+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree84Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unstable Artifacts: Views, Opinions and Feedback

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    snip
    Any chance that Unstable Event occurance gets balanced out between NA and EU? Currently EU has 16! Unstable Events going on while NA has 3.

Considering that it is still kind of prime time for NA and like 6am for EU this seems incredibly silly and unfair to NA players.

Quote Originally Posted by Axarion View Post
    Any chance that Unstable Event occurance gets balanced out between NA and EU? Currently EU has 16! Unstable Events going on while NA has 3.

Considering that it is still kind of prime time for NA and like 6am for EU this seems incredibly silly and unfair to NA players.
    Prime time= high population other events than unstables have a higher chance to happen.
    6am = low population results in more unstables because these events are unaffected(it looks like this) by the population.
    PVP-servers have a lot of unstable events ;)

@Simon I found finally my error you couldn`t jump on the last "ladder" if you stand direct in front of it- I got up there now

So according to Dead Simon post after couple of tricky jumps i finaly got my unstable in dendrobe but it was only white , so ye go farm unstables if you want but im done with current state of unstable and bounty drops artifacts.

4.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #79
    Rift Team

A final note on the triggering of events and the respawning of the artifact themselves.

The triggering of events was pretty much answered by Soulshield.

Each event we create has a target number of players that are optimal for the event. The system tries to make sure that it is firing off events that fit that target. As has been deduced the number of players needed for an Unstable event is far lower that many of the other events. Thus they go up in frequency during lower population times.

As for artifact spawning. In each zone there are a large number of possible spawn points for artifacts and a percentage of these are up at any one time. When one gets harvested it opens up a slot for another to spawn. Some of you long time artifact hunters may have even experienced the instant respawn effect, that can on rare occasions happen when the node you just harvested gets picked as the new respawn point. What will tend to happen, more so with normal and twisted as they are constant rather than periodic, is that as the easy placements get harvested more than the hard placements, the artifacts tend to end up in those hard locations at a higher density as time goes on. Even more incentive to get to those out of the way areas if you haven't been having luck in the easier locations.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by pit81 View Post
    So according to Dead Simon post after couple of tricky jumps i finaly got my unstable in dendrobe but it was only white , so ye go farm unstables if you want but im done with current state of unstable and bounty drops artifacts.
    I got 3 epics today after hunting rare spots :P
    I know how frustrating it could be if you try to get an artifact for a few minutes and then only draw a white out of it

Also found a lot of artifacts with potion active which you had to "fish" out of the texture....you even couldn`t see the blue glow on some spots.

Rift Master

Quick clarification Simon: I'm assuming that relic artifacts (ie. the twisted artifact Best In Slot) follow the same rules as epics w/ respect to where the spawn, and just have a lower chance?

7.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #82
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Caldorian View Post
    Quick clarification Simon: I'm assuming that relic artifacts (ie. the twisted artifact Best In Slot) follow the same rules as epics w/ respect to where the spawn, and just have a lower chance?
    This particular artifact as well as the Epic Normal one in Rorf's other collection are actually just teases. They are not in fact that uncommon and spawn at the same rate as Rares.

As for artifacts that you find buried in rocks or other geo please do report these. Take a careful look to make sure you can't actually see them from any angle as some may at first look like they are inside a rock or other geo but are in fact under it in a little crack or something. But assuming you have found a legitimately bogus artifact then go ahead and submit a bug report. Please do a /loc first and include the location and which zone. I really do like fixing these. None are meant to be hokey but with well over 50,000 spawn locations I am sure there are still some I screwed up

Please do a /loc first and include the location and which zone.
    This is something that's confused me for a while. I've been told a couple different things by different people at Trion about how locs work in reports.

Some tell me I should include the zone and loc in the report. Some say it's automatically included among other bits of information.

This and what belongs in what category is pretty confusing. Such as whether artifact bugs belong in collections, world environment, zone I'm in (I assume it's this one), etc.

This particular artifact as well as the Epic Normal one in Rorf's other collection are actually just teases. They are not in fact that uncommon and spawn at the same rate as Rares.

As for artifacts that you find buried in rocks or other geo please do report these. Take a careful look to make sure you can't actually see them from any angle as some may at first look like they are inside a rock or other geo but are in fact under it in a little crack or something. But assuming you have found a legitimately bogus artifact then go ahead and submit a bug report. Please do a /loc first and include the location and which zone. I really do like fixing these. None are meant to be hokey but with well over 50,000 spawn locations I am sure there are still some I screwed up
    Curious as to the process. How do you place them? Are you placing them, then figuring out how to get to them, or are you getting places, then placing artifacts? Is there a UI for this?

... Man. I just got this idea. *Artifacts in dimensions.* Like, allow player dimensions to have quasi-artifacts that spawn and people can collect them.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Telaran

I have noticed a couple of artifacts that are IMPOSSIBLE to get in shimmer-sand, they are underneath the elevator tower at the camp i tried and tried for 3 hours to try and get them and i cannot find any way to get to them. some might be on top of the elevator where the npcs are but there was at least 3 that were under the ground and way out of reach for anyone to get. also one spawned near the port that wasn't reachable as well.
    Last edited by Sataanic; 03-11-2014 at 11:18 PM.

Champion of Telara Sargonnas_KoA's Avatar

After doing too many unstable events one thing has started to stand out for me that I do not like.

I dont believe the possibility of unstable events should be tied to any zone population at all. They should just be universally random so that every zone has the opportunity to pop at the same rate.

The problem Ive seen so far on Wolfsbane is the same few zones constantly start unstable events. Ive seen IPP and Stillmoor more than every other zone in the game put together.

With normal and twisted artifacts I can go to any zone at any time to try to collect them and complete sets. Unstables require a zone event, and some zones just don't really have them. Some of those unstables are also very rare purple or orange artifacts so now the odds of getting them become astronomically low since Im dependent upon a zone event that isn't happening to even have the chance to find any artifacts.

I know when Im at work im missing some things, but there have been days when I literally dont see anything, then at 2am when the population is low 3-4 unstable events will happen one after another, with IPP and Stillmoor always being among them. I shouldnt see Stillmoor 8 or 9 times and still not see other zones at all at this point.

Im not expecting to collect the artifacts in a day and like it that this will take some time, but I cant collect anything when the events dont happen and a couple of specific zones happen too much. Sure, I can look on the AH for stuff, but the costs for bounty and blue/purple/orange artifacts is beyond idiotic at this point. I want to enjoy doing the zone events and not get frustrated because I see Stillmoor yet again.

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #87
    Rift Team

I'll look into those Artifact in SS.

As for the bug reports , it is true a lot of information is automatically included such as location and zone. Which does mean that asking for zone info is probably redundant although it does make it a bit easier as I don't have to sift through all the auto generated data just to find the two bits of info I need. I ask for the /loc because a lot of people do not write up the bug at the location they find the issue. So unless you are actually standing on top of the artifact location when you write it up, the included loc is not much help. Putting it in the "zone I am in" section will be fine.

As for how I place these. It is primarily a thorough tour of the zone getting to crazy locations and then placing the spawn points. I do it in our in-house created authoring tool that a lot of our work gets done in. Occasionally I will want to put one somewhere that looks cool and will spend some time seeing if I can get there. Depending on the size of the zone it can take me anywhere from 1 - 3 days to cover a zone. It is not as efficient as some automated method, but I think it makes for a much better player experience so I am happy to do it.

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #88
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    ... Man. I just got this idea. *Artifacts in dimensions.* Like, allow player dimensions to have quasi-artifacts that spawn and people can collect them.
    We have talked about this very thing and it is something I am very interested in doing. It is just a question of doing it right. Making sure it is not exploitable, or just turns into a way to grief other players. But I do think it would be fun so it is certainly "on the list"... That list is long btw
    Last edited by Dead Simon; 03-12-2014 at 09:31 AM.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Sataanic View Post
    I have noticed a couple of artifacts that are IMPOSSIBLE to get in shimmer-sand, they are underneath the elevator tower at the camp i tried and tried for 3 hours to try and get them and i cannot find any way to get to them. some might be on top of the elevator where the npcs are but there was at least 3 that were under the ground and way out of reach for anyone to get. also one spawned near the port that wasn't reachable as well.
    Not sure if I'm thinking of the same ones that you are, but there were some *inside* of the tower (not inside of the terrain) that I am able to grab each event. However, those that haven't done the quest to get into the tower may have difficulty getting them

I haven't seen any in Shimmer that were stuck as far as I could tell, definitely a particularly tricky one I can think of but other than that...

We have talked about this very thing and it is something I am very interested in doing. It is just a question of doing it right. Making sure it is not exploitable, or just turns into a way to grief other players. But I do think it would be fun so it is certainly "on the list"... That list is long btw
    I would like something like that... like for example: Put 20 artifact type spawns in guild dimensions, and then have a sort of bank window where you can deposit items, and a set number of those items would get doled out random spawn points in the dimension... that way you could also use it for scavenger hunt kind of things. That way its not exploitable as far as artifacts go, since the only things available would be things that had to be obtained already beforehand.
    Soulraiser - 60 Cleric // Soulslayer - 60 Warrior // Soulshadow 60 Mage
    Faeblight NA
    http://www.dargaardknights.com
    Visit our recruiting thread HERE

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 20 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 16 ... LastLast