+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Jonus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Leveling in Goboro Reef Instant Adventures as a low level toon.

Soulwalker

Default Leveling in Goboro Reef Instant Adventures as a low level toon.

Is this an actual exploit or WAI (working as intended)? I got an invite from a friend to do them and got ported to Goboro Reef. Given that there is a feature of sidekicking and automatic mentor is it part of the gaming experience?

XP should be appropriate now

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Working as intended. More accurately, not even working as well as intended. Yet.

Instant Adventure currently can only "see" zones that are on the same map as the player. Queueing for Random only takes a player to a zone on the current map. That was not the intent - Random should take the player to any valid zone on any map. In 3.2, this will be fixed so that Random will actually select from zones on any map and will in fact rotate through zones every so often automatically.

This is among the least of the IA changes coming in 3.2, but more info on that will be revealed later.

(As an aside, for those that have followed my posts on other recent threads, this cross-map bug getting fixed is a key reason the mob XP for mentoring/sidekicking became a high-priority fix recently. It was prerequisite work before we started sending low level players to much higher level zones automatically as opposed to that option being fairly buried. ;) )
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Mm, I actually liked the map-specific IAs. Freemarch/Silverwood, which are common in Mathosia, are faster than Goboro.

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Part of 3.2 will speed up Goboro IAs. Bosses in GR IA are WAY out of whack. For that matter, old world IA bosses are also out of whack, on the opposite end of the spectrum and are also going to be addressed.

(But first I need to get these Hammerknell adventures built and working!)
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 02-15-2015 at 06:25 PM.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Part of 3.2 will speed up Goboro IAs. Bosses in GR IA are WAY out of whack. For that matter, old world IA bosses are also out of whack, on the opposite end of the spectrum and are also going to be addressed.

Hammerknell Instant Adventures? Wow!
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Any chance of IA in any of the open world zones that don't have them yet? I always loved how every single Storm Legion zone supported IA.
    Last edited by Crithappens; 02-15-2015 at 08:03 PM.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Yes please!
    Unfortunately not going to be bosses with raid-like mechanics (as your mentioned before), but still looking forward to entering the area with a group of players without having to set everything up.

On the note of HK, would Trion be able to remove group requirements for the old-world raids? We can get into GSB, ROS, GP, DH, RotP on our own, but need 3 players for HK, and probably more for ID and others. Would be awesome if we could enter those solo without having to use the alt trick or get players to stay in our group whilst we try soloing the old raids.

Would also love it if Primeval Feasts's first part (the 'event' prior to first boss) could be skipped with a 'time skip/teleporter' orb. Same with the maze before last boss.

+ Reply to Thread