+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By forbiddenlake
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix
  • 1 Post By LostVikings
  • 1 Post By Golden
  • 1 Post By Salvatrix

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: A Lost Traveler not working

Soulwalker

Default A Lost Traveler not working

I am trying out the game again, subbed way back and I picked up this quest. I go to where it says, but nothing happens. I look on the forums and can only find 1 occurrence back in 2011 and the same thing is happening, nothing. What is the deal with this quest?

There should be a patch of black and lost traveler in it. It's probable that someone had recently lit his way and he hadn't respawned. Wait a bit or switch shards.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Hotlava646 View Post
    I am trying out the game again, subbed way back and I picked up this quest. I go to where it says, but nothing happens. I look on the forums and can only find 1 occurrence back in 2011 and the same thing is happening, nothing. What is the deal with this quest?
    Wasn't working with me either. The I noticed I never even had the quest item either - had to abandon then retake quest. The quest item appeared at my quest list as normal, and the lost traveller was right there at the quest marker.

Quote Originally Posted by rixxypixxy View Post
    Wasn't working with me either. The I noticed I never even had the quest item either - had to abandon then retake quest. The quest item appeared at my quest list as normal, and the lost traveller was right there at the quest marker.
    This fixed it for me, too. For some reason, the quest giver doesn't always give you the quest item so you don't get the ability to light the path.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by asianguywithacamera View Post
    This fixed it for me, too. For some reason, the quest giver doesn't always give you the quest item so you don't get the ability to light the path.
    I think the problem is when you take A Lost Traveler and the daily that lets you light the way for three pilgrims at the same time. I noticed that in these cases, I'll have the quest item for both of them at first, but the one for A Lost Traveler will vanish at some point.

So to be safe, I'm always doing A Lost Traveler immediately after getting it now, before I do anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailar View Post
    I think the problem is when you take A Lost Traveler and the daily that lets you light the way for three pilgrims at the same time. I noticed that in these cases, I'll have the quest item for both of them at first, but the one for A Lost Traveler will vanish at some point.

So to be safe, I'm always doing A Lost Traveler immediately after getting it now, before I do anything else.
    I tried this on my alts this morning and they all worked ok when having only the main quest, so this is probably the issue.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Aha!

This was oddly not an easy one to track down - like many others I had seen here and in game chat over the weekend, I assumed it had to do with doing both candle quests at once, when the REAL culprit is the snowball fight. Finishing the snowball fight daily strips off the candle used for the 1 time only candle quest.

The fix will be in Wednesday's patch.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Aha!

This was oddly not an easy one to track down - like many others I had seen here and in game chat over the weekend, I assumed it had to do with doing both candle quests at once, when the REAL culprit is the snowball fight. Finishing the snowball fight daily strips off the candle used for the 1 time only candle quest.

The fix will be in Wednesday's patch.
    I ran into the same problem and found the solution thursday/friday last week and sent in a bug report. How long does it take for the bug reports to reach the team and would the forums be a better place to post them?
    If this thread hadn't been made, would you have had a fix in for this patch or would it take longer is really what i'm asking.

Also, whoever did the christmas quests for Draumheim deserves and extra cookie, that's some funny stuff.
    Draumheim has by far been the most interesting overland zone in Nightmare Tide.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Yeah, first killing the treants for firewood and now decorating them is quite funny.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

10.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by LostVikings View Post
    I ran into the same problem and found the solution thursday/friday last week and sent in a bug report. How long does it take for the bug reports to reach the team and would the forums be a better place to post them?
    If this thread hadn't been made, would you have had a fix in for this patch or would it take longer is really what i'm asking.
    I was certainly aware of this issue since the Fae Yule content turned on on Thursday, but was not sure which quest interaction was breaking it. I ran into it myself on the first day and continued to advise players in game chat that were running into the problem (you never know if that helpful player in chat is an actual Rift dev ;) ). So this issue was certainly going to be fixed for this patch.

The issue with in-game reporting, as much as I love it, is one of signal to noise as mentioned in this other thread today:
    http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...ml#post4971855

Also, whoever did the christmas quests for Draumheim deserves and extra cookie, that's some funny stuff.
    Thank you! I did all the new daily quests for Fae Yule in the new zones. I tried to make the tone of the new quests and Seasonal NPC greetings match the tone of the hub they were in - so Ghar Station Rosh was a little... unbalanced.
    Last edited by Salvatrix; 12-16-2014 at 05:18 PM.

Took quest - got it bugged - abandoned it - retook it - completed it.

Just like 20mins ago...

+ Reply to Thread