+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New chained minion adventures.

Quote Originally Posted by SmidgesToe View Post
    I have seen it once, a few weeks ago...said something like 'this is the beginning of a chain quest' - sent a minion on it, after I turned it in there was no subsequent chain cards, and I have not seen one since.
    My experience also, and considering, I'm just as glad. Of course, I don't like anything but 8 and 10 hour adventures anyway....
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

I would just like to add...I met with someone in-game and helped him out somewhat with giving the minion mission ID#s thanks to his slash command and he was able to write some different lines of code for the minion add-on to specifically send the minions on their correct mission. So that means the add-on is not impaired anymore by the specific missions. I do not know if the most recent updated version of the add-on does this or not though because I have not bothered to update ever since receiving the updated log for the add-on. So with some know-how it is possible to fix the solution yourself by altering the add-on's code

Telaran

I've been trying to think of solutions that may be within snedhepl's realm of control to implement and don't require significant new tech like minion interface ui features or npc interactions to turn the repeatability of the chain on or off. One idea came to mind.

Make the chained missions able to be completed by any minion, but the chain only progresses if completed by the specific minion. This fact can be described on the mission card text. If the mission is completed by a minion other than the specified minion then the chained mission will be put on cool down. After it is off cool down it can then reappear and the player can complete the mission with the specified minion or not, so on and so forth.

If that doesn't work for some reason then it could be set to reset to the very beginning of the chain instead of staying at that stage in the chain if a chained mission is completed by a minion other than the specified minion.

Telaran

Default Yep

Quote Originally Posted by Kendun View Post

Snedhepl, you've chosen to interact with the customers. Further, you've heard their concerns and responded. Sometimes you've explained that things are working as intended, other times you have decided to tweak something. Thank you..
    I agree. Thanks, Snedhepl

Telaran

Default Yet another suggestion

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Weeks ago I changed the behavior of the chains to not automatically update upon completion of the adventure, only upon claiming. This would allow someone with low stamina on a chain-required minion to not advance their chain for a while and prevent deck blockage.

Around this same time I introduced this most of the complaints died down. It's possible it's still bothering you all of course, but it's also possible this alleviated the worst of it.
    So how 'bout doing it this way:

1. Make the original adventure chain NOT repeatable.

2. Duplicate the chain using as pre-requisite that you have Tasuil in your deck, PLUS whatever the pre-req currently is to repeat it, and the new/duplicate chain continues to be repeatable.

3. In the duplicated chain, reduce the stamina cost for the chained quests to 1 in the duplicate/repeatable chain. That way, if someone hits one of the chained quests and the minion needed is out of stamina, they won't have to wait very long to get the 1 stamina back they need to continue the chain.

4. Make a really awesome reward for completing the duplicated/repeatable quest chain, because we like stuff. Maybe get with the artifact bubbas and have them create an artifact set where you can only get the artifacts from completing that chain, and have a nice reward for completing that artifact set (Minion Card: Son of Tasuil; or maybe a Tasuil statue for Dimensions. Or both).

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #156
    Rift Team

Thanks for the feedback! I'll address the two main parts of your thoughts.

3. I'm not reducing Stamina costs because this would open up the possibility for systematic abuse: e.g. You get to the part where you require pairs of Minions doing things together. However instead of doing that you just run them individually using the now cheap cost. In theory I could do it for the one adventure for each minion that can't be repeated like that but I'm not a fan of half measures. If I were to reduce Stamina costs for those adventures I'd also have to reduce the rewards as well to giving out only minion xp.

4. On increasing rewards: Minion rewards on the whole are relatively generous and I suspect there'd be push back on simply just increasing the rewards. Incidentally there's already bonuses on the -entire- chain to the roll that determines your star rating. You all see it as 'difficulty'. It's a bad name for the tooltip I admit, but that'll get updated in the next hotfix when it will read 'Bonus to Roll'.

Quote Originally Posted by Noseeum View Post
    So how 'bout doing it this way:

1. Make the original adventure chain NOT repeatable.

2. Duplicate the chain using as pre-requisite that you have Tasuil in your deck, PLUS whatever the pre-req currently is to repeat it, and the new/duplicate chain continues to be repeatable.

