+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Fragment of Kaaz'ra event... it needs a change or something

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Default Fragment of Kaaz'ra event... it needs a change or something

So, I am sitting here on the hailol shard... looking at the Fragment of Kaaz'Ra zone event. This event really needs a retune on the starting phases.

- HP on the "Roe of Kaaz'Ra Foothold" needs to scale much less when there is a much lower population on the shard/zone.
    - The initial adds that are active... swarm in droves and appear to not respect Anti-planar/holy champion being active. So it's the full on damage once you attack a Roe/Foothold.
    - Adds that appear to spawn every 10% from the five individual footholds need to have their damage retuned.

It just feels the overall damage for this event is a bit too high for the general level of the ashora zone.

When I jump to multiple shards during the evening/morning hours on the Deepwood cluster, and see no one participating in it, or even wanting to remotely participate in it, that's concerning enough that this event is not worth the effort. Making note, this event lasts for an hour and 20 minutes - and i see no one even remotely poking with it 30 to 45 minutes into this zone events duration, is very worrisome.

I'm not asking for it to be soloable, i'm just asking for some of the damage to be tuned down or the population of NPC's around in the vicinity to be slightly reduced.
    --BC

Plane Touched

I think cut the health of the Roe and the sub-bosses that spawn when the Roe are killed in half, leave the last boss the same. Then it'd be doable. As it is, it's just the most tedious thing ever and then it fails. :/

3.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #3

Red face

Hey guys,

Let me talk to the team so we can remove the suck and put in the fun.

Thank you for the feedback!

4.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #4

Just a quick follow-up on this:

We've made some changes to the NPCs that spawn out of the Roe of Kaaz'Ra so they are far less punishing and have less hitpoints, making them less of a death sentence if you pick-up aggro.

Across the board we've brought the hitpoints of all the Colossi that spawn during the event down to much more reasonable levels to allow for ease of completion.

Last but not least, the hitpoints on the Roe of Kaaz'Ra have also been reduced to a far lower number.

These changes coupled with the rewards on the event and the (new) time it takes to complete, should make this a much better Risk vs Reward for those of you that have been avoiding it because of the unintentional difficulty.

You should see these fixes in the next scheduled patch.

Thank you very much for your patience!

-Mort

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Thanks for the updates, looking forward to getting this event completed in full now!
    --BC

The changes to this might be to little to late. I have tried to get this event done since it came up and only one time did I find a raid there that end up giving up due to lack of time left. Now when I go to check if a group is there whenever its up no one is there. It's a fail event. People don't go near it anymore.
    Mickdayblind NA Defiant

Default doable??

Small /bump ...

Was just wondering...has anyone ever completed this thing sofar?

All the attempts I have been in ended in massive deaths,and failure...but not sure if any were after the changes...

Is it even worth trying atm?

Ascendant

After the changes it is absolutely doable - I ran into the event with a twink two weeks ago, there where only 18 people engaged, and we finished it without a wipe at all. Only problem is that it still takes very long to complete, plus it's hard to find people who are willing to do it. I suppose this is because nobody who did it pre-nerf will ever do this event again

I ran it a couple of weeks ago oand I'll be honest. The only reason why I completed it was to do that daily quest in Ashora where you're meant to kill 100 architects. Even then, well, due to the fact the quest just about completed with just two colossi to go it shows how the event is. It was iirc a raid of around 15-16 people, some left and joined so not necessarily the same people. and it still look over an hour on a fairly populated shared, too.

The problem is I think people want events like the Dendrome hunt ones. You get quick, fast and clear stages and the whole thing takes less than 30 minutes. The Kaaz'ra one really feels like wading through fudge, and I felt a masochist for staying that long. I don't see anything wrong with making world events challenging, but this is still flat out boring. I can't think of anyone in their right minds who want to sit there for an hour killing well over 100 elite architects where stones etc could be best earned elsewhere.

This might seem a bit negative but...yeah. It's probably something I'll avoid too from now on.

Rift Chaser

I tanked this event in its true form as a warlord i didnt find any issue with it apart from it took longer than other events ...... oh a little lie the eggs had to much hp but thats it

Shadowlander

To necro this thread, is this event no longer in game?

Following a bout of eternal weapon zone event farming, this is one of the few zone event achieves I am missing. However, searching the last month of rift zone announcements on discord, I don't see it having popped once in europe or na? Or does it operate under an alias or with a trigger?

(And I'm referring to a zone event in Ashora, not the zone boss in Dendrome. I think).

Fragment of Kaaz'Ra has not run since December 9, 2015 (!)

Shadowlander

Yikes!

Devs, could you move the achievement to legacy so that it doesn't taunt me? (or feel free to re-enable the event -- what could go wrong...)

edit was thinking about world boss
    Last edited by Boase; 07-05-2017 at 07:44 AM.
    T for Trinity
    42k Achievement Points Club
    I has stream https://www.twitch.tv/boase Add me on GW2 Boase.6204 or Bnet Boase!#1862

oh my
    Im waiting 2 years for that event
    in Ashora
    and in Dendrome

both zones have achivement with boss from that event

never saw...
    some time ago I was searching on forum and last info was from 2013

i wrote few times in bug report or to gm, no change
    Last edited by TankGirl; 07-05-2017 at 03:12 PM.
    Ascend A Friend Join me in RIFT http://bit.ly/1jS6dt2
    or if you already there, redeem this code - CEWPH7C3NH2TDNQH29Z3
    receive presents + 28slot bags and a mount for a good beginning
    | WTS/WTT (EU) Bounty/Unstable arts |
    guild Wiewiorki Chaosu'@Typhiria

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast