+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Minions Alert: Diplomacy Adventure Rewards Changes

1.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #1
    Rift Team

Default Minions Alert: Diplomacy Adventure Rewards Changes

Hi, folks!

For those of you who playing the Minions system, we're going to be reducing diplomacy adventure rewards somewhat. They were set too high.

I just wanted to give you all a heads-up, so this isn't a "stealth nerf."

Thanks for playing Minions!

Thanks for the head's-up. Quick question... I received my reward but am guessing the reputation is automatically applied? I got the usual items received but no items. Lol, I don't track my rep "that closely" but was assuming the rep was applied automatically as opposed to receiving an orb or something to click on.

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3
    Rift Team

Yes, it is automatically applied when you collect the reward loot.

You can see how much notoriety you're getting if you look in your Combat chat tab, too!

Quick question about minions in the ah. It seems that the show only useable when searching doesn't work for minions. The whole first two pages are always the 1p starting minions grossly overpriced .

5.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #5

A fix for this will be in the next patch.

Quote Originally Posted by Lufia5 View Post
    Quick question about minions in the ah. It seems that the show only useable when searching doesn't work for minions. The whole first two pages are always the 1p starting minions grossly overpriced .
    RIFT - User Interface Software Engineer

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Faratha View Post
    Yes, it is automatically applied when you collect the reward loot.

You can see how much notoriety you're getting if you look in your Combat chat tab, too!
    So if a minion rolls a full notoriety, is that just not gathered at all? Most short notoriety adventures are giving me ~10g and nothing else.

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #7
    Rift Team

You'll get a small amount of gold/plat in those cases where you would have been rewarded with faction that you already have maxed.

Default minion achievements

I am aware that minion cards can only be collected once per account but the 'minions collected ' achievement is per character.

Is this deliberate or will there be a fix?

9.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Rift Team

In truth-neither. It's currently unavoidable given the limitations of the achievement system (it was never built to consider account wide systems).

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiegemma View Post
    I am aware that minion cards can only be collected once per account but the 'minions collected ' achievement is per character.

Is this deliberate or will there be a fix?

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    In truth-neither. It's currently unavoidable given the limitations of the achievement system (it was never built to consider account wide systems).
    It's possible to hand out an item that comes in the mail when you get an achieve, right? Can you hand out a voucher for the account then, so they can turn them in at the store for that achievement (like the premium mounts: you buy it, you get one item in your mail, if unpacked you get a mount on all your toons)?

11.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #11
    Rift Team

The 'turn in at store' part is actually adding a third system to the mix that is also not designed for that sort of work: That system is made to indicate ownership, which we wouldn't be doing.

Honestly it'd be better in the long run to just sit down and make a system that interacts with achievements that enables some of them to be account based. I don't know when/if we'll get time for that however.

Quote Originally Posted by Faerugue View Post
    It's possible to hand out an item that comes in the mail when you get an achieve, right? Can you hand out a voucher for the account then, so they can turn them in at the store for that achievement (like the premium mounts: you buy it, you get one item in your mail, if unpacked you get a mount on all your toons)?

Quote Originally Posted by Snedhepl View Post
    The 'turn in at store' part is actually adding a third system to the mix that is also not designed for that sort of work: That system is made to indicate ownership, which we wouldn't be doing.

Honestly it'd be better in the long run to just sit down and make a system that interacts with achievements that enables some of them to be account based. I don't know when/if we'll get time for that however.
    Ok thanks for explaining this. Sad to hear but understandable.

13.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #13
    Rift Team

So it turns out I'm making myself a liar. We did manage a way, just for minions collected to be triggered on each character properly. We probably cannot do so for any of the other minion achievements, at least not yet, but on this one we can. It should be in next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Pixiegemma View Post
    Ok thanks for explaining this. Sad to hear but understandable.

I had 3 8 hour diplomacy adventures and each had only like 1.5 plat in them. I am maxed on some reps but could you add a 2-3 Marks of Noteriety, instead of plat, which would end up breaking down to 130-195 rep, could even do the number of marks based on the rating of the adventure. That way we still end up with rep from a rep adventure instead of plat. I just feel really scammed for a couple plat for an 8 hour mission.
    Last edited by TekBlk; 10-30-2014 at 01:28 PM.
    Rebooting initiated... Loading Crayons 2.0

On my main I have every notority maxed except the new ones and pvp. After I finish the new ones will I only get some little coins for all the notority adventures we have to do to get other ones? That would be a real waste of minion adventures since they are kept down via slots.

So I really like the suggestion from TekBlk to include marks for the daily notority quest. Or maybe some item that raises the ̶n̶̶o̶̶t̶̶o̶̶r̶̶i̶̶t̶̶y̶ experience of a minion a bit.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast