+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Changes to Artifact Tracking Vials and other things

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Changes to Artifact Tracking Vials and other things

Greetings my fellow Ascended Adventure lovers, I wanted to let you know about a few changes coming very soon to PTS and then going live assuming no issues show up.

As I have been working on some stuff that will be coming in the future I also took the opportunity to clean up a few things that have been bugging me for a while.

The various artifact tracking vials now work more consistently with each other.
    - The Normal Tracking vial now lasts 30 minutes and tracks Normal Artifacts ONLY.
    - The Twisted Artifact Tracking vial is back and also last 30 minutes. It track ONLY Twisted Artifacts and also casts a version of either Omen sight or Quantum sight so you can see them.
    - The Unstable Tracking vial remains the same and tracks ONLY Unstable Artifacts.
    - The Patron Artifact Tracking ability tracks all three types however it does NOT automatically cast Omen or Quantum sight, these will need to be cast separately if you want it to track Twisted.

Also I received a few requests to put the Planar Squirrels up in the Trophies section of the store for those that got one and would like to get another for their alts without having to collect another 23 Unstable Artifact sets. I have done this, but to keep them rare and to not cheapen the ones that are out there already I put a pretty hefty price on them. This is to reflects the amount of effort it would take to get them for ‘free’ and in my opinion is probably quite underpriced when you consider how long it takes to get these little buggers. I still don’t have one for any of my live characters yet, almost a year after Unstable Artifacts went live .

I also put the Chest O Shinys Dimension item on the Trophies store as requested.

Happy Hunting!

- Dead Simon

Rift Master

Great new Simon, thank you!

Where can I pick up an orange artifact?!
    Quote Originally Posted by AceinHole View Post
    I will be utterly shocked if the servers aren't shut down completely within the year. ~Thiuss@Seastone 1/10/2013

Green, pink, and orange artifacts?!

Don`t pick them up, it`s a trap !
    Prof. Akylios passenger of the Choo Choo train
    Member of the Cosmic Flame Trooper Squad
    Ex-Beidl of <Transcendent>

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    Greetings my fellow Ascended Adventure lovers, I wanted to let you know about a few changes coming very soon to PTS and then going live assuming no issues show up.

As I have been working on some stuff that will be coming in the future I also took the opportunity to clean up a few things that have been bugging me for a while.

The various artifact tracking vials now work more consistently with each other.
    - The Normal Tracking vial now lasts 30 minutes and tracks Normal Artifacts ONLY.
    - The Twisted Artifact Tracking vial is back and also last 30 minutes. It track ONLY Twisted Artifacts and also casts a version of either Omen sight or Quantum sight so you can see them.
    - The Unstable Tracking vial remains the same and tracks ONLY Unstable Artifacts.
    - The Patron Artifact Tracking ability tracks all three types however it does NOT automatically cast Omen or Quantum sight, these will need to be cast separately if you want it to track Twisted.

Also I received a few requests to put the Planar Squirrels up in the Trophies section of the store for those that got one and would like to get another for their alts without having to collect another 23 Unstable Artifact sets. I have done this, but to keep them rare and to not cheapen the ones that are out there already I put a pretty hefty price on them. This is to reflects the amount of effort it would take to get them for ‘free’ and in my opinion is probably quite underpriced when you consider how long it takes to get these little buggers. I still don’t have one for any of my live characters yet, almost a year after Unstable Artifacts went live .

I also put the Chest O Shinys Dimension item on the Trophies store as requested.

Happy Hunting!

- Dead Simon

wow , whats the green,pink and orange artifacts?
    Sth coming in the future? Tell us sth about them! Dont just drop a pic and then leave
    Last edited by simpa1988; 01-20-2015 at 02:47 PM.

Thanks for the update Dead Simon!

I'm guessing the Green is the Nightmare Artifacts hinted at before; wonder what the purple and orange ones are - 'Epic' and 'Relic' artifacts found in difficult-to-access/see locations?

I wonder if the purple and orange artifacts will never be trackable via potions - that way the old artifact collectors can relive their glory days of trying to think up where the good artifacts might pop from.

As for the Nightmare Artifacts, I wonder if that is connected to the "Darkness From The Depths" zone event we tested on the PTS recently. In that zone event you spoke to an NPC called Erisha to either go into a Dream state or a Nightmare state - the Nightmare state allowed you to see Nightmare invasions whilst the Dream state allowed you to see and pick up shards dropped from Nightmare invasions.

Wonder if the Nightmare Artifacts can only be seen during events such as Darkness From The Depths with the Nightmare buff up. One of the purple or orange artifacts could also be 'Dream Artifacts' that can only be seen in the Dream state - thus you'd need to decide with each of these types of events whether to pick up the Nightmare buff and collect Nightmare artifacts or pick up the Dream buff and collect Dream artifacts during the event's duration.
    Last edited by Jonus; 01-20-2015 at 02:54 PM.

