+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40
Like Tree221Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion Card Database

Shadowlander

Default can you swap out cards?

Does anyone know if you can swap a new card/minion for one already in a slot?
    I'm not a patron and don't have any credit to get a new slot.
    I was thinking of purchasing a better minion to replace one of them, but don't want to waste my resources if I can't swap it

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Ead Gyth View Post
    Does anyone know if you can swap a new card/minion for one already in a slot?

I'm not sure what you mean. Any minion in your collection can be sent on any mission.

I'm not a patron and don't have any credit to get a new slot.
    If you save up your platinum, you should eventually be able to buy a Rex from another player. A Rex can be redeemed for credits. One Rex will enable you to buy 2 more minion slots.

I was thinking of purchasing a better minion to replace one of them, but don't want to waste my resources if I can't swap it
    Which minion did you want to replace and what would be the replacement?

There are 36 possible combinations for minion missions, such as earth-artifact, air-artifact, fire-artifact, etc. You can get many minion cards for free as drops, quest rewards, achievement rewards, notoriety rewards, etc. The Plane of Water zones are a great source of minion cards. Leveling up your notoriety for the 6 Plane of Water factions allows you to buy 33 minion cards with Void Stones.

The blue cards are usually preferred because most provide a maximum 25 point match, e.g. minion Ionraic is 7 Earth,18 Artifact at level 25. Less desirable are the many green cards that have 18,17 attributes at level 25. They provide only a 17 or 18 point match so are worse than the white cards that have 20 of a single attribute at level 25.

Shadowlander

Default can you swap out cards?

What I mean is I have all the slots you can put minion cards into full. To get more minion slots you have to purchase them.
    I was thinking about purchasing some better/more varied minion card to replace minion cards already in minion slots.
    However if I get another card, would I have to buy another slot to put it in, or can the new card be put into a slot already taken to replace it?
    For example in dimensions I have one more key than I have dimension slots. However I can click on the extra key and it will replace current dimension, rather than having to buy a new dimension slot.
    I was wondering if minions work the same way.
    I hope that makes sense, as I don't really know how else to explain it.
    Last edited by Ead Gyth; 10-14-2020 at 06:15 AM.

Rift Chaser

For example in dimensions I have one more key than I have dimension slots. However I can click on the extra key and it will replace current dimension, rather than having to buy a new dimension slot.
    I was wondering if minions work the same way.
    I hope that makes sense, as I don't really know how else to explain it.
    No, minions do not work like dimensions. You can collect as many minion cards as you want, There are just under 250 minion cards currently available in the game. Some are easier to get than others. About a quarter of them must be purchased with credits.

Minion cards and minion slots are different. Minion slots determine how minion missions you can run at a time. You start with one minion slot and can buy up to 5 more slots with credits. Buying more minion slots is very worthwhile because you can get more loot from minion missions. For example, buying a second slot doubles the number of minion missions you can run at a time.

Every time you do a minion mission, you can use any minion card in your collection.For best loot results use the card that provides the best match for the mission attributes.

Shadowlander

Thank you

I understand the principle of which minion to send for which adventure.
    I have 6 slots and they are currently all filled.
    However some of them double up - such as -

Quag - water and hunting
    Stofie - water.

I have no fire and no diplomacy minions.
    I was hoping that if I bought or acquired another (7th) minion that had, for example, fire and/or diplomacy I could swap it out for Stofie, rather than having to purchase more slots (until I can afford to)

Sorry my previous explanations were pretty bad, to be honest
    Last edited by Ead Gyth; 10-14-2020 at 11:15 AM.

Rift Chaser

Thank you

I understand the principle of which minion to send for which adventure.
    I have 6 slots and they are currently all filled.
    However some of them double up - such as -

Quag - water and hunting
    Stofie - water.

I have no fire and no diplomacy minions.
    I was hoping that if I bought or acquired another (7th) minion that had, for example, fire and/or diplomacy I could swap it out for Stofie, rather than having to purchase more slots (until I can afford to)
    You don't have to buy anything else to have as many minion cards as you want. All your collected minion cards are active. I have collected over 200 minion cards and never paid to make room for more. The minion cards do not operate like dimensions, where you have to buy more slots to have more than two active dimensions.

You are not limited to one minion of each element or mission type, e.g. I have 8 different minions that give a 25 point match for a death-assassination mission. I can use anyone I want for that kind of mission.

Open the store and look under the pets/minions tab. Under standard, there are 5 white minions, one for each element (earth, air, fire, life, death) to go along with Stofie (water). They sell for 1 platinum each. You can earn between 2 and 3 platinum for each Instant Adventure mission you complete so they are cheap.

Each will be 20 of their single attribute when leveled to 25, e,g. Carmine will be 20 fire. These 6 standard minions are a good starter collection because they can cover any of the 36 possible minion missions with a 20 point match when they are leveled to 25.

A level 25 Quaq is best only for a water/hunting mission because he's a maximum 25 point match. He's so-so for any non-hunting water mission at 18 points and terrible for any other hunting mission at just 7 points. A level 25 Stofie (20 water) is better for any non-hunting water mission than Quaq (18 water, 7 hunting).

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Zornar View Post
    You don't have to buy anything else to have as many minion cards as you want. All your collected minion cards are active. I have collected over 200 minion cards and never paid to make room for more. The minion cards do not operate like dimensions, where you have to buy more slots to have more than two active dimensions.

You are not limited to one minion of each element or mission type, e.g. I have 8 different minions that give a 25 point match for a death-assassination mission. I can use anyone I want for that kind of mission.

Open the store and look under the pets/minions tab. Under standard, there are 5 white minions, one for each element (earth, air, fire, life, death) to go along with Stofie (water). They sell for 1 platinum each. You can earn between 2 and 3 platinum for each Instant Adventure mission you complete so they are cheap.

Each will be 20 of their single attribute when leveled to 25, e,g. Carmine will be 20 fire. These 6 standard minions are a good starter collection because they can cover any of the 36 possible minion missions with a 20 point match when they are leveled to 25.

A level 25 Quaq is best only for a water/hunting mission because he's a maximum 25 point match. He's so-so for any non-hunting water mission at 18 points and terrible for any other hunting mission at just 7 points. A level 25 Stofie (20 water) is better for any non-hunting water mission than Quaq (18 water, 7 hunting).
    Many thanks.
    I was being a bit thick there. The slots are for missions, not minions!
    Last edited by Ead Gyth; 10-14-2020 at 02:04 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Frenchstud View Post
    [Trent] > [Trenton].

[Gambahl] is an attractorType=Assassination.
    *and yes it "yields" Autumn Harvest Adventures yadayada, but for Minion Sender v2.0 (soon) Claim options to work properly would be nice to see in list (its an API thing).

[Jolly Hellbug] Attractor remains Hunting atm. (technically attractorType=Assassination, Adventures Cards are Assassination long ago had a tooltip bug as Hunting) Minion Sender v2.0 will only SEE it as Hunting. (evens out attractors too, hunting vs assassination, had to made a choice). Or Should be changed to Assassination to be consistent? feedback would be nice
    *Notes: Gives RNG Adventurine in loot bag as rewards.
    Apologies for the late reply. I've updated the spreadsheet to reflect the changes above.

Trent is now Trenton. I never had the chance to own this card so I used this link for the name. Thanks for the clarification!

Gambahl is now Attractor:Assassination. This one I knew about but because I so rarely use Gambahl I just never got round to changing it. Again thanks for the heads up.

For the Jolly Hellbug minion I've changed it to Actrator:Assassination purely becasue I believe Salvatrix did change it and I just never got round to updating that part of the spreadsheet.

Here is the link for those that are curious.

If anyone notices anything else that needs changing / updating just give me a prod here.
    Minions Spreadsheet : Feel free to grab a copy.

Soulwalker

Many thanks.
    I was being a bit thick there. The slots are for missions, not minions!
    Yeah, Zorner covered pretty much everything.

This is an old resource but it still covers pretty much eveything about minions.

Basically, you can have as many Minion Cards as you want. In fact if you buy all the basic White backed Minion Cards from the store you're prety much covered for all the Missions.

Mission Slots on the other hand are limited and you'll always be wanting more of them... ahh, those sweet sweet resources!
    Minions Spreadsheet : Feel free to grab a copy.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40