As luck would have it, there has been a simple "quest is tagged as IA" trigger in place for a long, long time, just quietly keeping track of total number of adventures in the background.

What does this mean? It means I can retire (legacy) the old zone-based 100 and 500 adventure achievements and replace it with a global number of achievements done achievement and past done progress will not be lost.

I am adding an Instant Adventure sub-category under Character to track IA achievements. Total points should be very close to what existed before (still in flux because I am working on it right now, but we are talking in +/- 10 points kind of thing).

I am still handing out surname titles for those that held the old achievements.

To that end, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear suggestions for surnames for the following zones: Pelladane, Morban, Cape Jule, City Core, Eastern Holdings, Ardent Domain, Kingsward, Ashora, and Dendrome.

Thanks!

------------------------------------------------------------

Wanted to give a heads up on this with plenty of notice:

In 3.2, the current Instant Adventure achievements are going to be retired to Legacy status. This means that those that have acquired these achievements will still have them, but their point value will be zeroed out.

To reward those that have completed the achievements for 500 Adventures in a zone OR to kill all the IA bosses, I will be adding a title for each zone. These titles will be a bit different in style than most of our titles, representing adopted surnames for the zone.

So, for example, if I were to have the 500 Gloamwood or Stonefield adventures completed when 3.2 went Live, I could then be known as "Tacitus Gloam" or "Tacitus Stone".

I know some may be sad to see these achievements retired, but I am hoping these more unusual titles may appeal as a reasonable compensation. And I wanted to give a lot of notice, since I imagine others that have not yet done these achievements might want to do so soon so that they may also be known as Gloam or Stone or Sand.

(I will move this post to the Adventures in Telara section after a few days.)
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 03-31-2015 at 02:34 PM.

Since you mentioned "OR", I'm guessing we'll get the same title whether we do the 500-kill or the all-IA-bosses?

Also, is the "Big Plane Hunting" achievement under Zones -> RIFT -> Ember Isle the all-IA-bosses achievement for Ember Isle?

Also, will these titles be account/region-wide or just per-character? I ask because some IA achievements like the early zones are faction-specific.

Thanks for the heads up Tacitus! Looks like I've got a few IAs to complete :P
    Last edited by Jonus; 03-17-2015 at 03:45 PM.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Since you mentioned "OR", I'm guessing we'll get the same title whether we do the 500-kill or the all-IA-bosses?
    Correct. Though most people with the all bosses achievement in a zone probably have the 500 one too. :P

Also, is the "Big Plane Hunting" achievement under Zones -> RIFT -> Ember Isle the all-IA-bosses achievement for Ember Isle?
    Yes.

Also, will these titles be account/region-wide or just per-character? I ask because some IA achievements like the early zones are faction-specific.
    Sadly, they will be character specific like most achievements.

Thanks for the heads up Tacitus! Looks like I've got a few IAs to complete :P
    Yeah, which is why I wanted to give some lead time notice. I am primarily adding the titles to reward those that had already done the hard work, but I realized that others might really want those titles.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Oh! I also pretty much know which names I am going with for classic zones and for Goboro, but I am open to suggestions for the Storm Legion zone titles.

Wow this is very depressing for me to see. First Whitefall, then PvP rift, then soon to be old HK Raid achieves, now this? Is there any other achieves you guys are going to retire so I know not to waste countless hours on them? Why is this change even being made? A lot of people have already obtained these, you realize this is a big slap in the face for all those players right?

Why is anytime being wasted changing these achievements anyways? Why is time and resources being wasted on this at all? There are other achievements out there that need to be looked at and change or readjusted.

Like lets see, How about [Plat Money Chaos]?????? That achievement has been around since the start of Rift? and how many people have it?? as far as I know, its NO ONE.

How about [Seldom Seen, in the Stream]???? Doing the math on that, it takes over 5,000 closed rifts to complete. That is way more ridiculous than 500 IAS, are you going to change this one to something more acceptable??? like 50??

What numbers were you looking at to decide making [Extreme Harvester] 1,000,000?? Because if you were looking at what players have accomplished to decided that, NEWS FLASH, THEY ARE ALL BOTS and no real player will actually ever get that without botting because it comes out to needing to harvest for weeks and weeks nonstop.

also Proteus has been broken since NT was released and no one can get the achievement for him or any achieves attached to him, so when is that being fixed? are you guys even aware hes broken?

So there are plenty other achievements that need to be fixed and are not, meanwhile your retiring a perfectly challenging DOABLE line of achievements that many many people already have.

and no, the titles aren't enough, sorry but those don't even sound attractive to use. If you want to add titles then add them and don't remove the points. All this does is make players who have already completed all of these want to quit. because whats the point if you keep removing points from the game when thats what achievement hunters want mostly.

I'm already at the end of my rope with what i've seen in this game change the past few months and these achieves being retired may be what makes me retire Rift altogether. I just don't see a point anymore if doable achievements are going to be removed and near undoable achievements are going to be allowed to stay in the game.

