+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree3Likes
  • 3 Post By Tacitus

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Ascended Lesser Signet Token ~ useless for me

Default Ascended Lesser Signet Token ~ useless for me

I cannot believe we got these Ascended Lesser Signet Tokens for stuff level 15. I have a lvl 60 Cleric and lvl 43 Mage...cannot even use these things.

Why on earth were we provided something so useless? I can't even vendor/sell them either.

Obviously someone did not think ahead about those of us with higher level characters. Neither of my characters can use them.

Who ever made this decision really should have made the decision to provide something level appropriate. All I can do is destroy them... silly wasteful decision.

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Not at all - we have a few ways to send in-game mail. The simplest and most certain is do so through an achievement.

We want all level 15 players going forward to get this reward. We created an achievement triggered by reaching level 15. Since you are well past 15, you also qualify for having reached that achievement, and the achievement is retroactively applied to you - and hence you received the mail.

Does it create an amusing, but completely harmless, one-time oddity where high level players will get something not useful to them? Yes. But going forward from now on, all players will get this appropriate reward when they hit level 15, and that was the goal.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    Not at all - we have a few ways to send in-game mail. The simplest and most certain is do so through an achievement.

We want all level 15 players going forward to get this reward. We created an achievement triggered by reaching level 15. Since you are well past 15, you also qualify for having reached that achievement, and the achievement is retroactively applied to you - and hence you received the mail.

Does it create an amusing, but completely harmless, one-time oddity where high level players will get something not useful to them? Yes. But going forward from now on, all players will get this appropriate reward when they hit level 15, and that was the goal.
    Well, the achievement is fine...but seems useless to provide something I could have used way back when, but not now. I can't even vendor or runebreak it....not amused by it as it seems wasteful.

For Higher level characters I would have found it amusing to have gotten a companion of some sort instead of a token for a ring I cannot use. At least I could have enjoyed a companion out...and they are definitely amusing.
    Last edited by lynspottery; 09-18-2013 at 08:52 PM.

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by lynspottery View Post
    Well, the achievement is fine...but seems useless to provide something I could have used way back when, but not now. I can't even vendor or runebreak it....not amused by it as it seems wasteful.

For Higher level characters I would have found it amusing to have gotten a companion of some sort instead of a token for a ring I cannot use. At least I could have enjoyed a companion out...and they are definitely amusing.
    Small thing I accidentally found. If you equip the ring and unequip it, you can vendor it for 2 gold and 68 silver. It's at least a free 2 gold and 68 silver.

I can't even vendor or runebreak it....not amused by it as it seems wasteful.
    Wasteful indeed, especially with that chronic shortage of pixels at the moment

Artificers can use them though, I got two whole metallic bits from mine!

Am I the only one who wants to keep it for posterity? =P

Quote Originally Posted by Kriptini View Post
    Am I the only one who wants to keep it for posterity? =P
    I'm somewhat with you, but I'll likely toss it.

OP, this is basically just a tease into the Trophies section of the store. While sure, it's kinda for you, it's primarily for new players who have reached Lv 15 without even visiting the store (as there is no NEED to by design).

Consider it like the free sample in the grocers. Since you're already uber rich and buy all you want anyway, that free sample means nothing to you. For a Lv 15, it's one of the better pieces you can get, but not at such a high level that it matters at all for most players.
    Maeloda ~ Defiant Kelari Male Rogue ~ Level 61 (Goboro Reef) ~ Faeblight ~ Prismatic Legion
    Classic Rift 29/44 (RoS*) ||| FT 0/4, TotSQ 4/4, EE 0/5, I-DH 0/4 || GA 0/4, TIG 0/3, PBB 0/5 ||| BOB 0/4 ||| Mount Sharax 0/4, The Rhen of Fate 0/4
    * = Conqueror

I appreciate all of your statements...especially appreciate that I was not trolled or flamed on this. I am a patron so I pay a monthly fee for my gaming and whenever I get an achievement I am very happy about that. I am not OCPD but just like to finish things I start.

However, that said, I do appreciate Rift offering another achievement to our current listing. I just think it is silly to provide a reward to those who are way past the level requirement of said achievement. At level 15 we appreciate anything we get that helps our characters move forward. We tend to replace such rewards so quickly that any item may be valid for about a level or two before becoming obsolete.

Personally, I would have preferred maybe something that I could enjoy more like perhaps a small companion to run around with. We get some of those for completing certain achievements already, so why not this one? Now these types of pixels I can enjoy.

Soulwalker

I appreciate all of your statements...especially appreciate that I was not trolled or flamed on this. I am a patron so I pay a monthly fee for my gaming and whenever I get an achievement I am very happy about that. I am not OCPD but just like to finish things I start.

However, that said, I do appreciate Rift offering another achievement to our current listing. I just think it is silly to provide a reward to those who are way past the level requirement of said achievement. At level 15 we appreciate anything we get that helps our characters move forward. We tend to replace such rewards so quickly that any item may be valid for about a level or two before becoming obsolete.

Personally, I would have preferred maybe something that I could enjoy more like perhaps a small companion to run around with. We get some of those for completing certain achievements already, so why not this one? Now these types of pixels I can enjoy.
    Yeah when I first saw this in my mail I briefly worried it was a one time thing only for whoever gets to it first, and only with those level 10 rings. I was like.. "Oh... good. I got a random thing for a ring I would have loved to get earlier."

The achievement isn't for you. Sure, you 'get it', but it's meant for new players. Just ..move on?
    Maeloda ~ Defiant Kelari Male Rogue ~ Level 61 (Goboro Reef) ~ Faeblight ~ Prismatic Legion
    Classic Rift 29/44 (RoS*) ||| FT 0/4, TotSQ 4/4, EE 0/5, I-DH 0/4 || GA 0/4, TIG 0/3, PBB 0/5 ||| BOB 0/4 ||| Mount Sharax 0/4, The Rhen of Fate 0/4
    * = Conqueror

...so true.... (moving on....lalalalala...)

+ Reply to Thread