3. In the duplicated chain, reduce the stamina cost for the chained quests to 1 in the duplicate/repeatable chain. That way, if someone hits one of the chained quests and the minion needed is out of stamina, they won't have to wait very long to get the 1 stamina back they need to continue the chain.

4. Make a really awesome reward for completing the duplicated/repeatable quest chain, because we like stuff. Maybe get with the artifact bubbas and have them create an artifact set where you can only get the artifacts from completing that chain, and have a nice reward for completing that artifact set (Minion Card: Son of Tasuil; or maybe a Tasuil statue for Dimensions. Or both).
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 05-14-2015 at 02:24 PM.

Telaran

3. I'm not reducing Stamina costs because this would open up the possibility for systematic abuse: e.g. You get to the part where you require pairs of Minions doing things together. However instead of doing that you just run them individually using the now cheap cost. In theory I could do it for the one adventure for each minion that can't be repeated like that but I'm not a fan of half measures. If I were to reduce Stamina costs for those adventures I'd also have to reduce the rewards as well to giving out only minion xp.

4. On increasing rewards: Minion rewards on the whole are relatively generous and I suspect there'd be push back on simply just increasing the rewards. Incidentally there's already bonuses on the -entire- chain to the roll that determines your star rating. You all see it as 'difficulty'. It's a bad name for the tooltip I admit, but that'll get updated in the next hotfix when it will read 'Bonus to Roll'.
    Based on the comments of those who are upset with the stamina problem putting them on hold, I think the compromise of just reducing the cost for the minion specific adventures at the cost of reducing the reward for those adventures would probably be welcomed. I've not hit the stamina road-block so I'm personally ambivalent but others clearly are not.

As for rewards, my suggestion gives an incentive for doing the chain that would offer a reward unique to doing the chain, not necessarily an increased reward. If the chain granted one artifact from a unique set each time the chain was completed, that's still a pretty epic path to complete the unique set by running the chain multiple times. Difficulty can be appropriately set for the artifact set reward by increasing the number of artifacts required to complete it, to appease any Dev who sees this as excessively generous.

Based on the complainants in this thread, they really want you to do SOMETHING. I think this solution reduces the pain that's got folks energized and offers an incentive to suffer the pain that remains.

Unless you can implement something close to this solution or come up with another, I think you may have to sacrifice the repeatable chain altogether - something I personally would be against.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #158
    Rift Team

You bring up some good points. I'd like to hear others feedback on the following thoughts:

1. Would you as a player be fine with having the one adventure that requires just one of the chain minions be set to a lower stamina cost and have xp only rewards. That would mean that the total Stamina required to go through the chain once for the 6 chain minions would be 6 instead of 10.

2. Would you like an artifact set to be rewarded from the end of the repeated version of the adventure chain rewarded on 6 star adventure attempts? Would it matter to you that it will get stale once you complete that set? (Which then means you're repeating it for essentially no additional reward)

Feedback for the ideas individually is what I'm after, don't simply assume I'm going to do both (or even either, at this point I'm merely exploring the ideas).

Quote Originally Posted by Noseeum View Post
    Based on the comments of those who are upset with the stamina problem putting them on hold, I think the compromise of just reducing the cost for the minion specific adventures at the cost of reducing the reward for those adventures would probably be welcomed. I've not hit the stamina road-block so I'm personally ambivalent but others clearly are not.

As for rewards, my suggestion gives an incentive for doing the chain that would offer a reward unique to doing the chain, not necessarily an increased reward. If the chain granted one artifact from a unique set each time the chain was completed, that's still a pretty epic path to complete the unique set by running the chain multiple times. Difficulty can be appropriately set for the artifact set reward by increasing the number of artifacts required to complete it, to appease any Dev who sees this as excessively generous.

Based on the complainants in this thread, they really want you to do SOMETHING. I think this solution reduces the pain that's got folks energized and offers an incentive to suffer the pain that remains.