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6

Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    So there are plenty other achievements that need to be fixed and are not, meanwhile your retiring a perfectly challenging DOABLE line of achievements that many many people already have.
    The current IA achievements are being retired because as of 3.2, changes in the overall IA system will leave these achievements not pursuable in practical terms.

Instant Adventure as a whole is my focus in this, not achievements in general. The achievement changes are a side effect of these other changes in IA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The current IA achievements are being retired because as of 3.2, changes in the overall IA system will leave these achievements not pursuable in practical terms.

Instant Adventure as a whole is my focus in this, not achievements in general. The achievement changes are a side effect of these other changes in IA.
    and what exactly is being changed? are there going to be new achievements that are going to be introduced just to be retired again in the future? Should I even bother with this game anymore? Who do I talk to about the other achievements? Will talking to those people even do anything to fix other achievements?

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post

If you want to give those of us who have actually completed most of these 500 IA achievements something in recompense, then fix the nearly impossible achievements Solaura mentioned in her post (Plat Money Chaos, Extreme Harvester, Seldom Seen).

They might not be in your area of expertise, but I have faith in you and the Trion telephone systems.

why retire achievements at all just leave them alone
    Sarek@Seastone Live Long and Prosper

Rift Disciple

It's definitely too bad that this sort of change has to happen.

The idea of titles is a good recompensation, but unfortunately titles and achievement points aren't the same "category" of challenges to some people, and the time invested to do 500 IAs (or kill all the IA bosses) in a zone when your goal is simply achievement points is substantial.

The IA system is screwed up, for sure - I'm glad it's getting a redesign. But there's really no way to keep the achievement point reward for the time invested towards precisely that goal with the change you plan? There are very few people who have done 500 after all, and nearly all of them are after achievement points only, which is precisely what's being taken away.

I'm never a fan of removing or changing content long after release. People should know what they're getting into and not have it be shifting sands under them - I know that's not really Trion's style, and if any content needs improvement it's the IA system, but this sort of change is rough.

I would also request that you continue looking into ways to keep the old achievements and still improve the system. I'm sure this wasn't a sudden or abrupt change for you guys and thought has gone into it, but please consider if there's any way to accomplish your goal of fixing IAs without drastically changing the rewards that have already been gained.

and what exactly is being changed? are there going to be new achievements that are going to be introduced just to be retired again in the future? Should I even bother with this game anymore? Who do I talk to about the other achievements? Will talking to those people even do anything to fix other achievements?
    Whoa- overreaction much? Games change- ALL online games change. All games, all the time. To progress the game as a whole, regardless if that is apparent to the playerbase. Chill out, it's a game. You're supposed to have fun. You sound like a harried accountant in your posts.

I love the revamping of the IA stuff- it definitely needed it, and I for one can't wait to see the changes! And my new surname! ;)
    Last edited by Colibri; 03-17-2015 at 05:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Takatoraa View Post
    If you want to give those of us who have actually completed most of these 500 IA achievements something in recompense, then fix the nearly impossible achievements Solaura mentioned in her post (Plat Money Chaos, Extreme Harvester, Seldom Seen).

They might not be in your area of expertise, but I have faith in you and the Trion telephone systems.

I have faith in you and the Feedback ability in game. I don't know if you meant it this way, but I found your last sentence to be condescending and rude.

Quote Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
    Whoa- overreaction much? Games change- ALL online games change. All games, all the time. To progress the game as a whole, regardless if that is apparent to the playerbase. Chill out, it's a game. You're supposed to have fun. You sound like a harried accountant in your posts.

I love the revamping of the IA stuff- it definitely needed it, and I for one can't wait to see the changes! And my new surname! ;)

Its not an overreaction. I've done over 10,000 IAs with the purpose of JUST getting those achievement points and now they are getting rid of it? and they are getting rid of all the HK old raid achieves too. Its a slap in the face for achievement point hunters who spent many many hours and even months to complete. and now it all going to be gone. There is nothing wrong with how IA's work.

Quote Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
    I have faith in you and the Feedback ability in game. I don't know if you meant it this way, but I found your last sentence to be condescending and rude.
    I'm sorry if it came across that way, it must be a kneejerk reaction when being told 10,000 x 30+ seconds = 83+ hours of your hard work is being rendered obsolete.

Its not an overreaction. I've done over 10,000 IAs with the purpose of JUST getting those achievement points and now they are getting rid of it? and they are getting rid of all the HK old raid achieves too. Its a slap in the face for achievement point hunters who spent many many hours and even months to complete. and now it all going to be gone. There is nothing wrong with how IA's work.
    Nothing wrong? What about the constant AFKers and leechers, and those who go off and finish their quests, do a rift when nobody else is, and go forage/mine? There is plenty wrong about IAs right now. Not to mention the system was designed for huge groups doing the same objective; not tiny groups all over Telara suddenly dropping, so now you're stuck with yourself and one other person trying to kill 20 mobs without pulling your hair out in frustration.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast