+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast
Like Tree219Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion Card Database

Quote Originally Posted by Avocados View Post
    Killing the Pyrestorm rare mob, maybe a rare drop? (Or common from the last hotfix.)

Laethys, 5:40PM ST

Just bought Una and I'm crafting the C1 minion to see if I can help out the chain thing... not sure what to do though.
    That's interesting, thanks for the info! Guess it's either rare drop or as you stated, started appearing/become more common since latest update.

Quote Originally Posted by Belarios View Post
    So do we now think that once a person has all the new minions mentioned in the adventures that it unlocks something else? Or do we just assume that Sned is trolling us again?
    Maybe. Or perhaps something to do with next week's Attractor Minions and their special adventures.

If i'm not mistaken I think the Orlan minion is still MIA.

Telaran

Killing the Pyrestorm rare mob, maybe a rare drop? (Or common from the last hotfix.)

Laethys, 5:40PM ST

Just bought Una and I'm crafting the C1 minion to see if I can help out the chain thing... not sure what to do though.
    Gratz on Pyrestorm. Basically there will be a chain of 20min "clue" missions randomly under the 5/15m deck and once you do all of them it will unlock unchained 20min "clue" missions (1 for each new minion) under the same deck that are random. It seems like you only get the chained missions once and you keep getting the unchained missions until you obtain the corresponding named mission. So for example, for you will not get the Pyrestorm "clue" unchained mission since you arleady have that Minion.

The special adventure missions do not appear to be a requirement for anything at this point.

Did you kill and loot Pyrestorm in his normal spot?

*UPDATE* - Well have been killing Pyrestorm all day on multiple shards. Killed him 7 times so for and nothing. Considering its already a rare spawn to have this rare of a drop rate seems pretty harsh compared with how easy the other new minions were dropping. I wonder if perhaps its a random drop from any Rare named in Goboro Reef... that would seem more in line with the way the other ones work.
    Last edited by Winkell; 02-15-2015 at 04:15 PM.

Telaran

Just shard firsted
    Attachment 22252
    Did you have any special titles or food buffs on?

Killed him 10 times now and just the standard blue +53 hit junk.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Winkell View Post
    Did you have any special titles or food buffs on?

Killed him 10 times now and just the standard blue +53 hit junk.
    No on the first, doubtful on the second. I was just running around doing rare hunting and I happened upon Pyrestorm. Trying to remember more details but I don't think there's any relevant info.

(In NB/Sin, used fire/water elemental damage I guess? Killed in standard spot, maybe ~5s for the kill.)
    Avocados@Deepwood

Telaran

Considering its already a rare spawn to have this rare of a drop rate seems pretty harsh compared with how easy the other new minions were dropping. I wonder if perhaps its a random drop from any Rare named in Goboro Reef... that would seem more in line with the way the other ones work.
    I was thinking the same thing so just spent an hour or so running around to all the other rare spawn points in the reef. Killed 17 of them with nothing but salvage fodder to show for it. If it has been added to the loot table of all the rare mobs, its an annoyingly rare drop.

For what its worth, I had the pyrestorm minion mission running during a few of these kills. It made no difference.
    Last edited by Grixog; 02-15-2015 at 11:58 PM.
    Grixog - Guardian Warrior
    Linnaeya - Guardian Cleric

No on the first, doubtful on the second. I was just running around doing rare hunting and I happened upon Pyrestorm. Trying to remember more details but I don't think there's any relevant info.

(In NB/Sin, used fire/water elemental damage I guess? Killed in standard spot, maybe ~5s for the kill.)
    There are two spots, I take it you killed him near the (tasty) tar spot?
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

I just got Minon Card: Captain Quaq as a Event Zone reward. Directly in Rift Loot bag, not in a cache.

The zone event was the Leviathan in Tyrant Trone island.
    Last edited by Kunshi; 02-16-2015 at 06:56 AM. Reason: details

Telaran

Just shard firsted
    Attachment 22252
    Just realized Pyrestorm is a double primary according to your attachment. That is pretty lame considering how rare he appears to be...

Thanks so much for this database! You're awesome!

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by MickNico View Post
    There are two spots, I take it you killed him near the (tasty) tar spot?
    I used RareTracker, which only has the one spot ~4588, 7417.

Just realized Pyrestorm is a double primary according to your attachment. That is pretty lame considering how rare he appears to be...
    Pyrestorm, Una, C1-0N3 make it seem like a good chunk of the chain-related minions are dual profession/element (with Ionraic/Lil Reggie being normal element+profession).

EDIT:
    Quote Originally Posted by Kunshi View Post
    I just got Minon Card: Captain Quaq as a Event Zone reward. Directly in Rift Loot bag, not in a cache.

The zone event was the Leviathan in Tyrant Trone island.
    Can confirm, just got:

Minion Card Database-capture2.png
    Last edited by Avocados; 02-16-2015 at 08:29 AM.
    Avocados@Deepwood

General of Telara

I killed a Pyrestorm today and all I got was a grey item which seemed odd that I didn't at least get some armor drop.

the drop rate for Ionraic lil Reggie and Quaq is insane. Its very frustrating when those minions were clearly not in game when people were looking for them. I feel like we have to try all our ideas every week incase Trion decides to suddenly add them in.

Wait a minute...

If the Ionraic minion card comes from IA boxes, and me hearing "Great!" after killing Ionraic that one time was "no bug", then... why did I hear it?
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Telaran

I've killed Pyrestorm at both his locations over 20 times each and nothing but blue junk loot.

Has anyone else other than Avacados gotten a Pyrestorm Minion card?

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

I've killed Pyrestorm at both his locations over 20 times each and nothing but blue junk loot.

Has anyone else other than Avacados gotten a Pyrestorm Minion card?
    Yes, one of my guildies received one yesterday from killing him - and it was not a server first either (not on Laethys). According to him, he did nothing unusual and just looted the card from the corpse.
    Last edited by Golden; 02-18-2015 at 01:14 AM.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 39 FirstFirst ... 9 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 29 ... LastLast