+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion suggestion and questions.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #46
    Rift Team

Excluding level 25 minions from the list I believe is a 3.1 enhancement.

Achievements: I like it. It's on our to-do list.

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I thought it was mentioned that they were looking to exclude level 25 minions from the list if the exp mission was selected. Thought it was one of the QOL improvements that was being looked into.

Right now I just sort by Level/Asc. I run though the 1 min missions for the first page or 2 and that's it. Do it once a day or so and pretty soon they all will be in the teen levels. Which sorting by Level/Asc again would put at the top of my list. It takes alittle bit longer to level but there's no rush.

It would also be nice to have more achievements, like the your first Level 25 minion. Duplicate it like Well-Loved. An achievement for 10, 25, 100 level 25 minions. Hopefully they will add new ones like how they added new ones for artifact collections as time goes on. 100 minions is good but I also would like achievements to be a more long term goal. What will happen farther down the line when they release more cards and they'll be other holiday events. Collect 200, 500... *gasp* 1000 cards could very well be possible.
    Last edited by Snedhepl; 12-16-2014 at 04:04 PM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Aaaah! O.o 1000 minions . . . and some of you think the sorting is bad now?

Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

I'd like to see the Minion window made resizable. I keep wanting to make the window taller. I have only 4 slots atm- looks to me like you'd have to scroll if you had 5.
    RIFT- now Pay 2 Gamble 2 Win
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight .::. currently enjoying Guild Wars 2

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post

Just with new achievements what about a achievement for doing all achievements with a minion as a reward.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Shattered View Post
    I'd like to see the Minion window made resizable. I keep wanting to make the window taller. I have only 4 slots atm- looks to me like you'd have to scroll if you had 5.

5 minion missions fits without scrolling, but you do have the scroll bar on the right that will show some blank space if you drag it down. they left space for more missions to be displayed if they decided to add that later.

Champion of Telara

I like the new achievements!

Were there going to be any on having multiple Level 25 minions? You get an achievement for the first one. Any chances at having additional achievements for more then that? Like 5 Minions to level 25. 10... 50.... 100 level 25 minions.

Kinda like crafting your first epic, 10... 50... 5000 epics!

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #52
    Rift Team

Most likely! However don't expect many new achievements until after 3.1

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    I like the new achievements!

Were there going to be any on having multiple Level 25 minions? You get an achievement for the first one. Any chances at having additional achievements for more then that? Like 5 Minions to level 25. 10... 50.... 100 level 25 minions.

Kinda like crafting your first epic, 10... 50... 5000 epics!

Rift Disciple

Does this mean that the exception that was made of having a one minute quest give a reward that was made for the event will not be repeated? I still would prefer the one minute missions get scrapped, and a new mission length of 2-4 hours added in.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #54
    Rift Team

You're asking something very specific about a future that is essentially infinite. That's not exactly a question I can answer.

I've currently no plans of giving 1 minute adventures rewards.
    I've currently no plans of removing 1 minute adventures either.

Quote Originally Posted by Twobits View Post
    Does this mean that the exception that was made of having a one minute quest give a reward that was made for the event will not be repeated? I still would prefer the one minute missions get scrapped, and a new mission length of 2-4 hours added in.

Rift Disciple

You're asking something very specific about a future that is essentially infinite. That's not exactly a question I can answer.

I've currently no plans of giving 1 minute adventures rewards.
    I've currently no plans of removing 1 minute adventures either.
    Sort of, I am also pointing out through the question, that unless that is the case, making the one minute adventures exclude level 25 minions when they now have missions that have returns, may no longer be a good idea.

That is because it is now the case that at least for one event we now do have 1 minute adventures with rewards.
    Last edited by Twobits; 01-08-2015 at 03:58 PM.

Snedhepl can you tell us why minions are capped at level 25?. Is this going to be increased in the future.
    What about if you get a level 100 minion you get him as a companion
    pet
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Plane Touched

It would be nice if rare minions could go higher than level 25 because it seems a little strange that a single attribute white minion at max level is often a better choice than a rarer one that has its points spread over two or more attributes (great if two attributes match but otherwise white wins).

Are there any plans to have green minions access to tier 2, blue to tier 3 etc with each tier having a higher level cap than the previous one? I should always be looking to send my best minion on missions but currently there isn't enough of an incentive to send them out again once they've hit level cap and getting to level 25 is too easy

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #58
    Rift Team

Ah-ha!

Your question is: "Are max level minions excluded from 1 minute adventures that have rewards beyond just minion xp."

The answer is: No they are not. The excluding is based on the type of reward received, not the category or type of adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Twobits View Post
    Sort of, I am also pointing out through the question, that unless that is the case, making the one minute adventures exclude level 25 minions when they now have missions that have returns, may no longer be a good idea.

That is because it is now the case that at least for one event we now do have 1 minute adventures with rewards.

14.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #59
    Rift Team

We can author minions that go to essentially any level.

As for the single attribute minions: This is purposeful in fact. We generally don't want to have a case where a minion is flat out worse than another minion in every situation. So a minion with a single stat (say Life) is generally better than a Life/Dimensions minion at Life based adventures, but it's worse overall.

I don't agree that there's not enough incentive for sending your best minion out. It can have a very significant difference on your chances of getting higher rewards (i.e. the star rating).

Quote Originally Posted by Kaltai View Post
    It would be nice if rare minions could go higher than level 25 because it seems a little strange that a single attribute white minion at max level is often a better choice than a rarer one that has its points spread over two or more attributes (great if two attributes match but otherwise white wins).

Are there any plans to have green minions access to tier 2, blue to tier 3 etc with each tier having a higher level cap than the previous one? I should always be looking to send my best minion on missions but currently there isn't enough of an incentive to send them out again once they've hit level cap and getting to level 25 is too easy

Plane Touched

We generally don't want to have a case where a minion is flat out worse than another minion in every situation.
    Why not have minions that are rubbish compared to others? If the white minions that you can pick up from the vendor are the best when you find a matching mission then what is the incentive to chase after the rarer minions? If you have a minion such as Drekanoth of Fate with 6 attributes but missions only require a max of two then it could be worse than lower rarity ones and considering how easy the white ones are to get in comparison surely the white SHOULD be worse. If the rarity determined the max level then eventually after many many missions an epic minion ones would be better than a white minion.

Alternatively have missions that can only be done by minions of a certain rarity or higher (can lead to greater use of that reshuffle you are implementing). In almost every aspect of the game you would choose to use a relic item over a common one (of the same tier) so why break with that trend for minions?

All minions are equal but some should be more equal than others ;)
    Last edited by Kaltai; 01-09-2015 at 10:02 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast