+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast
Like Tree221Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minion Card Database

Telaran

Default Win over Orlan

Orlan is on the docks outside of Fortune's Shore in Shimmersand
    /setwaypoint 6627 6944
    Orlan is a <Fishmonger> Level 45 Humanoid
    Redina is a <Captain of the Flying Flounder> Level 45 Humanoid

I think the "Search for dragon tracks" one might be a clue for Orlan who is in Shimmersand. If true, I wonder if the attributes Water/Fish are a coincidence because Orlan is by the water and is a Fishmonger. If true, then perhaps the way to Win him over has to do with the attributes Air and Dimension.

If you click on Orlan he says, "I hope I get some good deals this week. I'm tired of having nothing to show for my hard work but a sunburn."

If you stand around, Orlan will start talking to a female captain named Redina.

Redina says, "Ahoy, Orlan! We have a hold full of Lake Solace trout! What's the going price today?"

Orlan responds, "Trout, eh? Well it salts well, so I suppose I can give you twenty gold for every five hundred pounds."

Redina responds, "That's quite a price Orlan. You should have started lower, now I know it's worth more. I'll take fifty gold."

Orlan responds, "Bah!! Redina, you know I can't afford that! I'll give you thirty gold for every five hundred pounds... and I'll take you to dinner, my treat!"

Redina responds, " Thirty will do. As for dinner... I'll think about it, Orlan."

If you click on Redina she says, "My ship may not be the best, but it is my own. We've been through a lot together over the years."

I wonder if maybe the way to win Orlan over is to get him a date with Redina...
    Last edited by Winkell; 02-10-2015 at 01:08 PM.

RIFT Fan Site Operator

Whoever came up with this new series has me hooked!

Thank you Marko for putting this database together plus the RiftGrate awesomeness and everyone contributing info

Quote Originally Posted by Winkell View Post
    snip
    But why would some random guy in Shimmersand be a minion?

There was an Orlan that was a quest NPC in Ember Isle. I think it's more likely that's the Orlan the minion refers to.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Crithappens View Post

There was an Orlan that was a quest NPC in Ember Isle. I think it's more likely that's the Orlan the minion refers to.

Makes sense. I was going off info previously posted. Do you have a location of "Orlan the Protector" I can only find info of him as being part of quest lines but not where he is actually located? A couple of sites claim he is in The Stranglewood area but ran around /tar Was he a rare spawn?

Makes sense. I was going off info previously posted. Do you have a location of "Orlan the Protector" I can only find info of him as being part of quest lines but not where he is actually located? A couple of sites claim he is in The Stranglewood area but ran around /tar Was he a rare spawn?
    He's a quest NPC. He only spawns from the quest. If the minion is him, it must have something to do with the area in which he spawns (The Stranglewood) rather than the NPC itself.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Heads up guys Pyrestorm has a buff/debuff that I am sure is needed for the minion to be rewarded it is simply called starvation (It did not have a tooltip) it last for 10minutes. I have as of yet been able to replicate since I first got it on the mob. I can confirm killing pyrestorm in the tar with the starvation effect is not correct use of it.

To my knowledge I did nothing out of the ordinary to trigger him applying the buff. It may simply be time based.
    Last edited by IonCannon; 02-10-2015 at 06:10 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    Heads up guys Pyrestorm has a buff/debuff that I am sure is needed for the minion to be rewarded it is simply called starvation (It did not have a tooltip) it last for 10minutes. I have as of yet been able to replicate since I first got it on the mob. I can confirm killing pyrestorm in the tar with the starvation effect is not correct use of it.

To my knowledge I did nothing out of the ordinary to trigger him applying the buff. It may simply be time based.
    That buff isn't unique to Pyrestorm. Many animal mobs will occasionally apply it to themselves. It has been in the game for as long as I can remember. You can see it a lot with the animals in Droughtlands.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

General of Telara

Nightmare Coast is a 3.0 expert and it takes place where Orlan is in the open world so I can kinda see why that would make sense.

As far as titles go I would think if a title is need for Ionraic I would say its the 1200 artifact achieve. They added a new fishing achieve this patch which might be used for Orlan.

I think some the ideas in the thread go beyond what the game is able to detect. I bet we need to find something like what they had for The Golden Devourer- an area in some random place that gives us a buff that can be used on the mobs.

That buff isn't unique to Pyrestorm. Many animal mobs will occasionally apply it to themselves. It has been in the game for as long as I can remember. You can see it a lot with the animals in Droughtlands.
    Do you know what triggers it? Considering the wording in the clue I would guess it may still be necessary. If only because it is not consistent like the mobs other buffs.

Edit: There is a counter buff to it called well-fed that will probably get the minion
    Last edited by IonCannon; 02-10-2015 at 06:33 PM.

IonCannon@Deepwood
    2 sugoi 4 u

Quote Originally Posted by IonCannon View Post
    Do you know what triggers it? Considering the wording in the clue I would guess it may still be necessary. If only because it is not consistent like the mobs other buffs.

Edit: There is a counter buff to it called well-fed that will probably get the minion
    Nothing triggers it to my knowledge. The animals will just either have one buff or the other. That well-fed buff is just as old and prevalent.
    Rahka@Wolfsbane

Soulwalker

Default New Minion

I got this from one of the IA boxes this afternoon (shard first on GB).
    Attached Images  

Telaran

Default Lil' Reggie

I got shard first for Lil' Reggie on Wolfsbane

Came out of NMR caches from uncommon, rare, and epic ones

Seemed to get him more from the lower level caches all told got about 12 of him from about 35 various caches.

Started out as 12/12 Stamina and Death/Diplomacy

Will get a pic later if someone else doesn't bet me too it ( at work)

Wondering if doing the missions are prereq or not. I have done the Lil Reggie mission multiple times.
    Last edited by Winkell; 02-11-2015 at 11:01 AM.

Did we just get trollolol'd by false clues in the adventures?
    Mirandiral@Greybriar
    Archon by trade. Live archon, learn archon, love archon!
    RoF 4/4, MS 5/5, TF 2/3

Soulwalker

Wondering if doing the missions are prereq or not.
    I have not done any of the missions and got the Ionraic card.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by Eorer View Post
    Did we just get trollolol'd by false clues in the adventures?
    Starting to look that way...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 26 ... LastLast