+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast
Results 346 to 360 of 584
Like Tree219Likes

  Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion Card Database

  1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #346
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    Herim's attracted adventures will be doable outside the event.

    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzalotus View Post
    Okay so I just got Shard First (Seastone) for Arclight Master
    and the Archaeologist Herim minion.

    The attractor cards for Jineth are during the event only, I believe; does the same go for the cards Herim attracts?

  2. #347
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    The short answer to this is that missions that come off cooldown are added back in randomly. The long answer is a bit more complicated but it basically boils down to that.

    Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    A further question on CDs:

    When an adventure goes off cooldown, does it get randomly added back into the adventure deck, or does it end up at the back of the adventure deck?

    Thank you!

  3. #348
    Johnny
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    22

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    All cooldowns for a deck automatically get cleared if you run out of cards in the deck.

    And before ranting begins: Yes I understand this is a non-obvious mechanic, it is however a generally necessary mechanic to ensure people get a variety of adventures. I'll be pondering ways to make it more obvious, but it might be a ways down the line in terms of priority.
    As you said its not priority to make it more clear, can you tell us how many cards have on each deck, just so we can work it out temporarily? I mean, if a deck has 100 cards, we may not want to send minions trying to reset the cooldown, while if it have only 10, we can just send some minions to reset the cooldown of the adventure we want.
    Last edited by Knoxville; 02-25-2015 at 08:05 AM.

  4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #349
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    I can't actually give an accurate number. Each person's deck is their own and different things can influence it (attractor minions and events being the obvious one). I can say that each deck started out as 36 cards (each reward stat type with each planar stat type).

    Quote Originally Posted by Knoxville View Post
    As you said its not priority to make it more clear, can you tell us how many cards have on each deck, just so we can work it out temporarily? I mean, if a deck has 100 cards, we may not want to send minions trying to reset the cooldown, while if it have only 10, we can just send some minions to reset the cooldown of the adventure we want.

  5. #350
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    Herim's attracted adventures will be doable outside the event.
    Originally Posted by Snedhepl
    It depends on the adventure. Generally speaking the following holds true:

    10hr Adventures have a 60 minute cooldown
    8hr Adventures have a 120 minute cooldown
    15m Adventures have a 30 minute cooldown
    5m Adventures have a 15 minute cooldown.
    1m Adventures have a 15 minute cooldown

    All cooldowns for a deck automatically get cleared if you run out of cards in the deck.

    And before ranting begins: Yes I understand this is a non-obvious mechanic, it is however a generally necessary mechanic to ensure people get a variety of adventures. I'll be pondering ways to make it more obvious, but it might be a ways down the line in terms of priority.
    1) Perhaps you can simply add the text “This mission can not be completed more than once per {insert cooldown period}” into the text field that tells you when the event missions can be received (Available from 2/19/2015 to 2/26/2015) .

    2) What time does the event missions end on 2/26/2015 ?

    3) Is it possible to extend the time for those missions for a few days to make up to the people who wasted the majority of their Adventurine trying to either complete the bugged daily or trying to complete the Mastery achievement not knowing there was an internal cooldown?


    Thanks

  6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #351
    Rift Team
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Posts
    677

    Default

    1) While reasonable that's also not strictly true: If you empty out a deck all adventures for that deck come off cooldown.

    2) They should stop appearing around 3:30pm on the 26th. If you have one at 3:30pm you can still complete it.

    3) I'm not aware of any plans to extend it, but I'm also not the person behind the event.

    Quote Originally Posted by PearlJam View Post
    1) Perhaps you can simply add the text “This mission can not be completed more than once per {insert cooldown period}” into the text field that tells you when the event missions can be received (Available from 2/19/2015 to 2/26/2015) .

    2) What time does the event missions end on 2/26/2015 ?

    3) Is it possible to extend the time for those missions for a few days to make up to the people who wasted the majority of their Adventurine trying to either complete the bugged daily or trying to complete the Mastery achievement not knowing there was an internal cooldown?


    Thanks

  7. #352
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Posts
    12

    Default Carnival Event Cards

    Will there be carnival event cards, like the 10hr one added for the Fae Yule event? Also any chance you can add the attractor property flag to the API for the Minion Details?

  8. #353
    Soulwalker
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    20

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    1) While reasonable that's also not strictly true: If you empty out a deck all adventures for that deck come off cooldown.

    2) They should stop appearing around 3:30pm on the 26th. If you have one at 3:30pm you can still complete it.

    3) I'm not aware of any plans to extend it, but I'm also not the person behind the event.

    1) Ahh I didn't understand that aspect. You could change "can not" to "may not" and then they would at least pause and go what does that mean and hopefully ask in guild/public channels where someone could explain it to them but I see where that could complicate things.

    2) Thanks.

    3) Is there someone I can request it of or can you make them aware of the situation. I think it would go a long way to soothing bruised feelings for those of us who spent lots of Adventurine on day 1 of the event and are now not going to be able to complete the Mastery when we could have had the daily not been bugged or the mechanics of the cooldowns been better understood?

    Thanks for your replies

  9. #354
    Champion of Telara Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Sad to say, but the cards turning for the adventures to me is a huge rip off

    I have 6 minion slots...
    I flipped/hurried a ton of cards already.. cd in or out.. doesn't matter much it seems..
    But sofar, I am at 8/15, 1/10 and 1/5
    I am rarely getting the needed adventures for the achievement, will not be able to complete any by the looks of it.. simply because of a f*cked RNG on turning the cards..

    I had 1 !!! adventure today from the 40+ cards I turned on several decks... and spread over the past 24 hours..
    It seems this event bugged out or trion expects us to pay a ton of credits for the achievement, which is quite sad

    The cooldowns, more information on the amount of cards in the different decks.. the exact conditions needed for getting the needed adventure cards..

    all that information would have been more than welcome upfront. Now it is an achievement based on RNG.. and that by all means is not an achievement, but just a stroke of luck

    I like the idea of chained adventures, special things, hidden minions and all.. but I do think Trion has executed some of it in a more than poorly manner

  10. #355
    Champion of Telara Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Too late to edit my post..
    but finally got Orlan today

    and yes, I hate the intreprid chrons.. running around killing trash for pa xp/crystalline insight when I'm pa maxed is truly a waste of time.

    As for Orlan..

    I got him from the box that showed up in the alley behind Infiltrator Johlen

    I reckon he will come from any 'special' chest.. not the chests from killing the mini bosses.
    Sofar, I've known 3 spots for those ' special' chests..
    1 Run into the maze, go left.. after the alley with the walking tree, you go right into the room with the shamblers. Take the step through the hedges and you will find an open space to your right, where on occasion the rare Blightbeard walks. In that open space is your first chance at the hidden chest.

    2 Go into the room with Infiltrator Johlen. kill him, kill the trash behind him and kill the walking up and down that alley. At the end of that alley is your 2nd chance at a hidden chest.

    3.. Kill everything. In the last room, with Greenscale himself, you will find your 3rd chance at a hidden chest. Just gotta walk through the entire room, the location it might be at is in the far back of the room.

    As I understand it, Orlan can drop from any of these 3 hidden chests.. it just has to be a hidden chest. And my advice.. finish the instance and just pop in a couple of times after finishing it to check if maybe a chest has appeared after you left. Though I am not sure it does, but i've had occasions were upon entering, there was no chest or Blightbeard in the open space, but running back into the space after killing Johlen I've seen Blightbeard and/or chest were there. So maybe returning to an empty instance can do the same.

  11. #356
    Champion of Telara Aranka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    1,215

    Default

    Just a simple question..

    There is a pre req to start the chain adventures.. Una tells a story.
    And I read somewhere, nobody has uncovered the pre req condition..

    So I wonder..
    The things I did in the 24 hours before getting the Una adventure..
    from memory, for I wasn't really trying to focus on that..
    Reaching honored with Atragrarians
    Completing a Nightmare rift artifact set (iv)
    Reaching stage 60 NMR V
    Not sure if there was much else that I did that would stand out. But maybe, either of these achievements is what is needed, and I would think the honored rep might be a good one, since Pyrestorm is in Goboro as well.. and basically any level can do IA in Goboro.

    Having Una to get the Una tells a secret adventure is NOT the pre req.. I did not have Una when I did see the ' tells a secret' adventure in my deck
    Last edited by Aranka; 02-25-2015 at 05:30 PM.

  12. #357
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Aranka View Post
    Sad to say, but the cards turning for the adventures to me is a huge rip off

    I have 6 minion slots...
    I flipped/hurried a ton of cards already.. cd in or out.. doesn't matter much it seems..
    But sofar, I am at 8/15, 1/10 and 1/5
    I am rarely getting the needed adventures for the achievement, will not be able to complete any by the looks of it.. simply because of a f*cked RNG on turning the cards..

    I had 1 !!! adventure today from the 40+ cards I turned on several decks... and spread over the past 24 hours..
    It seems this event bugged out or trion expects us to pay a ton of credits for the achievement, which is quite sad

    The cooldowns, more information on the amount of cards in the different decks.. the exact conditions needed for getting the needed adventure cards..

    all that information would have been more than welcome upfront. Now it is an achievement based on RNG.. and that by all means is not an achievement, but just a stroke of luck

    I like the idea of chained adventures, special things, hidden minions and all.. but I do think Trion has executed some of it in a more than poorly manner
    Completely agree with you.
    It's not effort achievement but RNG achievement.

  13. #358
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Feb 2015
    Posts
    64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    2) They should stop appearing around 3:30pm on the 26th. If you have one at 3:30pm you can still complete it.

    This is wrong. I am 15/15, 10/10, 4/5 and just spent tons of of Adventurine which I have been earning all week after wasting it on the day one bugged daily and trying to complete this before the cooldown info was known since I knew it was going to be tough to do it in a week.

    All I get are the Carnival missions. I'm seething with anger at the moment so it is difficult to express myself, but from a Minions point of view this Promo event has been botched from top to bottom. Minions were one of the main reasons I stayed playing after the weak Xpac release and constant bugs/crashes.

    As far as I can tell Rift is just for the hardcore raiders and to fleece rich people. This event has just reaffirmed my decision to quit Rift. I've canceled my Patronage and may or may not play it out.

    Minion Card Database-2015-02-26_123857.jpg

    Minion Card Database-2015-02-26_124053.jpg
    Last edited by Winkell; 02-26-2015 at 11:29 AM.

  14. #359
    Telaran
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    66

    Default

    I m also at 15/10/4... and i feel really unhappy.

    And without thinking this extra minion is ... useless. i ll never let a slot perma used again, never. ...

    If i still play.

    Edit : please disable the attractor icone from Jineth if the event is gone.

    Another unhappy customer, next time you put a special game tell the rule we talk about currency here... (aventurine/gems)

    15 years ago when this kind of thing was happening on some random mmorpg, we would have refund with appologized... different time, different methode... i dont like what mmorpg become.... But yeah we ll have our next mount for 20 dollars for sure.


    Very sad panda
    Last edited by Lathain; 02-26-2015 at 11:49 AM.

  15. #360
    Shadowlander
    Join Date
    Oct 2014
    Posts
    43

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Winkell View Post
    This is wrong. I am 15/15, 10/10, 4/5 and just spent tons of of Adventurine which I have been earning all week after wasting it on the day one bugged daily and trying to complete this before the cooldown info was known since I knew it was going to be tough to do it in a week.

    All I get are the Carnival missions. I'm seething with anger at the moment so it is difficult to express myself, but from a Minions point of view this Promo event has been botched from top to bottom. Minions were one of the main reasons I stayed playing after the weak Xpac release and constant bugs/crashes.

    As far as I can tell Rift is just for the hardcore raiders and to fleece rich people. This event has just reaffirmed my decision to quit Rift. I've canceled my Patronage and may or may not play it out.

    Attachment 22448

    Attachment 22447
    You are not the only one who's angry at Trion for this promo...
    It has been bugged from day one and they didn't even try to fix it, to them it was "bad luck", not their fault...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 39 FirstFirst ... 14 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 34 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts