+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New chained minion adventures.

General of Telara

Its taking forever for me to find the new chains. But here is the next one!
    New chained minion adventures.-333.jpg

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17
    Rift Team

He adds artifact missions. He actually should be Artifact/Earth to prevent precisely this kind of confusion but it seems that change never went up to live. I'll make sure that gets fixed.

And yes the adventures he attracts do not have a duration on them meaning that they can be done after the event is over.

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    Also earlier today I shard(maybe even world) first the mastery achievement for the Archaeologist Herim minion. I sent him on his first quest in the 5/15 min deck and the first card that appeared afterwards was a mission card with a magnet in the middle of it. It did not have any text on it saying it would expire after the promo date. I don't remember the quest name though. I don't think it had much importance though.

Snedhepl, I do not understand how the card is suppose to work though. Above is a screen I took that included the magnet tool-tip. The tool-tip and the minion flavor text don't seem to match. The flavor text claims that it enables new artifact missions while the magnet tool-tip claims that it adds 1 additional hunting card per deck. Correct me if i'm wrong here but shouldn't that be taken as

Artifact mission=Artifact rewards
    Hunting mission=Hides/Fish etc. rewards?

So whats up with that card? Which is it suppose to be?

RIFT Fan Site Operator

I don't know whether to applaud you or tell you you're crazy knowing how much aventurine this cost you Turnface lol. I do know you'll have it all back in no time so yeah crazy awesome achievement mate!

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Turntablist View Post
    Also earlier today I shard(maybe even world) first the mastery achievement for the Archaeologist Herim minion. I sent him on his first quest in the 5/15 min deck and the first card that appeared afterwards was a mission card with a magnet in the middle of it. It did not have any text on it saying it would expire after the promo date. I don't remember the quest name though. I don't think it had much importance though.

Snedhepl, I do not understand how the card is suppose to work though. Above is a screen I took that included the magnet tool-tip. The tool-tip and the minion flavor text don't seem to match. The flavor text claims that it enables new artifact missions while the magnet tool-tip claims that it adds 1 additional hunting card per deck. Correct me if i'm wrong here but shouldn't that be taken as

Artifact mission=Artifact rewards
    Hunting mission=Hides/Fish etc. rewards?

So whats up with that card? Which is it suppose to be?
    Just how much aventurine/credits you burned to get that ach?
    I've been getting required adventures at a rate which put estimated time of completion at one month from now... And this will not be possible to complete in few days (until this promo returns)

Oh, ang Congrats on getting him.
    Last edited by Drunkendx; 02-23-2015 at 09:38 AM.

Shadowlander

I'm pretty sure now that this new promotion missions have HIDDEN cooldown. Thanks for not letting us know... Claimed the new 8hr mission, sent the attractor minion to a mission and turned like 30 cards (8k aventurine + 5 empty slots) didn't count them and still didn't get the new mission. Do NOT tell me that I had bad luck. This attractor attracts ************.

Edit: Ok I'm gonna write a ticket to a GM for reimbursement, this is clearly a bug or a rip off! I got same card twice and in between I didn't get the promotional mission!!!

Edit 2: Instead of making it clear and easy for the people you are just pissing them off, like me now. Is it really that hard to say at the tooltip that the card has 2 or 3 hours cooldown !??!??!?!?!
    Last edited by Isbulftw; 02-23-2015 at 10:38 AM.

General of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Isbulftw View Post
    I'm pretty sure now that this new promotion missions have HIDDEN cooldown. Thanks for not letting us know... Claimed the new 8hr mission, sent the attractor minion to a mission and turned like 30 cards (8k aventurine + 5 empty slots) didn't count them and still didn't get the new mission. Do NOT tell me that I had bad luck. This attractor attracts ************.
    I found it best to wait 3-4 hours after completing a 8h adventure to try and find it again-guessing the 10h is about the same. The 8h achieve is definitely the hardest one to do since you would need to do it twice on about 3 days to get the achieve in a week. I did the 8h mission 4 times yesterday to get the minion.
    Last edited by Accol; 02-23-2015 at 10:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    OK I'm going to put it out there. Anyone that gets me Pyrestorm will get........ wait for it.

10 plat. That's right folks. If that number is not to your liking PM me. Mickdayblind@wolfbane. I might even clean your car and take your wife off your hands, whatever it takes.
    By the way Mick, I got Pyrestorm card shortly after you sheeped me the other day.
    Cheesecakesandwich - Mage 70 | Wrecking - Warrior 70
    Italiansausage - Cleric 70 | Snaplemouton - Rogue 67
    Primalsandwich - Primalist 70
    I'm a grand connoisseur of the most delicate dish known as the poutine.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

From the wording, only ONE adventure card is added to each deck. Therefore if you already have a minion on that one mission it cannot pop again until claimed.

And it would be nice if the cooldown was removed, Snedhepl. We are paying for the missions anyway. An internal cd isn't necessary for these event adventure cards in my opinion not when there is a week time limit on the event anyway.
    Last edited by Golden; 02-23-2015 at 12:27 PM.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

I am going to base this off a player not playing the game for say....8 hour and freshly logging on in morning time after a good nights sleep. This is what I did to get the achievements and it seemed to work well. Note: I had well over 30,000 aventurine at the start of the event and it will take quite a bit to unlock the missions doing this method. You can however WAIT for the missions to be claimable then move on if you do not want to spend aventurine. *I also have 6 slots open so that helps also*

How to easily obtain 8hr Mission: Arclight Manufacturing Techniques promo card and 10hr Mission: Arclight Power Source promo card.

Once logging in open your minion window and send Jineth on a 1 minute adventure.
    Hovering your mouse over the 8hr/10hr deck. Click on Shuffle to re-arrange the cards. Majority of the time the 8hr/10hr promo card will appear. If it does not appear you will want to send a minion out on the new card. The promo event card should at least 1-3 cards deep in the deck. If the RNG gods are not looking at you then it will be more. In my experience for obtaining the 8hr/10hr missions it has usually ALWAYS been first card or at least 3~ cards deep.

I would always start with the 8hr deck first and when I did get the promo card I would hurry it and complete it using aventurine then move onto the 10hr deck.

Once you have claimed both the 8hr and 10hr promo cards simply wait at least 4~5+ hours and repeat the steps above to easily get them 3+ times a day. The 4~5+ hours is just a rough estimate on how long you should wait before you KNOW it will appear using the steps above. You can try sooner at like 2-3 hour mark if you want but remember that runs the risk of you simply doing the missions and wasting aventurine.

Rift Disciple

EDIT:
    Ok I was about to spoil stuff, but I would advise other people doing the chain to figure it out yourself... it's pretty fun! Definitely work on leveling your special minions though ;)
    Last edited by Avocados; 02-23-2015 at 01:52 PM.
    Avocados@Deepwood

I'm thinking each chained minion adventure card pertains to the levels of the 6 minions.

All levels past level 5=Chain mission
    All levels past level 10=Next mission in the chain
    All levels past level 15=Next mission in the chain
    All levels past level 20=Next mission in the chain
    All levels at level 25=Perhaps FINAL chain quest?

Currently my minion levels are

Quaq:18
    Pyrestorm:8
    Orlan:9
    Lil Reggie:17
    Ionraic:18
    C1-ON3:20

What I am about to say is also all purely speculation. Currently I have only been up to the "Case the Drowned Halls" adventure card.

First chained minion card
    "Your Team is Assembled! Plan a Party"=ALL 6 minions are collected on your character

Next chained minion card
    "Search for the Drowned Halls Sliver"=ALL6 minions are over level ??. Or perhaps it is also unlocked for just having all 6 and completing the first chain card?

Next chained minion card
    "Case the Drowned Halls"=ALL 6 minions are at least over level 10 or ??.

Next chained minion card
    "Heist Team Manugo Party=ALL 6 minions are at least over level ??.

Next chained minion card
    "Pyrestorm Detonates Outer Door"=ALL 6 minions are at least over level ??.

When you do not meet the requirements to unlock the next mission is when the adventure cards tell you what to do next perhaps?

Example so far we have pictures of 3 adventure cards requiring specific minions that are unchained cards. Perhaps when the minion does not meet a specific level is when the adventure card will appear until that said minion(s) catch up to the others. I have a feeling the formula for acquiring the chain missions goes something like that. Big thanks to everyone chipping in and getting this solved!! Think it will lead to a 7th secret card?
    Last edited by Turntablist; 02-23-2015 at 01:50 PM.

General of Telara

New chained minion adventures.-333.jpg

After these quests I got an unchained mission for Quaq. So it looks like my minions are too low.

Orlan-13
    Pyrestorm-13
    Lil Reggie-19
    Quaq-19
    Ionraic-19
    C1-ON3-25

General of Telara

Just figured out its not minion level I need atm. My Pyrestorm needs 4 more stamina before I can confirm and move the chain along.

General of Telara

After "Ionraic Goes for the Big Safe" I got 3 sets of adventures. Below is the first set.

New chained minion adventures.-666.jpg

The chain still doesn't seem to be done after 3 sets like this.

General of Telara

New chained minion adventures.-999.jpg

I overall the chain was pretty fun. Thanks!

It would have been perfect if the hints for finding the 6 minions involved with the chain had been better. Pyrestorm and C1-0N3 kinda made sense.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast