+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Aarendil

Thread: Story quest trouble: Eyes On the Oculon in Goboro Reef

Soulwalker

Default Story quest trouble: Eyes On the Oculon in Goboro Reef

Hi,

I'm supposed to examine the Oculon on the ship, but it is guarded by 4 130k HP enemies, who will kill me in few seconds. Am I missing something? It is not marked as a party quest.

Thanks for the answer.

quest description:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/quest/4504...-On-the-Oculon

Quote Originally Posted by Maikeru View Post
    Hi,

I'm supposed to examine the Oculon on the ship, but it is guarded by 4 130k HP enemies, who will kill me in few seconds. Am I missing something? It is not marked as a party quest.

Thanks for the answer.

quest description:

http://rift.magelo.com/en/quest/4504...-On-the-Oculon
    I waited until someone else came along and we killed the mobs together. I don't know if I could have done it alone.

Champion of Telara TheDoomgiver's Avatar

change your tactics :

rogue : RS/BD or full tact or anything with 12 phys (for active treatment)
    cleric : druidicar, or defiler
    mages : necro or chloroharb or chloroharbdom
    warriors : nope.

Ascendant

Is there anything new on this?
    I'm stuck on that quest, on my warrior (don't know if I should laugh or cry at the "Nope").

On my mage it wasn't too bad, I'm a necromancer so just kill one, feign death, pop back up and kill another. Plus, the 'turn into your pet' ability is freaking OP and got rid of them easy.

But on my warrior I just don't see it happening. I tried to rush them, kill one, jump in the water to lose aggro and come back, but it was already respawned when I got there.

I'm reaver spec right now, and I feel like I could'Ve done it when reaver was a tank, but not anymore, I'm way too squishy.

Even if I grinded I.A. for a level or 2, I doubt that'd be enough. It's not even a close fight. 4 x lvl 61 130+hp mobs...

I'd need better gear, but how can I get gear if I'm stuck on my story line. Don,t feel like grinding 50 hours of dungeons just so I can kill 4 mobs. I also asked the chat a few times for help/if someone was up to that quest, but no luck. I'm at loss here.

Why is this quest so unbalanced compared to the rest? I mean literally every single other quest in the PoW was trivially easy to me. And that one isn't just hard, it seems impossible ( for my warrior at least ).

Quote Originally Posted by somerandomnamee View Post
    Is there anything new on this?
    I'm stuck on that quest, on my warrior (don't know if I should laugh or cry at the "Nope").

On my mage it wasn't too bad, I'm a necromancer so just kill one, feign death, pop back up and kill another. Plus, the 'turn into your pet' ability is freaking OP and got rid of them easy.

But on my warrior I just don't see it happening. I tried to rush them, kill one, jump in the water to lose aggro and come back, but it was already respawned when I got there.

I'm reaver spec right now, and I feel like I could'Ve done it when reaver was a tank, but not anymore, I'm way too squishy.

Even if I grinded I.A. for a level or 2, I doubt that'd be enough. It's not even a close fight. 4 x lvl 61 130+hp mobs...

I'd need better gear, but how can I get gear if I'm stuck on my story line. Don,t feel like grinding 50 hours of dungeons just so I can kill 4 mobs. I also asked the chat a few times for help/if someone was up to that quest, but no luck. I'm at loss here.

Why is this quest so unbalanced compared to the rest? I mean literally every single other quest in the PoW was trivially easy to me. And that one isn't just hard, it seems impossible ( for my warrior at least ).
    Can't get anyone in your guild to come help you? If not, go shopping for another guild.

Four level 65 toons, among others:
    Khazadum@Hailol --- Dixierose@Hailol
    Tempest@Hailol --- Blazes@Hailol

Shadowlander

Did this on my 61 inquisitor and yes it is the only quest that offered even a challenge in NT so far had to actually use some pvp tactics cc burst down kite, after you get the for guys down heal before you observe item trust me.

Quote Originally Posted by lvj999 View Post
    Can't get anyone in your guild to come help you? If not, go shopping for another guild.
    But don't you need to have the quest to get on the boad? or can you get there via sea of calceron? i wondered this when i got up to it, tried different tactics, after about 8 deaths i gave up.
    If you always wanted to be my friend, well now you can!
    https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite
    Ascend a friend code for free things!

Shadowlander

Yeah, this is ridiculous.

The point is I shouldn't *have* to ask for help on a SOLO quest. Are you supposed to use the cannon to take those four guys out, or what??

Sword of Telara

Temporarily joining intrepid IA will pop you up to 65 and let you complete the quest easily.

It's not ideal but gets the job done...
    Spellbook@Greybriar
    Rejuvenation@Greybriar

Shadowlander

Took a lot of money for upgrades, but got 'er solo'd.

Shadowlander

Although, I do have to say, their respawn timers need to be looked at. They respawned before I was even done killing the Captain, which was a royal pain in the...

Telaran

This quest is still a problem for all the reasons mentioned above and seems to be a real roadblock for many characters. I've been working my way through this quest chain with a bard build without too many problems and checked that the build isn't too awful by taking on a few elites in that area of the same level and living to tell the tale.

You don't seem to be able to pick off any of the 4 mobs separately, so are left with all 4 of them beating on you and I can't take that level of punishment long enough to take one out. Plus when I escape to heal up and then return, everything is back to where you started with 4 mobs back to full health.

If it's meant to require more than one character (of the quest level) to complete then it would be helpful to have that flagged up front rather than having to find out the hard way and then having to go off searching message boards to have your suspicions confirmed.

Soulwalker

The good news is that the 4 guys are no longer elite. Unfortunately I could not stun them long enough to examine the item, but at 65 it will not be a problem (I am 63 warrior now).

Soulwalker

Thank you! I, for one, appreciate when someone comes in and updates old posts so that new players like me can get current and relevant information including (positive) changes over the years.

I was just looking up this quest.
    Last edited by LoxslayRift; 04-05-2018 at 04:07 PM.

+ Reply to Thread