Unless you can implement something close to this solution or come up with another, I think you may have to sacrifice the repeatable chain altogether - something I personally would be against.

Telaran

I'd personally prefer the chain be non-repeatable. As much as I liked doing the chain the first time, I see no reason to do it again and have to deal with the minion-specific roadblocks. The rewards aren't anything I can't get from normal adventures that aren't minion-specific. I am burning through hundreds of adventurine every day shuffling the first quest so it doesn't restart. Putting a unique artifact set at the end would be ok until that was finished, then we'd be back to where we are now.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

I like the idea of getting artifacts from a new set but as said above, we would end up with the same problem at the end. If there were some way to personally disable the chain without repeating cost, that would be ideal.

That said, I don't have a problem with the chain any longer. I don't use any of the green minions so their stamina is always okay for their adventures, and the blue ones are now max level (helped along by the repeated chain of course). For quite a long time it was a big issue.

Anyone who doesn't have multiple minions of those stat combos has difficulty with the chain, which makes it undesirable in my opinion. I love the chained adventure other than this repeat. It was a great idea, but with the stamina restraints it becomes limiting.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

1. I'd rather they stay as they are now. By the time I got Tasuil, 5 of the 6 were level 25 and Pyrestorm didn't take long after. 4 of the 6 minions have 25 bonus combinations, but there is plenty of cover for all of them, so it's never necessary to get them below 5 stamina. Overall it could mean one was just sent on a 15 min mission and I have to wait that long, but that would just be unlicky, and not worth adjusting.

2. Please, could we have those artifacts not sould bound? Make them all look common or uncommon so the prices don't go too crazy on them. But please allow the lucky few of us who have Tasuil to share the artifacts. Alternatively, if they are soulbound, make them similar rarity to bounty collections so that once we have finished the set we can still get dream ribbons in large quantity from them.
    Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence every time.

Telaran

You bring up some good points. I'd like to hear others feedback on the following thoughts:

1. Would you as a player be fine with having the one adventure that requires just one of the chain minions be set to a lower stamina cost and have xp only rewards. That would mean that the total Stamina required to go through the chain once for the 6 chain minions would be 6 instead of 10.

2. Would you like an artifact set to be rewarded from the end of the repeated version of the adventure chain rewarded on 6 star adventure attempts? Would it matter to you that it will get stale once you complete that set? (Which then means you're repeating it for essentially no additional reward)

Feedback for the ideas individually is what I'm after, don't simply assume I'm going to do both (or even either, at this point I'm merely exploring the ideas).
    1. If this stamina adjustment reduces the probability or duration of becoming deck locked then I'm all for it.

2. I'm not concerned about rewards from repeating the chain, but if this change comes along with a change that reduces the probability or duration of becoming deck locked then I'm all for it.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Bacchus169 View Post
    I'd personally prefer the chain be non-repeatable. As much as I liked doing the chain the first time, I see no reason to do it again and have to deal with the minion-specific roadblocks. The rewards aren't anything I can't get from normal adventures that aren't minion-specific. I am burning through hundreds of adventurine every day shuffling the first quest so it doesn't restart. Putting a unique artifact set at the end would be ok until that was finished, then we'd be back to where we are now.
    I agree, can we please turn this off after you get the Tasuil card? I spent like 2 weeks getting all the cards together to be able to do the missions to get Tasuil but now i wished i didnt...

Plane Touched

Why not just make the shuffle cost free on the repeated adventures?

Soulwalker

I do a lot of minions have over 100k adventurine and have never had a problem running out of stamina with this repeatable chain, but I do have 160+ minions and could see how someone with less could have an issue(get more minions gotta collect them all!) I've probably have done it 30+ times by now. Sure you have to pay attention and just can't mindlessly click on your minion addon when you get to the double/triple stages which I'm sure they will update to work eventually, but I don't see the problem with it especially considering they are easier loot missions.

More rewards for the final missions would be nice tho
    Last edited by Zaqaz Qazaq Azaqa; 05-29-2015 at 09:12 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast