+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Quest Issue - Morban A Deeper Sleep

Default Quest Issue - Morban A Deeper Sleep

I tried this quest 4 times. I placed the bomb, pacified the 4 shapers as the beams from them to the Nexus crystal went yellow and, the crystal never blew up. I got credit for placing the bomb and pacifying shapers but not for blowing up the Nexus Crystal.

Id this quest bugged or, am I making a mistake, or is my higher latency connection simply preventing me from doing this one?

Also does anyone know if I kill the shapers, will the crystal then blow up if they are not there?

Ascendant

I don't know but I did this quest just a few days ago on a high latency connection and it worked fine for me
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

Here's how it works as far as I can recall:
    • Placing a bomb will begin to activate the Shapers.
    • When a beam turns yellow, it means the Shaper is getting ready to disarm the bomb.
    • When a beam turns red, it means the Shaper is close to disarming the bomb.
    • You need to calm them down/put-them-to-sleep/whatever as soon as their beam turns Red. Wait too long and they disarm the bomb.
    • If you are successful, their beam should turn Green.

After all 4 beams are Green, the Bomb will successfully explode; otherwise it gets disarmed.
    Last edited by Jonus; 01-11-2014 at 12:57 PM.

Yes, I can see that but, for me it's impossible to get them all to stay green. Place bomb, pacify on yellow beams, or red so beam goes green again but, the bomb never explodes.

I had to get help, it takes two players pacifying to get the bomb to explode and even then 2-4 times placing the bomb to get one explosion.

Either the bomb need to last longer or, the quest needs noted 2 player (not a bad idea given the rift you have to close next anyway.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Kadeth View Post
    Yes, I can see that but, for me it's impossible to get them all to stay green. Place bomb, pacify on yellow beams, or red so beam goes green again but, the bomb never explodes.

I had to get help, it takes two players pacifying to get the bomb to explode and even then 2-4 times placing the bomb to get one explosion.

Either the bomb need to last longer or, the quest needs noted 2 player (not a bad idea given the rift you have to close next anyway.
    You don't have to keep them green, you just can't let them go past red. And the rift is solo-able at level 55 - I did it and I'm not THAT good...

Default "miniguide"

Sorry for reviving a "dead topic".

Well i recently had to deal with this quest (which was really frustrating at 1st), but here's what i can share and maybe help someone solo it:

1. Once you place the bomb on the crystal, move back a little bit, so all of the Shapers are in sight. (You might want to tilt your camera a bit too).
    2. Have your TAB button ready to target cycle through them (which is a must).
    3. Place your mouse over the pacification action button/icon and do so you can recast it quickly when you target a new Shaper.
    Last edited by Rakuda88; 12-28-2015 at 01:04 PM.

Soulwalker

This worked perfectly!! Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Jonus View Post
    Here's how it works as far as I can recall:
    • Placing a bomb will begin to activate the Shapers.
    • When a beam turns yellow, it means the Shaper is getting ready to disarm the bomb.
    • When a beam turns red, it means the Shaper is close to disarming the bomb.
    • You need to calm them down/put-them-to-sleep/whatever as soon as their beam turns Red. Wait too long and they disarm the bomb.
    • If you are successful, their beam should turn Green.

After all 4 beams are Green, the Bomb will successfully explode; otherwise it gets disarmed.

Soulwalker

Thumbs up Adding on to this excellent tip

Quote Originally Posted by Rakuda88 View Post
    Sorry for reviving a "dead topic".

Well i recently had to deal with this quest (which was really frustrating at 1st), but here's what i can share and maybe help someone solo it:

1. Once you place the bomb on the crystal, move back a little bit, so all of the Shapers are in sight. (You might want to tilt your camera a bit too).
    2. Have your TAB button ready to target cycle through them (which is a must).
    3. Place your mouse over the pacification action button/icon and do so you can recast it quickly when you target a new Shaper.
    OK, all of this, plus DO NOT pacify during the Green phase at all, not even during the first half of the orange phase. The pacification ONLY matters when it is done during the RED phase! So you can start near the end of the orange, so the pacification is going when the red starts.
    2ndly - you can tab to your next target while the pacification beam is going. This makes it ready to go when you can cast again.

Once you realise you can tab to next, and only go for the late orange/red phases, this can be done without your head exploding.

Soulwalker

Default Thank you! :)

Getting an explanation for how to do this successfully was awesome. I was pacifying before placing the bomb, which didn't work. I was about to give up on this quest, believing it must be broken, but thought I'd try the forums. This solved my issue: put the pacify icon on one my "1" key, place bomb, then pacify easily by just pressing 1 and targeting each mob. Worked like a charm!! YAY!

+ Reply to Thread