+ Reply to Thread
Results 1 to 13 of 13
Like Tree6Likes
  • 1 Post By Morticus
  • 1 Post By Morticus
  • 2 Post By Sargonnas_KoA
  • 2 Post By Salvatrix

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Artifacts Without Sets

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team Ocho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Posts
    1,933

    Default Artifacts Without Sets

    Heya folks,

    Some of you may have noticed that occasionally your minions may return from a quest with a very strange artifact. These artifacts donít have sets, and arenít yet collectible.

    It appears some of the minions (mischievous as they are) are raiding a stash of artifacts weíd made for future usage, that havenít gotten sets assigned yet. Theyíre cute, so we donít want to punish them, but we also want to make sure you know what these items are so you can make appropriate choices on what to do with these items. We're looking to add sets to these items in the new year, we don't have an exact ETA yet.

    Thanks,

  2. #2
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Jonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,696

    Default

    Ah! No wonder I was getting stuff that was unsalvageable and whose tooltips seemed rather short for an artifact. Nuts, I threw them away :<.

    Oh well, thanks for the heads up Ocho! I'll keep an eye out from now on!

  3. #3
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default

    The minions are finding the set Trinkets of Planebreaker Bastion. This set was broken and not dropping prior to 3.0 and since no one farms PBB anymore, minions will be the best way to collect this set.

    Look out for them and make sure to sell your extras!

  4. #4
    Rift Team Morticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    The minions are finding the set Trinkets of Planebreaker Bastion. This set was broken and not dropping prior to 3.0 and since no one farms PBB anymore, minions will be the best way to collect this set.

    Look out for them and make sure to sell your extras!
    All artifacts in the game as of 12/11/2014 can be acquired via the Minion system. This also includes Chase artifacts found during particular world events.

    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

  5. #5
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    All artifacts in the game as of 12/11/2014 can be acquired via the Minion system. This also includes Chase artifacts found during particular world events.

    Even bounty artifacts? Some of those are still the hardest sets to find despite being in game for 10 months.

    The reason I mentioned the Planebreaker set is because it seemed to just get on the loot table this week based on the fact that 0 were sold on any NA shard until today and there are many available on AH's starting today.

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Rift Team Morticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    Even bounty artifacts?
    Yep!

    The Minion rewards are paying out Relic artifacts a bit higher than we're comfortable with at the moment, but it has already been fixed and will be in the next patch.

    For now, enjoy and have a great winter break.



    -Mort
    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

  7. #7
    Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Kansas, USA
    Posts
    3,759

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    All artifacts in the game as of 12/11/2014 can be acquired via the Minion system. This also includes Chase artifacts found during particular world events.

    ...Chase Artifacts?
    --BC

  8. #8
    General of Telara
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    979

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Yep!

    The Minion rewards are paying out Relic artifacts a bit higher than we're comfortable with at the moment, but it has already been fixed and will be in the next patch.

    For now, enjoy and have a great winter break.



    -Mort
    This is pretty disappointing.

    Of the 141 bounty sets, about 30 of them are extremely rare to find. In order to find these you have to hunt Most Wanted mobs to complete all artifact sets. People like myself spend time every week looking for particular Most Wanted mobs to complete sets. There are still 10-20 bounty sets undiscovered by anyone in game.

    I liked artifacts that you had to find in particular areas of the game. For example: the artifact sets that drop off IA's used to be very rare too since you had to invest time to get them. Once they started dropping in daily gifts they became very common.

    Using the Planebreaker set for an example. This was a set that I guess was intended to be a rare drop off mobs in a 20 man raid. Within 2 days of this set becoming available from minions I already got 3/6 of the set completed from so many people getting them from minions.

    While typing this wall of text someone in the crafting area got shard first on one of the rarest bounty artifact in game. I asked and confirmed it was from a minion adventure. Based on how common recent changes made the planebreaker set I assume it made the very rare bounty sets common too. This negates all the effort from people who spent so much time hunting Most Wanted mobs to complete their sets.

    To me, one fun part of artifact hunting is going to many different areas of the game to collect them all. Making every art available from minions makes Rift's artifact system less complex and less interesting.

  9. #9
    Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    1,297

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    This is pretty disappointing.

    Of the 141 bounty sets, about 30 of them are extremely rare to find. In order to find these you have to hunt Most Wanted mobs to complete all artifact sets. People like myself spend time every week looking for particular Most Wanted mobs to complete sets. There are still 10-20 bounty sets undiscovered by anyone in game.

    I liked artifacts that you had to find in particular areas of the game. For example: the artifact sets that drop off IA's used to be very rare too since you had to invest time to get them. Once they started dropping in daily gifts they became very common.

    Using the Planebreaker set for an example. This was a set that I guess was intended to be a rare drop off mobs in a 20 man raid. Within 2 days of this set becoming available from minions I already got 3/6 of the set completed from so many people getting them from minions.

    While typing this wall of text someone in the crafting area got shard first on one of the rarest bounty artifact in game. I asked and confirmed it was from a minion adventure. Based on how common recent changes made the planebreaker set I assume it made the very rare bounty sets common too. This negates all the effort from people who spent so much time hunting Most Wanted mobs to complete their sets.

    To me, one fun part of artifact hunting is going to many different areas of the game to collect them all. Making every art available from minions makes Rift's artifact system less complex and less interesting.
    I have to disagree with some of what you are saying. Artifacts have always been one of the best aspects of the game that I personally enjoy, but I stopped enjoying it as much once Unstable and Bounty artifacts arrived. As someone that works quite a bit I find nothing fun about a random chance of a specific unstable event happening which will then give you the minute chance that a purple artifact will spawn which then leaves me months later with a boatload of sets that are only missing purple artifacts. Adding artifact thieves and rare bounty mobs are just band-aids over a bigger problem. Artifacts were always a fun, casual thing to do and then it was turned into something almost hardcore that is only beneficial to people that have large amounts of time to play the game. Im happy if they all spawn more in minion adventures.

  10. #10
    RIFT Fan Site Operator Jonus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    4,696

    Default

    Are these what you mean by Artifacts without sets? Or are these for something else?

    Attached Images  
    Last edited by Jonus; 12-18-2014 at 08:14 PM.

  11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    2,196

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Are these what you mean by Artifacts without sets?
    Yes.

    Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    ...Chase Artifacts?
    Just what we call artifact sets that are part of a particular activity and not normal artifact acquisition. Examples are limited time stuff like the Fae Yule artifacts, the artifacts out of world event grab bags like from AH or SF, and the IA artifact sets (including the 3 sets that did not previously drop anywhere in the world like Alsbeth's Implements that were recently added to Adventure Caches).

    What ISN'T in the Minion reward system are Nightmare Rift artifacts. As these are still a new special activity artifact, they are being held back for now. Once they have been around for a while, they will cycle likely cycle in as well.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 12-18-2014 at 09:13 PM.

  12.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #12
    Rift Team Morticus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    576

    Default

    Tacitus, thanks for the reminder.

    Nightmare artifacts are not distributed via the minion system, I forgot that point.

    Noah 'Morticus' Holmes
    Senior Game Designer, Defiance
    Trion Worlds, Inc.
    "The more I learn, the more I learn how little I know." -Socrates

  13. #13
    Plane Walker regall's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Posts
    459

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Morticus View Post
    Yep!

    The Minion rewards are paying out Relic artifacts a bit higher than we're comfortable with at the moment, but it has already been fixed and will be in the next patch.

    For now, enjoy and have a great winter break.



    -Mort
    gotta love those white and handful of green artifacts I've been receiving recently from my minions. oh well, tried to give heads up to our shard early before prices were exploited again.

    my QQ for the night. I wonder who got the sought after bounty world first achievement.

    Spent my plat on rex, and still believe I invested in the right place. Now I have to save another 600plat for another wardrobe slot for a *new* wardrobe set in the next update....and maybe a new hairstyle or shoe collection achievement.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts