+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion suggestion and questions.

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #16

Quote Originally Posted by Zerosum View Post
    Also, any thoughts on perhaps putting in some minion text in the general text box when they return from an adventure? A simple "A minion has returned" would suffice.
    Along with the small minion icon in your alert tray that lets you know when a minion has returned, we are also adding a sound to accompany that since many have found the little icon too subtle.

2.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #17

Quote Originally Posted by Madmartigen View Post
    Could max level minions also be filtered out when you select an experience only mission (farthest left)? There is no reason to send them on those missions after they hit max level.
    I do believe that is being done but I won't be in the office till next week to verify.

Champion of Telara

Quote Originally Posted by Gingers View Post
    Along with the small minion icon in your alert tray that lets you know when a minion has returned, we are also adding a sound to accompany that since many have found the little icon too subtle.
    Thank you for that. My clock tray is way off the side of my screen and I hardly notice it. Way off... game being 7680x1440 eyefinity resolution. Ultimately I wanted an audio prompt. It would have been easy for me to add an ACT trigger so it plays a wave whenever a minion returns hence why I wanted text but if you can add an audio cue in game that's even better!

Plane Touched

I was under the impression that having two stats is better than one. Let's say you have a earth water card and have one minion at 16 water and another with 6 earth and 10 water wouldn't the 6/10 card be better?
    No, the 6/10 is not going to be generally better. Obviously it will be better on Earth missions since the Water card has 0 strength in that attribute. The 6/10 would also be better if the Water card was out of stamina. But in any Water mission, the 16 blows the 6/10 away.

There are no Earth/Water missions, so the 16 will get better results on all water missions. If there WERE Earth/Water missions (but there aren't), then the two cards would be tied in effectiveness.

General of Telara

The Attainium Crystal drop rate far exceeds the demand and they are falling below 1p each already on the AH.

Any plans to make new uses for them? Maybe bulk apoth recipes for vials and c-pots? Better powerstones/weaponstones? or will they just be a trash drop from adventures?

Any plans of adding more kind of adventures? Seeing as Notoriety will get useless soon for a lot of people and other people find Dimension items to be useless.

So, how about adding a planar adventure? With items such as:

* Illusory Motes
    * Dust of the Void (or correct dust for the character's level)
    * Planarite
    * Nightmare Energy
    * Rare chance for Void Stones (or correct stones for the character's level)
    * Nightmare consumables
    * Rift consumables (Tablets, Mirrors and so on)

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #22

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Any plans of adding more kind of adventures? Seeing as Notoriety will get useless soon for a lot of people and other people find Dimension items to be useless.

So, how about adding a planar adventure? With items such as:

* Illusory Motes
    * Dust of the Void (or correct dust for the character's level)
    * Planarite
    * Nightmare Energy
    * Rare chance for Void Stones (or correct stones for the character's level)
    * Nightmare consumables
    * Rift consumables (Tablets, Mirrors and so on)
    Currently there are plants to add new reward types for special events like we did with Autumn Harvest but nothing currently planned beyond that for reward types.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #23
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Ailene View Post
    Any plans of adding more kind of adventures? Seeing as Notoriety will get useless soon for a lot of people
    I maxed out my notoriety on my main play character awhile ago, and brought up the Notoriety missions then. Note: The amount of cash you get is roughly based on how much notoriety you would have gotten, if you weren't already maxed out, but the number is intentionally fairly small. We've had a couple ideas about interesting things to do with notoriety missions once you're at this point, but I don't think we've acted on any of them *yet*.

Soulwalker

Another suggestion:
    A way to filter which minions appear in your "adventures" tab. Some of the minions, especially the green ones, will never be sent on adventures since blue/whites are just better.
    Something like an "Active" checkbox on each minion in the "Minions" tab would be perfect.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Currently there are plants to add new reward types for special events like we did with Autumn Harvest but nothing currently planned beyond that for reward types.
    I like plants and plans too! I wonder what Great Father Frost will be up to this year...
    I still wish I had that mount from Earth events in Shimmersand, will zones ever be added like super rare chance a minion will pick a zone or rare wardrobe items that could be added depicting the different planes? I hope we see some new costumes soon I need a playing with my minions outift.

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    I maxed out my notoriety on my main play character awhile ago, and brought up the Notoriety missions then. Note: The amount of cash you get is roughly based on how much notoriety you would have gotten, if you weren't already maxed out, but the number is intentionally fairly small. We've had a couple ideas about interesting things to do with notoriety missions once you're at this point, but I don't think we've acted on any of them *yet*.
    Make them count Manugo backwards back to zero? That would be funny...
    Just kidding...

If this is the case minions will have a very quick death. I don't need notoriety, dimension items, old artifacts and 95% of crafting mats. It will become the same for any end gamer.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Plane Touched

Have to agree with MickNico here. Personally I donít want or need notoriety missions, if there is a faction I am interested in then I can go and do specific quests, the monetary reward if you have already maxed rep with that faction is low (intentionally as mentioned by dev) which means that it makes no sense for me to do 10h rep missions. Dimension quests, if you are into dimensions then this is a godsend, if you are not then this is a fast way to fill up your bags with junk, even with LAPTAP dimensions the AH will still become saturated (again this is good if you are a dimensioneer). Personally I do not spend currency to send out minions for dimension quests. Resource/gathering quests, well I recently noticed that I can get nightmare stars out of these so they have gone up in importance for me but the other items I have in such high abundance from the minions that I donít need to farm things for a while. These quests were very handy source of mats when I was doing the daily crafting missions but having got both amenders for all my professions that use them, this isnít a motivator for me Ė so depending on my mood I may or may not opt to go on a 10h gathering mission (usually this is a no). Artifact missions, yeah Iíll go on them (differ here from MickNico) and if I had only artifact quests for 10h then Iíd use my in-game currency to go on them until I ran out.

With the current distribution of missions, I wonít be doing many 10h ones which means I will always have enough aventurine to pay for the 10h mission I do want and so do not need to use credits. Isnít the idea to give me an option that tempts me to go for the 10h option whenever possible? So rather than allowing people to skip a certain type of mission, why not allow the player to choose their mission by having all options always available. Not only will this ease the burden on AH but hopefully the prices of mats will rise to a sensible level so that crafters can actually make money by doing the gathering and producing of items (I craft for personal use so current state doesnít affect me but there are crafters out there annoyed by the surplus of raw mats flooding AH). Most importantly, we need a new type of mission that gives us a chance at accelerators or items that have long term use, this could be the new lockbox even! It should be a tough decision as to whether I do missions to build up my currency or do 10h missions to use it up, in fact the missions should offer such great items (with low percentage chance of getting it) that I should actually be tempted to use credits for the mission.

Your game and your call but from my perspective I do not see the point in spending any kind of currency on 10h dimension or notoriety mission, I might (but it is unlikely) go for a gathering mission and will go for an artifact mission if I have a high level minion with the right stats available. The above list hopefully shows that in most cases I will not go for a 10h mission, Iím not sure how typical I am of the playerbase (and canít start a poll to find out ) but I canít imagine other players being overly keen on spending credits on a mission they donít like when there is a chance that the next mission will be exactly the same type of mission.

A different alternative would be if the 8h mission gave us random reward but 10h gave us something we didnít have such as notoriety for factions that we have not maxed, this would make notoriety missions useful (until youíd maxed every faction), artifact missions would be awesome and dimension/gathering quests could give rewards from the good end of the spectrum Ė at least that gives a reason to go for 10h missions.

We like minions and want to use them more, give us a reason to choose 10h missions above all others.

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    If this is the case minions will have a very quick death. I don't need notoriety, dimension items, old artifacts and 95% of crafting mats. It will become the same for any end gamer.
    I will add to this so you know were most players will get to with minions. I like minions but they have already almost become useless unless you look at end gamers.

I have capped all notoriety so don't need it anymore. While this is OK for new players for most this will become useless.

Dimension items I don't need as I have made my dimension and am now just dumping stuff in second dimension to look at getting achievements which came out after I did my dimension. While there are people who like dimension most don't and the item rate is becoming a pain.

As I got achievement for 750 artifact sets long ago I don't need any of these old artifacts. I'm sure for most people artifact quest are good and I understand that but Dead Simon needs to let his new artifacts go into 8 and 10 hour quests. Maybe white and green for 8 hour and green, blue and higher if any from 10 hour quests.

As for crafting mats I have started selling cloth and leather for about 10 gold a piece it has become so useless. Again this might be good for people leveling up but not for a end gamer. Having said that I look forward to craft quests for the item only a minion can get but having a stack of 99 and another at about 14 even this is becoming useless.

You need some end game quests if you want your end gamer people to keep playing minions. There is only 3 things a end gamer needs Illusory motes, Void stones and Abyssal crusader's marks as you know.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Does this mean we'll see something for the Yule event too?

Quote Originally Posted by Pithos View Post
    I'm glad to hear that you're looking at options. I've been sitting with the feeling that by the time I've leveled up all my minions, they wouldn't be worth sending out anymore. I'm drowning in most crafting mats and rep is about to be maxed. I'm happy to see that you can get unstable artifacts from minions, but most of the artifacts end up as dream ribbons for me (at 881 sets collected atm). Is the experts artifacts in there too? I still need some for one set, and nobody do SL experts anymore... I personally love the dimension items though, but most of my guildies don't. I feel their pain (even though it's great for me, since I get my mail filled with that stuff from them then).

I'll keep leveling my minions and hope you come up with something good They're too fun to play with to be left out useless.

I'd like to see minions being able to add to a guilds lvl or a guild quest that requires certain number of minion adventures etc.

Might be good if you maxed out your reps that the excess goes to the guild if under cap rather than currency?

Looking forward to what Fae Yule has instore in terms of minions and new cards :-)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast