+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The Center of Oblivion: How beat Regulos?

Rift Disciple

Default The Center of Oblivion: How beat Regulos?

In The Center of Oblivion quest HOW do you beat Regulos at the end. I've tried everything but I can barely damage him before he burns down all my health, seems as a melee char I don't have a prayer against him. I tried in DPS and Tank spec on my warrior but no luck.

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

You have to use the items that pop up from Finric during the fight, like the health circles around the "meat" and the "bread" to throw at the shield.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Golden View Post
    You have to use the items that pop up from Finric during the fight, like the health circles around the "meat" and the "bread" to throw at the shield.
    I did that but they don't help enough. I can hardly do any damage to him as melee as I'm running around trying to get the heart or bread the whole time and inevitably he kills me and I've barely hurt him <sigh>

Default regulos

Quote Originally Posted by Haran View Post
    I did that but they don't help enough. I can hardly do any damage to him as melee as I'm running around trying to get the heart or bread the whole time and inevitably he kills me and I've barely hurt him <sigh>
    after 15 wipes i ended asking a guildie for help

if u need help pst me Ocelotl in wolfsbane

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Baraamx View Post
    after 15 wipes i ended asking a guildie for help

if u need help pst me Ocelotl in wolfsbane
    Thanks for the offer, but I finally got it done with another 64 ;-)
    I tried about 7 times before I stopped til I got help.

People kept saying the hearts heal you up full again which was a blatant lie.. and sometimes the heart heal bubble didn't even reach far enough for a melee to keep healing and attack .. prejudice to casters ;-p

Soulwalker

In case others are still stuck on this quest, here is what i did:

Class: Cleric
    Gear: quest gear only

There are three stages, getting progressivly harder.

For the Regulos 1 encounter I chose my 61 Druid/Shaman DPS spec.
    I summoned my satyr destroyer pet and put it on the boss. The pet did not take any damage at all.
    Make sure you almost always have the buff up that the hearts give you when you destroy one. This buff will keep you healed. (You can go back into melee range after the buff is on you in case the heart was too far away.)
    When the buff fades, kill another heart to renew it.
    Regulos 1 is pretty easy this way.

Regulos 2 was a different matter. Somehow the heart buffs did not heal me properly and I died. After soulwalking out of range I switched to my Justicar/Shaman tank spec and just tanked him. Didn't take any hearts and I did not move at all. Just tanked through everything and meleed him to death. Took a while.....

On Regulos 3 I got back on my 61 Druid/Shaman DPS spec and used the pet again.
    Same as on Regulos 1 the hearts will heal you, but this time you have to stay in the blue buff circle on the ground.
    Only leave the circle when it is fading and you need a new heart, or when Regulos casts his pink/purple AE fog spell (cant remember its name). Just avoid that like the plague!
    If circles were out of melee range I just put my debuffs and DoT's on Regulos.
    Do this until he dies.
    I tried throwing the breads, it's a waste of time and a distraction.

Hope this helps others to avoid frustration!

Soulwalker

Additional note:

On Regulos 3 ranged damage abilities or a DPS pet will really help, but if you are pure melee specced you could just wait until you find hearts that are in melee range. They are common, so a pure melee spec would still be able to kill him. Just takes more time because when your current heart is out of melee range you stand there and do nothing.

Plane Touched

I've done it 3 times now, rogue, mage, and warrior. Solo'd ok with ranger but I was T3 raid geared from prior expansion. Mage I couldn't pass the second regulos. Warrior I didn't even try, just called for help and burned them down. Probably the hardest quest in the entire expansion.

Soulwalker

Unhappy how do I get this quest again?

Hey everyone, I was wondering how to get this quest back? After so many attempts on my mage to finish the last Regulos, i always get killed when regulos is revealed from the big body, very frustrating. I had to quit for the day and told myself i'll try again another day, well long story short i erroneously abandoned it thinking it would step the mission arch back to the last section, but now i see, all of the contacts that may have possible given me back this mission are all gone.

I believe I got it in Ghar Station Rosh by the big blue guy near the Maguno machines.

Telaran

ive seen a lot of posts / chats about this quest but tbh I can barely remember it.
    I breezed through it in NB/rs without a second thought, as if it was like any other quest, so i dont really understand what this "hardest quest" is. I've died more times from over pulling. lol

also NB isnt exactly the best soloing spec, but you get more than enough heals during the quest itself - i dont think i was ever even in danger.

maybe ill check it out again when I do it with an alt.

Plane Touched

I did this in about a half hour yesterday on a INQ with expansion gear from quests and 2-4 EE loot. I just wanna throw this out for future reference(this post is quite old). If you have any Storm Legion Consumables use them. I basically "raid prepped" myself.

Also, noone mentions the "look away mechanic/emote" that is causing people to lose half their life since it comes pretty early on the 1st Regulous. Surviving those is more important than anything. Crack 1 heart at a time. Save the second one for the Beams. Runaround for a bit, crack the second and stand in it.

As for Melee, it's for suckers. I don't get why people play Melee hahaha
    With that out of the way this quest is a bit over-tuned for melee to solo. If you are melee and you solo this you deserve a Blizzard Statue equivalent from Trion haha
    Last edited by Balferest; 02-08-2015 at 08:10 AM.

Plane Touched

I used to struggle with this quest to no end, until I read the following piece of advice, maybe it will help any of you guys:

The hearts will heal/shield you as a percentage of the DAMAGE YOU DO to the boss while standing in the circle

In other words, pop the hearts when your CD's are about to come up and never stop attacking the boss if you're in a green circle.

Soulwalker

Default This quest sucks

lv 64 mage and i couldnt get near killing second boss. even with heart i was in a heart and died in it as i was trying to get him. Very poor set up. I gave this more deaths than it deserved. I have even beaten the glacier already.

level 65 and 3rd Reggie melee is not viable. Had no problems after switching to tempest and camping meat sticks.
    Beware the Penguin...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast