+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NOTICE: Instant Adventure Achievements

Quote Originally Posted by Takatoraa View Post
    I'm sorry if it came across that way, it must be a kneejerk reaction when being told 10,000 x 30+ seconds = 83+ hours of your hard work is being rendered obsolete.
    Its even worse than 83 hours, because some IAs take 1-3 minutes, especially some SL zone and DEFINITELY Goboro Reef, Id say its over 100+ Hours allllllllllllllllll gone!

I'm much more annoyed with the supposed (we'll see) removal of Hammerknell achievements. Just.... really annoyed. "Playing other MMO games in meantime" annoyed.

But this is irksome too.

Quote Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
    Nothing wrong? What about the constant AFKers and leechers, and those who go off and finish their quests, do a rift when nobody else is, and go forage/mine? There is plenty wrong about IAs right now. Not to mention the system was designed for huge groups doing the same objective; not tiny groups all over Telara suddenly dropping, so now you're stuck with yourself and one other person trying to kill 20 mobs without pulling your hair out in frustration.
    Well there was a solution to that which was vote kicking but as always people abused it and they removed it, BUT theres a perfect solution to all of this and thats making your own private IA group but Trion forces everyone to be done in groups so I guess Ill have to settle manipulating the PvP flag to get my own group since its faster to solo IAs than to carry casual players. Thank god for PvP flagging.

Ascendant

Woah guys. Geez. people are just flipping out about this. The rudeness is not helpful to the community nor to the devs.

The IA achieves are going away because due to the changes to IA its going to be very difficult to do them. That change is understandable.

What I am not fine with is making it so IA's are now completely random. This is sorta like the change from faction pvp to red vs blue. I get why that had to happen. But at the same time its problematic that you can no longer choose where you want to do IA's. So when the HK IA comes out we will have to hope that we get lucky enough for it to be the one in the random queu? What about IA dailies for various seasonal and promo events? How would those be reasonably done now?

I'm just not sure there is compelling enough of a reason to change IA's to full on random only at the expense of freedom to do a specific zone if you feel like it, and the other side effects caused by that such as loss of achievements, and mucking up some of the existing dailies for seasonal events and such.

Not for nothing but how are we supposed to test the HK IA's on PTS if you we can't specifically queue for it?

I just forsee alot of potential headaches with this with the only real advantage being that IA's will be full groups now more often than not.

We have a big ole thread on the wardrobe changes, it might be time to have that same discussion about IA's cause I'm still not completely sure exactly what all is changing and why.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 03-17-2015 at 06:35 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

If there are going to be new acheivements for these *random Ias* then please please make it so all that we have now is added to that, Like if your going to release a do 10,000 Ias achievement then make it so all IAs already done are added to that.

Tacitus, is there any chance this can be revisited in the *think tank* room and NOT changed? I know several people who have spent 100s and 100s of hours working on these to be at the top of the achievement pole, and it really is a big let down to remove them to Legacy!

I don't quite understand why they need to be retired even if the system is being altered. Allow them to stand and those who obtained them, keep the points.. The points are what is important to every single person who ever did 500 IAs. Not the title. Not at all.

I remember how let down I personally was with the Whitefall Achieves I had worked so hard to get, and now this.. It is imo a pretty detrimental move and I can only hope you guys can possibly reconsider? Maybe? What would it take and how many souls to scream out hehe.

Will you at some point retire all the fishing and harvesting and crafting achievements as well that people have spent tons of plat on to gain those achieves?

I remember CQ was retired and then people complained and it was brought back.. Can we complain hard enough to disallow this as well?

Thanks for the ears!
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Colibri View Post
    Nothing wrong? What about the constant AFKers and leechers, and those who go off and finish their quests, do a rift when nobody else is, and go forage/mine? There is plenty wrong about IAs right now. Not to mention the system was designed for huge groups doing the same objective; not tiny groups all over Telara suddenly dropping, so now you're stuck with yourself and one other person trying to kill 20 mobs without pulling your hair out in frustration.
    and how pray tell is this any different than people sitting afk in Warfronts?
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raider for life!"

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    The current IA achievements are being retired because as of 3.2, changes in the overall IA system will leave these achievements not pursuable in practical terms.

Instant Adventure as a whole is my focus in this, not achievements in general. The achievement changes are a side effect of these other changes in IA.
    Woop! new titles are cool just a quick question, will i have to have the achievement to get the title already, or is there a new title achievement replacing the old achievement? I'm only asking cause im new and if i can get more titles then thats awesome!!

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #24
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    So when the HK IA comes out we will have to hope that we get lucky enough for it to be the one in the random queu? What about IA dailies for various seasonal and promo events? How would those be reasonably done now?
    There will be two queues - Random and Featured. Featured will change to feature different IA events. For the launch of HK, HK will be the featured content. For seasonal or promo stuff, we will do the same.

The reason is that where IA has always worked best is as large groups - 15-20 people. The changes to the revised IA system will allow it to maintain large group sizes. Where IA started to break down, quite some time ago, was in the addition of so many zones of content - it fragmented the player pool doing adventures so that small groups became the norm. Every zone of content added further fragmented that pool, and as a result further eroded the experience.

There will be two queues - Random and Featured. Featured will change to feature different IA events. For the launch of HK, HK will be the featured content. For seasonal or promo stuff, we will do the same.

The reason is that where IA has always worked best is as large groups - 15-20 people. The changes to the revised IA system will allow it to maintain large group sizes. Where IA started to break down, quite some time ago, was in the addition of so many zones of content - it fragmented the player pool doing adventures so that small groups became the norm. Every zone of content added further fragmented that pool, and as a result further eroded the experience.
    Now that this won't be an issue, can we expect IA to be added to Scarlet Gorge/Iron Pine Peak/Droughtlands/Moonshade Highlands/Draumheim/Tarken Glacier/Tyrant's Forge/Yes I Just Listed Them All Out?
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #26

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post
    Now that this won't be an issue, can we expect IA to be added to Scarlet Gorge/Iron Pine Peak/Droughtlands/Moonshade Highlands/Draumheim/Tarken Glacier/Tyrant's Forge/Yes I Just Listed Them All Out?
    Oh, but you did not list them all - what about places like Infernal Dawn?

Yes, IA will come to more places. I cannot say which zones at this time, but yes some are already scheduled.

Are you also going to address PvP flag issues? As this poses a problem to maintaining group size also. For example, the other day i was doing IA weekly on my Defiant Alt and tried to invite my wifes toon into the group. I kept getting PvP flag requirement errors, and neither of us were flagged. I got to looking and sure enough the IA group I was in was all Defiant with and out of the 12 there was 1 person flagged PvP.

Curious I logged in my Guardian main and queued into IA. Sure enough there was an all Guardian IA with about 10 ppl in it none of whom were flagged. This 1 PvP flagged defiant had successfully locked Guardians out of 1 group.

It seems to me that since you obviously have the tech to Force turn on PvP for WF's, there should also be a way to Force Disable PvP for PvE activities such as IA and Dungeon LFG.

Rift Master

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    If there are going to be new acheivements for these *random Ias* then please please make it so all that we have now is added to that, Like if your going to release a do 10,000 Ias achievement then make it so all IAs already done are added to that.
    That is not achievements work. Good job on doing 10,000 IA's. They will be in your achievement list forever. Just because they don't have point assigned to them any more, means your dedication is lessened.
    Last edited by AlissaAk; 03-17-2015 at 07:47 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

Ascendant

Oh, but you did not list them all - what about places like Infernal Dawn?

Yes, IA will come to more places. I cannot say which zones at this time, but yes some are already scheduled.
    Ah see I didn't know about the featured thing. That makes alot more sense now.

I still mourn the loss of those old acheivements for the people who spent silly amounts of time getthing them. My pvp rift achievements feel their pain.

I think maybe having the featured IA be a seperate queue from Event related IA's would be even better. Simply because what happens if you guys put out the ID Instant Adventures (please!) the same time frame as Summerfest or something which has a daily IA track. So my personal suggestion would be to have a third "flex" line for seasonal or promo related IA's so as to allow people to do the most recently added IA's if they want to do those specifically. You could also add in a daily for the featured IA.

Also does this pave the way for IA's that are more challenging in the future? From the livestream it sounded like all 11 bosses are in the HK IA's. How in the world do you make Sicaron puggable? I'm interested to find out! Will these new raid zone IA's give better loot than traditional IA's? There was a big long thread about LFG for raid or Flex raiding, and I think the new IA system could provide some sort of option to test the waters for something like that. Can people pug harder raid type content it properly incentivized and taught to do so? I think they can.

Lastly, any chance these will hit PTS this week? Sounds like a big system that requires alot of testing. I'm anxious to get in there, I spent alot of time testing the original IA's.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 03-17-2015 at 08:18 PM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #30

Quote Originally Posted by Khelendross View Post
    I think maybe having the featured IA be a seperate queue from Event related IA's would be even better. Simply because what happens if you guys put out the ID Instant Adventures (please!) the same time frame as Summerfest or something which has a daily IA track. So my personal suggestion would be to have a third "flex" line for seasonal or promo related IA's so as to allow people to do the most recently added IA's if they want to do those specifically. You could also add in a daily for the featured IA.
    I can, in fact do this, if at some point it seems like the right thing to do. Under the hood, the functionality Engineering gave me for the new queue types is flexible. I will certainly keep it in mind.

Lastly, any chance these will hit PTS this week? Sounds like a big system that requires alot of testing. I'm anxious to get in there, I spent alot of time testing the original IA's.
    I was trying to get it on for this week, but at this point beginning of next week seems more likely. The first release onto PTS will not be complete though - the basic kill adventures will be in, a few of the non-kill ones, and a few of the bosses. The first testing will be mostly to make sure the basic set up works (since we have never released such a structured IA set up before, plus there is some large-ish new tech to support the IA inside an instance, plus a host of new afk functionality.

So yes, I want to get it on PTS as soon as I can.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast