+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree83Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Unstable Artifacts: Views, Opinions and Feedback

Thanks for info and suggestions, so far it seems like drop ratio for another players is roughly the same as for me. I can understand if unstable sets meant to be rare and extraordinary, however total number of them somewhat undermines umpression of exclusiveness

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodite Rising View Post
    hehe, yea I looked again today.. I saw one single purple artifact *unstable* under 1K plat, the rest were from 2k plat to 10K plat.. just nuts.
    Planar nuts! Similar picture on Zaviel. Looks like some players trying to corner a market for unstable epics, with little success.

One thing however is that I am really glad they introduced this into the game and also they introduced the sorting of artifacts which was badly needed.. Kudos for that.

I do hope they look at the epics however and change whatever is best for everyone. It is a bit tilted right now is all
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #63
    Rift Team

I am going to take a look at the events and add a little something that should make them a little more fun and give you another way to get some of the rare artifacts. This is going to take a little time so bare with me on that. In other words don't hold your breath, but I will get to it.

In the mean time I am going to give you a tip. This is a bit of a spoiler on the way Artifact spawning works so if you don't want to know stop reading now.

There are 2 types of spawn point a Rare and a Common. The rare ones are almost always in either out of the way places, difficult to reach places or just outright dangerous places.

At the Common spawn points you have a chance of a Common, Uncommon or Rare artifact with diminishing percentages depending on the rarity. You will NEVER find an epic from a common spot.

From the Rare spawn points you have a chance of getting an Uncommon, Rare or Epic artifact, again with diminishing percentages based on rarity. You will NEVER find a common artifact at a rare spawn point.

In general there are about 20 - 25% as many Rare spawn points as Common ones and there is no discernible difference in game.

Also to directly answer a comment earlier about not being able to get the artifacts on the roofs of the houses in Stillmoor. I beg to differ as will I think most veteran artifact hunters. They are difficult and are exactly the kind of place you will find a higher percentage of rare spawn points. In fact I have been very careful to make sure ALL spots are in fact achievable, by every class and character with no special abilities needed other than sometimes a mount. I have fixed some as legitimate bugs are reported but 99% of the time the actual answer to a seemingly impossible artifact is "try harder" However please do still report if you think I am wrong, I would never be arrogant enough to think I didn't still have a few dodgy ones out there.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Back in the day, it was once reported that some artifacts might require a specific mount speed. I am wondering a couple of things:

1. Is that still true?
    2. What about people who have PA levels affecting mount speed, and/or scaling mounts?

I didn't realize how significant PA mount speed was until I was dual-boxing recently on characters who had significantly different PA trees, and discovered that, with both characters on 110% mounts, one of them could get out of following range of the other within 5-10 seconds.

FWIW, the last time I couldn't reach an artifact, it was a Twisted artifact in Droughtlands that was very high up on a wall, and I think I was told that one was actually a bug. Every other artifact I've seen in the last year or two, I've gotten. Eventually. ... Except I think there's one on a wall in Dendrome I've never managed.

I remain totally unsure whether I ought to be threatening to punch you or buy you drinks over the artifact placement in this game. I know there was a comment in a post a while back about data mining that suggested that players spend a great deal of time artifact-hunting, and I believe it. I have spent many happy hours hunting artifacts, and I continue to find it entertaining. Also the descriptions are often amazing and funny.

My only real complaint right now is text color in artifact tooltips. I would like the "right-click to collect" text not to be the same color as the green that indicates an artifact that can be collected.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by Dead Simon View Post
    In fact I have been very careful to make sure ALL spots are in fact achievable, by every class and character with no special abilities needed other than sometimes a mount.
    And sometimes a dose of dramamine

6.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #66
    Rift Team

The mount speeds that have gotten faster and faster have certainly had an effect. I actually keep a couple of the slower non scaling mounts on my artifact hunting character just for this purpose. This then give me a variety of jump distances I can make.

As for the UI feedback Seebs, I got your PM a few weeks back and they are good ideas. As you can imagine our list of UI improvements is long I will discuss this with our UI peeps though and see what it might take to squeeze something like this onto the list.

However please do still report if you think I am wrong, I would never be arrogant enough to think I didn't still have a few dodgy ones out there.
    Scarlet Gorge:4381,3385 there is spawn on the top of the whole construction and at least I can`t get on top there because the last timber you need to get up has a graphic wall from both sides....I understand it to be on the first side so you have to jump on the other side to jump back to the other side to get to the other side of timber, but there is also a graphical wall which don`t allow you to jump on it...you could try to jump diagonal on it....resulting most time to fall down again ._.

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

The mount speeds that have gotten faster and faster have certainly had an effect. I actually keep a couple of the slower non scaling mounts on my artifact hunting character just for this purpose. This then give me a variety of jump distances I can make.
    I would love to see some way to control this more precisely, like a way to toggle the PA speed buffs, or set your mount speed. Because sometimes I might want a particularly pretty scaling mount but to go at 110%...

I've thought about this a few times and established that even describing the UI for it is hard, let alone implementing it, but I'm sure it's a simple matter of programming.

(And sorry if the UI thing was redundant, I sort of thought I'd mentioned it but couldn't remember where or when.)
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Rift Master

Also to directly answer a comment earlier about not being able to get the artifacts on the roofs of the houses in Stillmoor. I beg to differ as will I think most veteran artifact hunters. They are difficult and are exactly the kind of place you will find a higher percentage of rare spawn points. In fact I have been very careful to make sure ALL spots are in fact achievable, by every class and character with no special abilities needed other than sometimes a mount. I have fixed some as legitimate bugs are reported but 99% of the time the actual answer to a seemingly impossible artifact is "try harder" However please do still report if you think I am wrong, I would never be arrogant enough to think I didn't still have a few dodgy ones out there.
    I did find one spot in Pelladane that for 15 mins of the timer I tried every angle to run, jump, use pet, etc to get to and can't. At the guardian starting point with the shipwrecks, there is a broken boat against a rock outcropping north of the green portal. This morning I tried to get it, it's not in the middle "crack" between the rocks, but literally at the very top of the very highest point of rock in that spot. Wish I would have gotten a pic for you, but after spending 15 mins, I didn't want to waste a potion so I went off looking for more spots.
    Last edited by FyrrePower; 03-10-2014 at 01:13 PM.

Also to directly answer a comment earlier about not being able to get the artifacts on the roofs of the houses in Stillmoor. I beg to differ as will I think most veteran artifact hunters. They are difficult and are exactly the kind of place you will find a higher percentage of rare spawn points.
    The worst thing is when you get somewhere really tricky to get to and there are no artifacts
    Noco@Wolfsbane

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    I did find one spot in Pelladane that for 15 mins of the timer I tried every angle to run, jump, use pet, etc to get to and can't. At the guardian starting point with the shipwrecks, there is a broken boat against a rock outcropping north of the green portal. This morning I tried to get it, it's not in the middle "crack" between the rocks, but literally at the very top of the very highest point of rock in that spot. Wish I would have gotten a pic for you, but after spending 15 mins, I didn't want to waste a potion so I went off looking for more spots.
    There are some that are just dumb-luck-based in terms of getting to them. I've found that trying different speed mounts can help quite a bit with some of the jumps, but oftentimes they're simply not worth the effort. Why spend ten minutes to get an artifact that might (but probably won't) be a blue when you can run around elsewhere and pick up 20-30 other artifacts?
    Noco@Wolfsbane

12.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #72
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by Soulshield View Post
    Scarlet Gorge:4381,3385 there is spawn on the top of the whole construction and at least I can`t get on top there because the last timber you need to get up has a graphic wall from both sides....I understand it to be on the first side so you have to jump on the other side to jump back to the other side to get to the other side of timber, but there is also a graphical wall which don`t allow you to jump on it...you could try to jump diagonal on it....resulting most time to fall down again ._.
    This is quite possible. Not going to pretend it is easy, it is not.

I start at 4358 955 3405 and go up the diagonal plank. I then jump to my left into the structure onto the horizontal plank.

Then very carefully edge my way back towards the diagonal plank above the first. You can hop over the second diagonal plank onto the protruding part of the plank you are on, to then climb that next diagonal one.

Then get onto the protruding part of the horizontal plank that is just about directly over where you first started on the ground.

You then need to jump across to the equivalent plank on the far side. This is hard but in general tapping jump and forward at the same time does it.

You can then get up the final diagonal plank. Be careful with the last jump onto the platform. I can't tell you how many times I gotten careless at that point and fallen with the shiny within my grasp.

And just FYI this IS a rare spawn location so if there is a blue shiny up there in the event you have a chance that it is an epic

13.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #73
    Rift Team

Quote Originally Posted by FyrrePower View Post
    I am not sure which one you mean here. I did go and check all the spawn locations on those boats, there are several. All of them are achievable. However it sounds like the artifact you are talking about is on a rock. But there are no artifacts on those rocks so in the absence of a screenshot or loc I can't help more than that.

Thanks for all this info Simon. Btw, is there a scheduled timer to reset the *unstables* during the event or do just some spawn at the same location off some random timer? I have noticed a few such as in say...Gloamwood down at the bottom near the dungeon entrance and also along the cliff walls in Stonefield. Thanks.
    OneButton (Half-way now to becoming a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "One button raid member of GraySkull"

Rift Disciple

Just out of curiosity, since it does apply to Unstables, but happens more with normal and Twisted artifacts, are some supposed to be buried inside rocks? I mean, sometimes fully inside, with just a few little spots drifting up to show their location? It's fine if they are (you can still find them with tracking, and maybe without once you know where they are), but if this is something I should be reporting, I'd like to know.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 20 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 15 ... LastLast