+ Reply to Thread

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: instant adventure bug?

Soulwalker

Default instant adventure bug?

Whenever I get a "protect this thing" kind of adventure, an absurd amount of mobs appear. Way too big for the kind of raid I'm usually in. We wipe 9 out of 10 times. Is this a bug?

No, those quests were designed with the idea that a typical IA has 10-15 people available, so can fight them easily. However, lately, some of the IA's are simply not getting the numbers needed to successfully do those quests.

Rift Master

I think the actual root problem isn't an issue with a normal IA being 10-15 of people, as IA's are always scaled to number of people in the raid. The problem I always see is 1/2 of the people are AFK and not there to protect the warpstone/npc. If you have a full 20 people like it happened to me this morning in an IA and I had tons of mobs inbound, but only 10 people at the center, it became very hard to protect. With the new artifacts/yule events, the issue is worse now as people are either AFK or running around seeing if they have any artifacts they can find and not doing the actual IA.

I agree, the Yule artifacts make IA's terrible. I think too many don't know that you do not actually have to be in the IA to get the artifacts. If they did maybe they would either play the IA or hunt artifacts not try to get artifacts while doing the IA.

And from a recent Tacitus post, the special artifacts tied to the IA bosses are tagged to people in the IA group, so you do have to be in the IA for some of them.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

6.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #6
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    And from a recent Tacitus post, the special artifacts tied to the IA bosses are tagged to people in the IA group, so you do have to be in the IA for some of them.
    No, that would be some confusion there - the Fae Yule artifacts are there for anyone to loot for a full 90 minutes, so there is no reason to stay in an IA group to go hunt artifacts.

The other question I answered was about the rare spawning artifact dropping mobs in IA. THOSE are tagged to the adventuring group to prevent poaching.
    An Interested Observer
    #WontBeErased

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

A recent issue that I've seen here in the past week is that people are joining these IA groups... porting in from elsewhere/other shards... then running off to do nearby hunt rifts or unrelated things that aren't IA's - much of the time, never participating in the IA. Which is causing the 'item required' count or a 'kill count' to become skewed in the amount required. Sure they'll be booted after a time of non-participation, that's not exactly my point.

Would it be possible at some point to put in something like the Dueling Range notification, but it would say something along the lines of "You are close to leaving the Instant Adventure area. Return to your Instant Adventure group or you will be removed." Essentially, that would be shown once a player gets outside of the general IA "circle" by 75 meters.
    --BC

Rift Master

There is already a radius limit. I tested that out today. IA was at the Christmas cart killing the boss mob, and I ran down the path. By the time I reached the next wardstone, it automatically broke me out of the IA and asked if I wanted to port back to original server. So the radius isn't very large at all IMHO.

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Would it be possible at some point to put in something like the Dueling Range notification, but it would say something along the lines of "You are close to leaving the Instant Adventure area. Return to your Instant Adventure group or you will be removed." Essentially, that would be shown once a player gets outside of the general IA "circle" by 75 meters.
    One issue I would see with this is like yesterday when I was doing IA's for roughly 4 hours straight, had to take a break for about 10 minutes to grab food, drink, etc. I did tell my group that I was going afk for a bit, nobody minded (several had been there almost as long as I had). But if there was a system of automatic removal because of not staying in proximity, I'd have been removed from my group.
    Now it is easy to say well just leave and get another group, but as anyone that does IA's often knows, not all IA groups are equal, and if you get a good one, you stay. Thus this would create the dilemma of "do I go afk a few and attend to RL needs, or do I just stay cos it's a good group foregoing those needs?"

Quote Originally Posted by Kovn View Post
    Whenever I get a "protect this thing" kind of adventure, an absurd amount of mobs appear. Way too big for the kind of raid I'm usually in. We wipe 9 out of 10 times. Is this a bug?
    They are depending on the size /rolls of the groups. I did the Fae Yule defend thing with 1 other player. We were both level 14. All you need is AOE attacks and some minor heals
    A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will say: we did it ourselves. -Lao Tzu

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    No, that would be some confusion there - the Fae Yule artifacts are there for anyone to loot for a full 90 minutes, so there is no reason to stay in an IA group to go hunt artifacts.
    Well, actually, that's not entirely true. Given the way joining IAs currently works, there is no easy way to start an IA group on your server (that I know of, anyway). So if I'm on Faeblight (as I am right now), and there are no IA groups running IAs on my server (which there aren't), my only option for getting the Yule artifacts (that I can see) is to join an off-server IA group, and hunt artifacts there.

I'd love to hear if it's possible to start a group locally to deal with this, but if it's possible, the how is not easy to see (short of getting 20 people into a Raid and starting IAs, anyway).

+ Reply to Thread