+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions - Autumn Adventures!

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Minions - Autumn Adventures!

Hey folks. I just wanted to let you all know that there are six new Autumn Harvest adventures that are now live! Each of these adventures can appear in the rightmost available adventure slot. If you don't regularly do these now's the time to get started. Completing one of these special autumn harvest adventures will earn you a special achievement as well as special rewards including masks, boxes and much more.

By right-most adventures, you mean the promo 10h adventures? Are they going to keep their aventurine/credit costs? or will there be an option to send minions on those adventures using the Autumn Harvest currency? I'm not currently able to log in, so I can't check.
    "In the land of the terribles, the mediocre is king."

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

You can use credits or aventurines as with any other ten hour adventure.

Quote Originally Posted by Lycrios View Post
    By right-most adventures, you mean the promo 10h adventures? Are they going to keep their aventurine/credit costs? or will there be an option to send minions on those adventures using the Autumn Harvest currency? I'm not currently able to log in, so I can't check.

Default What happened to the adventure?

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Hey folks. I just wanted to let you all know that there are six new Autumn Harvest adventures that are now live! Each of these adventures can appear in the rightmost available adventure slot. If you don't regularly do these now's the time to get started. Completing one of these special autumn harvest adventures will earn you a special achievement as well as special rewards including masks, boxes and much more.
    So upon reading that Autumn Harvest adventures had been added to the minion system I sent out several minions on 10h adventures hoping I could get the event adventure to show up. After sending out minions on 2 10h adventures I got a Death/Dimension adventure called "Decorate Dimensions for Autumn Harvest." Having all 5 adventure slots with active missions, I logged out while waiting for one to finish to take this new event adventure. Upon logging back in to check their progress, the event adventure is no longer available, having been replaced by a normal harvesting adventure.

Needless to say I am not pleased.
    Last edited by Stihl; 10-30-2014 at 04:16 PM.

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Rift Team

Every 24 hour period, and only once every 24 hour period your available adventures reset. This reset occurs only on login to prevent headaches that would occur from having an adventure you were about to assign suddenly switch on you.

As for when the reset occurs, it is at 12:00am UTC/GMT time.

I'm sorry you had some bad luck in this regard.

Do remember that when an adventure is hurried it stays on cooldown for a decent bit of time, increasing your chances of seeing another Autumn Harvest adventure again.

Quote Originally Posted by Stihl View Post
    So upon reading that Autumn Harvest adventures had been added to the minion system I sent out several minions on 10h adventures hoping I could get the event adventure to show up. After sending out minions on 2 10h adventures I got a Death/Dimension adventure called "Decorate Dimensions for Autumn Harvest." Having all 5 adventure slots with active missions, I logged out while waiting for one to finish to take this new event adventure. Upon logging back in to check their progress, the event adventure is no longer available, having been replaced by a normal harvesting adventure.

Needless to say I am not pleased.

Just a FYI for folks- if you send out your minions on one of these world event adventures make sure that the character you first log onto or are logged on to when it completes is the one you want the achievement on. I sent out my minion on one, went to bed and logged on the wrong character this morning (to get some crafting dailies out of the way) and that character got the achievement automatically without me claiming anything.

I really do not want the achievement on this character- i sent in a GM request to have it granted to the correct one.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

Starting next week (after the weekly hotfix) adventure completed achievements will trigger on claiming rather than completion, allowing players to better control what characters get achievements.

Quote Originally Posted by Paksen View Post
    Just a FYI for folks- if you send out your minions on one of these world event adventures make sure that the character you first log onto or are logged on to when it completes is the one you want the achievement on. I sent out my minion on one, went to bed and logged on the wrong character this morning (to get some crafting dailies out of the way) and that character got the achievement automatically without me claiming anything.

I really do not want the achievement on this character- i sent in a GM request to have it granted to the correct one.

Rift Disciple

Every 24 hour period, and only once every 24 hour period your available adventures reset. This reset occurs only on login to prevent headaches that would occur from having an adventure you were about to assign suddenly switch on you.

As for when the reset occurs, it is at 12:00am UTC/GMT time.
    I just had the same thing happen to me as happened to the OP. The harvest one came up just I put my last minion on a long adventure. So by the time these expired the harvest had disappeared.

What makes no sense to me is the time it changes. 12:00am GMT is right in the middle of the day in my time zone in the USA. It's worth noting that this is the only thing that I know that changes in the middle of the day in the USA. Quests reset at 3am server.

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

The why is quite easy to explain, albeit mildly embarrassing.

When developing the system I used a function called 'Now' and set the reset for midnight. I thought that essentially meant 'now' in local time. Turns out it meant now in GMT. Now that it's in it's quite a bit of trouble to change it to local server.

Now the nice part is, the reset doesn't occur immediately at midnight GMT, it only occurs when you next log in after it hits that point. This is so you don't suddenly have missions get pulled out from under you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ethmar View Post
    I just had the same thing happen to me as happened to the OP. The harvest one came up just I put my last minion on a long adventure. So by the time these expired the harvest had disappeared.

What makes no sense to me is the time it changes. 12:00am GMT is right in the middle of the day in my time zone in the USA. It's worth noting that this is the only thing that I know that changes in the middle of the day in the USA. Quests reset at 3am server.

given how much fun the system is, I'd say that's a pretty minor blooper!

The why is quite easy to explain, albeit mildly embarrassing.

When developing the system I used a function called 'Now' and set the reset for midnight. I thought that essentially meant 'now' in local time. Turns out it meant now in GMT. Now that it's in it's quite a bit of trouble to change it to local server.

Now the nice part is, the reset doesn't occur immediately at midnight GMT, it only occurs when you next log in after it hits that point. This is so you don't suddenly have missions get pulled out from under you.
    Well, here's what happened to me today: I sent 2 minions on adventures on my 60 rogue. This was at 7:15 am MST. The adventure card re-popped on the second send with a dimension adventure. I thought fine, I'll wait out the 8 hours and send one on that before I log out for the night.

NOT fine. I was logged in on that toon all day, messing with a dim. When the minion icon popped up, and I clicked to claim them, that dim adventure was NOT there. The adventures when I logged in on her this morning were different from the ones last night. So how the heck did the dim one I was going to send a minion on get reset to cloth etc. again?

Very frustrating because I don't get a lot of dimension cards anyway.
    Last edited by Narcise; 11-09-2014 at 04:20 PM.
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Quote Originally Posted by Narcise View Post
    Well, here's what happened to me today: I sent 2 minions on adventures on my 60 rogue. This was at 7:15 am MST. The adventure card re-popped on the second send with a dimension adventure. I thought fine, I'll wait out the 8 hours and send one on that before I log out for the night.

NOT fine. I was logged in on that toon all day, messing with a dim. When the minion icon popped up, and I clicked to claim them, that dim adventure was NOT there. The adventures when I logged in on her this morning were different from the ones last night. So how the heck did the dim one I was going to send a minion on get reset to cloth etc. again?

Very frustrating because I don't get a lot of dimension cards anyway.
    I'm seeing the same thing happen. I stay logged in and the adventures change when I bring up the Minions window. I had another Autumn Harvest one a few days ago and was waiting for my 8hrs to complete to have the Adventurine to run it, and when I brought up the Minions window I had an entirely different promotional adventure.

I haven't really been paying attention... but I had a guild member mention that he was seeing the adventure reset at both 12am and 12pm GMT. I think something is definitely off from what we're being told is going on, or at least it's appearing that way.

Quote Originally Posted by KelbornOrdo View Post
    I'm seeing the same thing happen. I stay logged in and the adventures change when I bring up the Minions window. I had another Autumn Harvest one a few days ago and was waiting for my 8hrs to complete to have the Adventurine to run it, and when I brought up the Minions window I had an entirely different promotional adventure.

I haven't really been paying attention... but I had a guild member mention that he was seeing the adventure reset at both 12am and 12pm GMT. I think something is definitely off from what we're being told is going on, or at least it's appearing that way.
    Well, at least it's not just me.... (yes, I'm the one whose vehicle does something strange but NEVER for the dealership's mechanic....)

So yes - in that case, Sned, could you just revisit the programming and make sure it's really set to just refresh one time every 24 hours, please? And thanks for talking to us about this stuff!
    People who circumscribe their lives to conform to the narrow expectations of others get exactly what they deserve.

Rift Chaser

Just a guess but is it possible that zoning (switching servers, entering/exiting dimension etc), counts as 'logging in' as far as the server is concerned?

Quote Originally Posted by Lightwell View Post
    Just a guess but is it possible that zoning (switching servers, entering/exiting dimension etc), counts as 'logging in' as far as the server is concerned?
    If so, then that's a bug according to how the devs have stated the reset is supposed to work.

Please check on this, Snedhepl.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast