+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Need Quest Help / Stuck

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Need Quest Help / Stuck

Hello, I am doing a quest called: "Personal Space Invasion".

I was doing the part called "Use /flirt on a Hauty Nightmare to reveal a changeling"....

Got that done, and it said to "Collect the changeling mask"

the "Changeling" was now red and attackabale.

I began to kill the "Changeling" and two other players came along and started killing it also.

After the Changeling was dead, I got a message "cannot loot corpse" over and over and then the corpse eventually disappeared.

I have been standing in the quest circle for an hour now...

I eventually found another Changeling a bit outside of the circle and killed it..... there was nothing to loot.

I did use google to try and solve this to no avail.

I am not sure how to complete this quest.

I have been on this quest for over 1 solid hour now, and the quest series for about 5 solid hours before that.

Any help is much appreciated.

thanks in advance...

I had the issue as well - but it was because I died trying to kill the Changeling. The only way I got it to respawn was logging out of game to desktop, and restarting a couple of times.

Still haven't completed this quest - don't do enough DPS with my lag, not sure I'll ever get it done.

[Oh, you will be able to tell which of the respawns is a "good" one - it has a mask thing on its head, the others don't.]
    Last edited by Narcise; 02-07-2015 at 11:39 AM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    I had the issue as well - but it was because I died trying to kill the Changeling. The only way I got it to respawn was logging out of game to desktop, and restarting a couple of times.

Still haven't completed this quest - don't do enough DPS with my lag, not sure I'll ever get it done.

[Oh, you will be able to tell which of the respawns is a "good" one - it has a mask thing on its head, the others don't.]
    Hi Narcise and thank you for any help. Have been standing in the quest circle over an hour.

I did log out earlier (before I posted this) and eventually found another changeling a tad bit out of the quest circle as none appearing in the circle.

I was able to take it down.... but there was no loot.

My quest objective still states "Collect The Changeling Mask".

I will log out and restart my computer.

The problem is.... this part "Collect The Changeling Mask" did not pop up until I had already killed the Changeling..... and as I stated I could not loot it and then the Changeling after that had no loot.

Thanks for your help.

Soulwalker

Ok re starterd computer.

Nothing has changed.

No quest object = Changeling within the quest circle.

So far:

1. Killed the quest objective within the circle and could not loot it as stated it was glittering but said "Corpse cannot be looted".

2. Killed a changeling slightly outside of the quest circle and there was no glittering corpse to loot.

3. Have tried with 5 more changelings outside of the quest circle as none are spawning within the quest circle - of those 5, three ran away and 2 killed me. So have paid about 5 plat so far and closing in on 2 hours standing in this quests clrcle objective.

Seems like the problem is the 1st one I was killing within the quest circle got borked when some other players popped up very quickly (area had been desolate)..... launched their pig and arrows onto what I was doing and then vanished as fast as they showed up.

Since that point I have not been able to find another Changeling within the circle and the one I killed outside of the circle had no loot / it just vanished very quickly after I killed it.

I really want to thank the hunter with the pig if he happens to read this... YOU ROCK.

Soulwalker

Just killed another Changeling slightly outside of the quest objective circle as none are spawning within the circle.

There was no corpse to loot.

This is going on 2 solid hours.

Ok I give up.... I know what this means.

The dude that started attacking the quest objective after I had begun it (very bravely with his pig while he stood back a long ways) borked it and I have to drop the quest and start over again.

Maybe... just maybe.... that might work. Unless an idiot with a pig shows up.

Good luck all I am out.

Plane Touched

You could try abandoning the quest and picking it up again if you really want to complete it

Soulwalker

Default Changeling Mask

You should click on Haughty Nightmare at that area and write on chat "/flirt". It will be transformed into Changeling. Kill it and loot. That's it.

Plane Touched

Old thread, but still relevant.
    I wasted a lot of time on this.
    I had to /flirt with 3 of the Haunted Nightmares before it spawned, a bit outside of the circle marked for the quest.

+ Reply to Thread