Rift Master

Dead Simon, I hope we can also get a change to the Unstable Thieves. As you are most likely aware, we have been discussing problems with the thieves for months. For us collectors, we are down to just epic unstables.

Which means for any unstable event, we race around the zone with a target macro with /tar Epic looking for thieves. I know we can clear out the Common, Uncommon, Rare thieves to get an Epic to spawn, but honestly nobody does this.

So what I've said in the past, I'll say again. What I would like to change to is change all types of thieves into 1 thief. Name it Artifact Thief, and make it so when he is caught, he drops one of the 4 versions of artifacts. That way we don't have to "farm" thieves to spawn an Epic, and doesn't cause grief if somebody else runs along and catches him before anybody else who then needs to farm him as well.

Hmmm, I wonder if one of those "other" colors might be bounty artifacts, findable in a different way out in the world somewhere? PvP ones aside, the other bounties are stil quite rare comparatively.

Oh, and as long as you're adding things to the trophy section, any chance the bounty achievement rewards could be added there as well? (The dimension trophies and the cape are what I'm mainly wanting myself) As someone who has over 100 bounties collected, I'd love to buy the cape for some of my alts. And I'm sure that the dimension trophies could be useful to dimensioneers...
    Last edited by Serein; 01-20-2015 at 03:22 PM.
    Serein, Gaetinn, Amkhe, Skaidras | Co-Guild Leader of <Nordvegr> of Faeblight | 4/4 iROTP 4/4 TD 3/3 BOS
    New to Rift? Free bag, cape, weapon glow, and title with my Ascend-a-Friend code: EPZHJKQ3DDYHG7GDEDHJ

General of Telara

Any plans to update the reward for the 1,200 artifact achievement? It is currently a Chest o Shinnys (the same reward as the 1,000 artifact achievement). Maybe a minion?

I am pretty sure the most sets you can get in 3.0 is 1,195 so there is time to change the reward before 3.1 puts the total over 1,200.

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Any plans to update the reward for the 1,200 artifact achievement? It is currently a Chest o Shinnys (the same reward as the 1,000 artifact achievement). Maybe a minion?

I am pretty sure the most sets you can get in 3.0 is 1,195 so there is time to change the reward before 3.1 puts the total over 1,200.
    Would definitely like to see these impressive achievements get more interesting rewards.

I'd also like to see achievements for overall achievement points. There's but a handful of players with 30k+ achievement points, and some with even 33k+ out of the ~35k achieves currently in the game. Those players definitely deserve something, at least a unique title, for getting that far, because that's really impressive.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Would definitely like to see these impressive achievements get more interesting rewards.

I'd also like to see achievements for overall achievement points. There's but a handful of players with 30k+ achievement points, and some with even 33k+ out of the ~35k achieves currently in the game. Those players definitely deserve something, at least a unique title, for getting that far, because that's really impressive.
    I agree! I demand a portrait in the shape of a squirrel!

Prophet of Telara

I can see the green ones being Nightmare artifacts, but the purple and orange are probably just trolling
    I will not delete my characters for an unwated server merge.

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    I have done this, but to keep them rare and to not cheapen the ones that are out there already I put a pretty hefty price on them. This is to reflects the amount of effort it would take to get them for ‘free’ and in my opinion is probably quite underpriced when you consider how long it takes to get these little buggers.
    You forget the many people who got one from a lockbox without collecting any artifact. This made them go from rare to very common.
    I lost all interest for unstables the day the squirrels came out RNG lockboxes. This removed their value, because luck replaced effort and having this mount means nothing.

Dimensions on Brisesol : Domaine Imari (Mordrahan) / Centre de recherches (Mordrahan) / Laboratoire glaciaire (Mordrahan) / Last hope (Aislyn) / Le refuge du Corbeau Rouge (Kasora) / Kelari spirit (Asri) / Ghost ship (Syel) / A la vie, à la mort (Sadar) / Le chemin de l'harmonie (Sadar) / Temple Solaire (Sadar) / Refuge de montagne (Sadar)

General of Telara

The PTS update today has the planar mounts on the Artifact Collector vender with a credit option without an achievement requirement. The ones in the Rift Store seem to be working correctly- they have the achievement requirement.

The cost for the planar mounts is 4,500c with patron.

15.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #15
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    The PTS update today has the planar mounts on the Artifact Collector vender with a credit option without an achievement requirement. The ones in the Rift Store seem to be working correctly- they have the achievement requirement.

The cost for the planar mounts is 4,500c with patron.
    Whoops! Thanks Accol, good catch.

Turned out to be a bit of a PITA to fix and I had to put the trophy versions in containers, so one extra click needed but I guess you can live with that right

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast