+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast
Like Tree88Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: NOTICE: Instant Adventure Achievements

Please come up with your own numbers for the achievements. No one liked doing 500 per zone or about 10k total instant adventures to complete them all. Don't cater to the people who are asking for you to make this a terrible non-fun grind just because they put themselves through that experience. Think about the whole of the community because if it is another unreasonable number all it will do it prevent people from engaging in IAs past the bare minimum, again... Seriously cut it in half.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 03-31-2015 at 11:05 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

very very pleased to hear that this is being done!
    wonder what number you will choose to up to?

also, does it count just up to the 500 cheevo and then stop? or does it count IA we did past the 500 cheevo? i did around 1200 IA in scarwood in order to get the boss cheevo, and more again in some other zones, would it have counted all of those, or just the ones we needed for the 500 cheevo?

again, THANK YOU!

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    UPDATE:

I sat down today to tinker with the achievements and discovered a happy chance event. Most of our achievements work via "triggers" that track when an event with certain parameters occurs - say an event like "quest is tagged as IA _AND_ is tagged as being in Freemarch". As luck would have it, there has been a simple "quest is tagged as IA" trigger in place for a long, long time, just quietly keeping track of total number of adventures in the background.

What does this mean? It means I can retire (legacy) the old zone-based 100 and 500 adventure achievements and replace it with a global number of achievements done achievement and past done progress will not be lost.

I am adding an Instant Adventure sub-category under Character to track IA achievements. Total points should be very close to what existed before (still in flux because I am working on it right now, but we are talking in +/- 10 points kind of thing).
    HURRAY!!!!!!!! Can you let us know when this is on PTS? Id like to go check it out and see the changes :3

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #139
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Solaura View Post
    Can you let us know when this is on PTS? Id like to go check it out and see the changes :3
    It should be in the next PTS update, probably this afternoon.

It should be in the next PTS update, probably this afternoon.
    Sweet ty

Soulwalker

Sweet ty
    I've been lurking for a few weeks, and am glad to see you write a pleasant post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shpeck View Post
    I've been lurking for a few weeks, and am glad to see you write a pleasant post.
    Its hard watching a game you've played for 3 1/2 years go in the wrong direction. Can't just sit back and do nothing.

Rift Master

UPDATE:
    I am still handing out surname titles for those that held the old achievements.

To that end, I would LOVE, LOVE, LOVE to hear suggestions for surnames for the following zones: Pelladane, Morban, Cape Jule, City Core, Eastern Holdings, Ardent Domain, Kingsward, Ashora, and Dendrome.

Thanks!
    Titles? Did you mention exclusive titles? Now you have me doing these with abandon to finish 500 in every zone before 3.2 How about:

Pelladanish
    Maven of Morban
    Jewel of the Cape
    Hardcore Carouser
    Eastern Hauteur
    The Domaininator
    Prince(ss) of the Ward
    Ashoran Acme
    Dendromic Devourer
    Seon Ronpeth @ Leviathan
    <Perfect Balance>
    70WHM 70AST 70SCH 70SMN 70DRK 70BLM 70 RDM70 NIN70 DRG Disciple of Hand & Land

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #144

Quote Originally Posted by Seonronpeth View Post
    Titles? Did you mention exclusive titles? Now you have me doing these with abandon to finish 500 in every zone before 3.2 How about:
    These titles are more in keeping with the idea of it being a regional surname - like Jon Snow in GoT. No, there will not be a Snow surname. But here are the ones already setup:

GW - Gloam, SF - Stone, FM - Free, SW - Silver, SR - Scar, SS - Sand, SM - Caer, EI - Ember

SER - Bone, MOR - Shaper, SI - Storm, CC - Citizen, DE - Fae

GR - Reef

Leading contender for Pelladane right now is Shepherd. The few remaining are still in flux.

*edit* to add - strictly speaking, getting these titles after 3.2 is still *possible*, but... not in any practical sense, only pedantically speaking. If you want them, I would try and get them now.

*edit2* to add - NONE of these names are 100% set in stone yet, so don't yell at me if they change over the next few weeks. Except for Gloam and Stone. No one is touching those unless they run me over with a bus first. >.>
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 04-01-2015 at 12:54 PM. Reason: updated name list

If anyone is looking for me, I will be in Stillmoor grinding these out. I have ONE character who strongly identifies with a zone, and come hell or high water, she is getting Caer.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

Ascendant

Its not an overreaction. I've done over 10,000 IAs with the purpose of JUST getting those achievement points and now they are getting rid of it? and they are getting rid of all the HK old raid achieves too. Its a slap in the face for achievement point hunters who spent many many hours and even months to complete. and now it all going to be gone. There is nothing wrong with how IA's work.
    So, is it the sense of satisfaction of completing the achievement itself that you enjoy, or simply the e-peen value of a meaningless point total?

The former is fine and your sense of 'achievement' isn't affected by the clearing of points ... that latter is ... a non-issue.

Leading contender for Pelladane right now is Shepherd.
    We already have a "the shepherd" from the -Playing Sheep Dog- achievement/quest. How about basically the same thing but word it "Sheep Herder" (then let me know cause ill need to run some IAs :P )
    thelarry@greybriar

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #148

PTS is unlocked with my achievement changes for IA. For the achievement folks, please copy characters over and let me know if anything is amiss.

My mistake - PTS has not yet been updated. It looks like next PTS update will not be until tomorrow.

Quote Originally Posted by thelarry View Post
    We already have a "the shepherd" from the -Playing Sheep Dog- achievement/quest. How about basically the same thing but word it "Sheep Herder" (then let me know cause ill need to run some IAs :P )
    Ah, nice catch. I had not searched yet, since I had not settled on it enough to try a search for dupes. Captain Cursor was suggesting "Sun" for Pelladane, so might go with that instead then.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 04-01-2015 at 05:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    So, is it the sense of satisfaction of completing the achievement itself that you enjoy, or simply the e-peen value of a meaningless point total?

The former is fine and your sense of 'achievement' isn't affected by the clearing of points ... that latter is ... a non-issue.
    Both, and I already explained it many time throughout the thread on why achievement hunters only care about points. Its nothing different than having gear to show you killed raid bosses or Pvp gear to show you PvP alot (well before they removed it at least).

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #150

Ok, all the revised IA achievements are up on the PTS now. As near as I can tell, everything seems to be working, but I would love for all the major achievement chasers to copy over to PTS and let me know if anything seems amiss.

The actual HK adventures are still not available and will not be until next week at this point, sadly. As soon as they ARE available, I will be hosting runs through HK IA on the PTS.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 LastLast