+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
Like Tree24Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New chained minion adventures.

Champion of Telara

I have seen it once, a few weeks ago...said something like 'this is the beginning of a chain quest' - sent a minion on it, after I turned it in there was no subsequent chain cards, and I have not seen one since.
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Deathgrrl View Post
    I'm pretty sure it has to do with sending either Rirnef or Una on a mission.
    It definitely is not that. I held off sending those out for several days. Finished my current chain and it restarted again. Twice even just to be sure it wasn't from an older mid-run through.

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Actually there is something special, it's just that no one's figured out what it is, and it's easy to do accidentally (which is by design)
    So why the secrecy? WE DO NOT WANT TO DO THIS STUPID MISSION EVERY SINGLE DAY. So apparently, there *IS* a way to keep it from showing up, but they don't want to tell you. All the while saying, they want to make it fair for those players who actually want to redo this dumb chain over and over and over again. Show me one person who actually wants to redo this chain again and again and again.... Where are the supporters?

So other devs give useful information about quests, raids, upcoming changes... while you won't even tell us what triggers this dumb quest. All the while saying, you're thinking of a solution everyday. Thanks alot.

Hello all, i already completed the chain few times.
    This morning i got this new adventure, maybe i don't remember it but it's new for me.

edit: Nvm, the chain started again
    Last edited by Arkanja; 04-14-2015 at 02:55 AM.

Shadowlander

Its been 2 months already and You couldn't even add a proper reward from the last mission, until You decide how to fix this nonsense. 200-300 aventurine, epic unstables, relic bounties, bonus plat, etc., whatever You choose. The whole chain is not doable for less than 12 hours gameplay unless you spend ****loads of aventurine. Stimulate us somehow or disable the chain after the first completion.

Telaran

Any updates on solutions to the forced repeating of the chain and the problem of needing specific minions for the missions?

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #141
    Rift Team

Weeks ago I changed the behavior of the chains to not automatically update upon completion of the adventure, only upon claiming. This would allow someone with low stamina on a chain-required minion to not advance their chain for a while and prevent deck blockage.

Around this same time I introduced this most of the complaints died down. It's possible it's still bothering you all of course, but it's also possible this alleviated the worst of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Aoxo View Post
    Any updates on solutions to the forced repeating of the chain and the problem of needing specific minions for the missions?

Shadowlander

Weeks ago I changed the behavior of the chains to not automatically update upon completion of the adventure, only upon claiming. This would allow someone with low stamina on a chain-required minion to not advance their chain for a while and prevent deck blockage.

Around this same time I introduced this most of the complaints died down. It's possible it's still bothering you all of course, but it's also possible this alleviated the worst of it.
    Complaints Didn't die, people just gave up on You. We paid for that minion slot and we would like to use it. Lots of people are using minion sender and this Your solution blocks it because it claims first.
    Also You never gave us straight answer to any of the questions:
    Why don't You add proper reward from the last mission? Why don't You add disable button after first completion? Why don't You tell us what triggers the chain to start? Is it matter of national security or what?

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #143
    Rift Team

Why don't You add proper reward from the last mission?
    There's two 'last missions'. The first the one is the one where you get Tasuil, which I don't think you're talking about. The second is a normal adventure of that type, and while I understand there's arguments that could be made to improve it's reward there's arguments that could be made to keep it the same as normal.

Why don't You add disable button after first completion?
    This isn't as simple as you seem to think it would be. -I- don't just add buttons. I have to go to our UI folks all of whom are extremely busy and get them to put a button in. All in all you're talking about a full day's worth of time, plus testing to get a button that affects a very small number of people (probably in the area of 100 people). This is opposed to work that would effect the vast majority to everyone in the game..

Why don't You tell us what triggers the chain to start?
    Because I do not and will not comment on anything I consider 'secret' to be discovered. Not now, not ever. If I do it even once it'll be expected that I'll comment on such things in the future. It is far simpler to simply not set that precedent. If you truly care about it you can figure it out, yes it will take an investment of such.

Shadowlander

Why don't You add proper reward from the last mission?
    There's two 'last missions'. The first the one is the one where you get Tasuil, which I don't think you're talking about. The second is a normal adventure of that type, and while I understand there's arguments that could be made to improve it's reward there's arguments that could be made to keep it the same as normal.

Why don't You add disable button after first completion?
    This isn't as simple as you seem to think it would be. -I- don't just add buttons. I have to go to our UI folks all of whom are extremely busy and get them to put a button in. All in all you're talking about a full day's worth of time, plus testing to get a button that affects a very small number of people (probably in the area of 100 people). This is opposed to work that would effect the vast majority to everyone in the game..

Why don't You tell us what triggers the chain to start?
    Because I do not and will not comment on anything I consider 'secret' to be discovered. Not now, not ever. If I do it even once it'll be expected that I'll comment on such things in the future. It is far simpler to simply not set that precedent. If you truly care about it you can figure it out, yes it will take an investment of such.
    Finally some answers!
    I'm pretty sure that if you ask those ~100 people You are talking about, at least 95 of them will tell You that they don't want this chain to be repeatable.
    In order to play the minion system, You are forcing us to do this chain, there is no choice. This way You go against Your "No tricks, no traps".
    Also You are telling us that if we find out what starts the chain, there is way to avoid it without spending aventurine, not claiming and such?!

P.S. Customers donít expect you to be perfect. They do expect you to fix things when they go wrong. ~ Donald Porter

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #145
    Rift Team

Tricks and traps refers to requirements to spend real money. The secret chain, once completed in no way forces you to spend real money. One could make the argument that it's required to spend real money because you need a 2nd slot. However that's certainly irrelevant to the complaints of 'I don't want to do it after I've completed it.'

"Also You are telling us that if we find out what starts the chain, there is way to avoid it without spending aventurine, not claiming and such?!"
    It doesn't require spending aventurine or credits.
    Remember however the "not claiming" is to alleviate the problem of having a deck blocked. For example: Your Ionraic is at 2 stamina. You know a chain adventure is going to come up that requires Ionraic. Previously just doing the adventure could cause that Ionraic-required adventure to show up and be stuck until he had the stamina which would then force a shuffle if you want to use that deck. Now you can hold onto the chain adventure until Ionraic has 5 stamina so you can do the Ionraic-required adventure without having to buy stamina potions or shuffle. "Not claiming" is not meant to be 'use up a slot forever to prevent chain adventures from showing up', though you definitely could do it that way, but that would be your decision.

Telaran

Thank you very much for the update and explaining the actions you've taken so far, Snedhepl. I appreciate that you did try to remedy the complaints in the best possible way given the options available to you directly.

I'm not being impacted by this issue myself because I'm actively avoiding the known prerequisite triggers. I'd love to do it and receive the minion card reward, but I don't want to deal with a locked deck while waiting for stamina to regenerate. So I guess in a way I am being impacted by not doing the chain at all. While your solution is certainly better than nothing, for someone like me who doesn't pay much attention to the specifics of the system while doing other things in game, I imagine that I would inadvertently claim the chained missions without realizing that keeping it unclaimed was actually helping me to avoid whichever chained mission would be coming next. Then there is the issue of leaving the mission unclaimed makes that minion slot unavailable as was previously mentioned.

I want to end by again saying thank you for listening to our concerns and coming up with the best solution that was available to you. I don't think it fixes it for me, but I still appreciate your help all the same.
    Last edited by Aoxo; 05-11-2015 at 03:02 PM.

While i'm not really affected by this bug, i still dont understand whats preventing you from implementing the very simple solution of making the shuffling of chained cards or cards requiring minions free. It wouldnt involve any UI tweaks, just a small code addition on the minion backend, code it seems you're in charge of.
    Last edited by qUiXui; 05-12-2015 at 12:37 AM.
    Axynia - Pagefault - Segfault - Xinira
    <Transcendent>
    Inactive

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #148
    Rift Team

This at a glance is a reasonable idea, however it's not viable. The logic that makes something a chain adventure is used in a few places already and may be used in several places in the future. As such it'd have unintended consequences. Additionally it's not an 'obvious' solution to players who aren't on the forums or who miss the patch notes.

I do have another thought in mind but I want to let the current solution gather feedback before revealing it. I also haven't worked out all the details yet, I'm just letting you all know that I'm not simply ignoring your concerns.

Quote Originally Posted by qUiXui View Post
    While i'm not really affected by this bug, i still dont understand whats preventing you from implementing the very simple solution of making the shuffling of chained cards or cards requiring minions free. It wouldnt involve any UI tweaks, just a small code addition on the minion backend, code it seems you're in charge of.

leaving a minion in a slot unclaimed to stop the chain advancing is NOT a solution.

a solution is ---

1. when you get the 6 minion cards to start the chain, you go to specific NPC in game and ask her to activate the chain for you, maybe you can recieve an in game mail to tell you congrats on getting those 6 cards, please visit me to start a special mission. each time you want to complete the mission again (i.e. NEVER) you can revisit that NPC and tell her you would like to have another go at the mission. this NPC could be used for other mission chains that you want to add in the future too.

2. the non-NPC approach would be to change the wording on the first mission card. IF the mission is completed by miss una then the chain will activate and progress. IF the mission is completed by ANY other minion then the card goes on a 48 hour cooldown (or however long devs want to set it). this will ensure those that want to start the mission (or for some insane reason re-do it) can watch for the card and ensure they send una on that mission.. those of us who dont want to do it again can use any other minion for that mission and not be disrupted in any way. all this needs is a note on the mission card to say 'complete this mission using una to start a quest chain' and a trigger for the questline if una is used.

assuming this is the start of many minion chain adventures and side quests (which is awesome by the way, depth in the game is always good) please sort out this problem

TLDR: there are better ways to do this!

15.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #150
    Rift Team

Both of your ideas requires new tech unfortunately. With the first one being a significant amount of new tech. So neither is really workable given my constraints.

Quote Originally Posted by caduto View Post
    leaving a minion in a slot unclaimed to stop the chain advancing is NOT a solution.

a solution is ---

1. when you get the 6 minion cards to start the chain, you go to specific NPC in game and ask her to activate the chain for you, maybe you can recieve an in game mail to tell you congrats on getting those 6 cards, please visit me to start a special mission. each time you want to complete the mission again (i.e. NEVER) you can revisit that NPC and tell her you would like to have another go at the mission. this NPC could be used for other mission chains that you want to add in the future too.

2. the non-NPC approach would be to change the wording on the first mission card. IF the mission is completed by miss una then the chain will activate and progress. IF the mission is completed by ANY other minion then the card goes on a 48 hour cooldown (or however long devs want to set it). this will ensure those that want to start the mission (or for some insane reason re-do it) can watch for the card and ensure they send una on that mission.. those of us who dont want to do it again can use any other minion for that mission and not be disrupted in any way. all this needs is a note on the mission card to say 'complete this mission using una to start a quest chain' and a trigger for the questline if una is used.

assuming this is the start of many minion chain adventures and side quests (which is awesome by the way, depth in the game is always good) please sort out this problem

TLDR: there are better ways to do this!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast