+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Gun Show

Default The Gun Show

This quest seems broken, VERY broken. For one there is not a single platform in range of ANY of the guns which says to me the respawn rate is way too slow for the amount of people trying to do this, yet somehow the mobs guarding the cannons respawn after about 3 seconds. I have been trying this now for about 30 minutes and just abandoned it.

Anyone have some insight on this quest? I'm noticing the same thing.
    what is this I don't even

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

I know that I had to switch shards to find a floating platform near one of the cannons. But then at the time there were several other players out there, probably doing that daily too.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

I guess I got lucky - I went to one of the farther ones because someone was in the nearest one, and boom, platform came cruising by. Didn't need to shard hop.

TALES OF THE RIFTWALKER is on YouTube!!
    Part IV - Marked by Fate is now live!

Subscribe to my YouTube channel and stay tuned for chances to win stuff via the Trion Worlds Creators Program!
    ** The Forum Drinking Game (to be played during server downtimes) **

The platforms move around, so they can move in and out of range of the cannons. Also with other people killing them, they may not be respawning fast enough.

I know this is an old thread but I'm a returning player and have only just made it up to Tyrant's Throne. Anyway, this quest atm seeks broken. The floating platforms constantly heal themselves and I can't get so much as 20% damage done before they're at full health again.

Am I doing something wrong or did I miss something?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Soulwalker

Default I have seen the same

I have had this quest two times recently and have noticed the same results. I sent in bug reports but have not seen it fixed. Changing shards does not help. Changing platforms does not help. Cutter, your comment that they are self healing seems to be closest to describing what is happening.

8.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Rift Team

We got a fix for this issue that should be in next week's update.
    Lead Designer - RIFT

Quote Originally Posted by Vladd View Post
    We got a fix for this issue that should be in next week's update.
    Just following up on this issue, haven't seen any mention in patch notes since this post, but I have been testing since each update.

As of now, Stormfront Assault Platform is still full healing between each Blast Shot.

Looking forward to completing (Gangle creatures like achievements)...
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Thumbs down

This is still broken...I would like to get the achievement as well, especially since I have been trying every day to get the quest in the first place and it took nearly 2 weeks to get it....

Shadowlander

Default Platforms healing

I myself have just the same issue. The platforms heals between the shots so I cant destroy them.

My suggestion is, for the people, who have the quest sitting in their log and are unable to finish it due to the above issues please just grant the completion so that we can also get our achievements and not have the quest forever in the log until someone actually fixes it properly.

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Jool View Post
    Just following up on this issue, haven't seen any mention in patch notes since this post, but I have been testing since each update.

As of now, Stormfront Assault Platform is still full healing between each Blast Shot.

Looking forward to completing (Gangle creatures like achievements)...
    As per patch notes for today 29/06/2017 :

ZONES AND QUESTS

TYRANT'S THRONE
    * Quest: The Gun Show: Fixed a bug with regeneration for the assault platforms.

I just tried it - non-mentored, then mentored...no dice.

Just wanted to let you know that fix didn't fix...

Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight
    Manumanu
    Defiant Primalist Faeblight
    Nordvegr

Shadowlander

Wait... So this issue has been ongoing for years with a dev mention that it woulda been fixed weeks ago, and was one of 2 things today's maintenance did, (which was delayed), and it's still behaving the same as if Trion hadn't touched it to begin with..?

+1 devs. Thanks for the hard work.
    Last edited by HavagudwunSeeyuh; 06-29-2017 at 05:01 PM.

The platforms are still healing to full between shots, so this quest is impossible.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast