+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: The Saga of the Endless: On the Shores of Freemarch (quest missing?)

Default The Saga of the Endless: On the Shores of Freemarch (quest missing?)

Hello! First of all, note that I've searched like a madman on the forums, google etc and nothing actually helped. Problem is simple: the NPC (Asha Catari) is just blank....she just doesn't give the quest.

* I have found the quest near the bridge to Silverwood, handed it in to her and then nothing.
    * I've completed my race quest. (Eth)

Please help! Thanks.
    Last edited by Raducu; 07-29-2013 at 05:05 AM.

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

I know you said you've Googled it and such, throw a check over the quests here again, just in case you missed a step

http://rift.zam.com/wiki/The_Saga_of...uest_Series%29

http://www.kfguides.com/rift/sagaoftheendless.php

I've already checked both of these 2 sites. Problem is I dont actually manage to get the FIRST quest, in order to start it. (except the prerequisite race quest, which i've completed)

Ascendant

You are at least level 15, right?

I am lvl 33

Ascendant

Okay, strike one theory.

So when you interact with Catari, does she respond at all?

She does. She has 3 chat options. But no quest.

8.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #8
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Hmmm... It appears no release note was created for the change, but the quest has been moved off of Asha in the command center and can now be found at the top of Orphiel's Spire in Meridian.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Ascendant

Ah, yet another dumb-down .. er, sorry, 'streamline' .. because it was so hard for new players to have to go to two NPC locations?

It made game sense for her to have it, the new giver isn't.
    Last edited by Kerin; 07-29-2013 at 08:19 AM.

10.   Click here to go to the next Rift Team post in this thread.   #10
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kerin View Post
    Ah, yet another dumb-down .. er, sorry, 'streamline' .. because it was so hard for new players to have to go to two NPC locations?

It made game sense for her to have it, the new giver isn't.
    No, it is NOT a dumb down and it most certainly is NOT a streamline. It is a speed BUMP, deliberately so.

Bottom line is that the Death Saga (and Water Saga to a lesser degree) are scripting wise fragile questlines badly tuned and prone to breakage. In the old flow, almost everyone playing Defiant and new to the game gets sent to Asha and grabs this quest line out of reflex. And for many players, new to the game, to get railroaded onto this often broken, often poorly tuned chain is a poor experience.

I want to fix the Death Saga (and Water), but to do so will take a surprisingly large amount of time. Which left me with two options - remove it for now, or move it off the Asha and off the beaten path so that those that wanted to do the Saga could, but more casual players wouldn't just coast right onto the chain so easily. I opted for for option two, and had someone on the team make the change a week ago.

Eventually, I want to not just fix, but improve the Sagas. I am trying to find where I carve a not insignificant amount of time out of the schedule to make this happen. And when I managed to make that happen, I will unbury the quest giver and get the Saga featured more prominently again.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

Champion

I think what Tacitus is trying to diplomatically say is back off and don't be a jerk. ;P
    I for one welcome my new F2P Overlords

Ascendant

Huh. That's the closest I've ever heard Tac' to sounding annoyed.

Though I think I can agree to an extent for the Life/Death Sagas; the difficulty is a little all over the place, the Freemarch set of quests in particular, and it's oft quite unclear what the player is supposed to do. Not to mention prone to breakage.

I don't remember ever encountering any issues for the Water Saga though (Defiant version at least). Still my favourite quest series in Rift.
    Last edited by Kedon; 07-29-2013 at 09:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kedon View Post
    Huh. That's the closest I've ever heard Tac' to sounding annoyed.

Though I think I can agree to an extent for the Life/Death Sagas; the difficulty is a little all over the place, the Freemarch set of quests in particular, and it's oft quite unclear what the player is supposed to do. Not to mention prone to breakage.

I don't remember ever encountering any issues for the Water Saga though (Defiant version at least). Still my favourite quest series in Rift.
    When it was first released a lot of stages were broken. A lot of script issues. If I recall correctly they fixed them pretty quickly; like the next hotfix kind of quick. I've only ever done the water saga once, so I'm not sure what issues remain

*butts in*

More Sagas!!! Bye.
    Maeloda ~ Defiant Kelari Male Rogue ~ Level 61 (Goboro Reef) ~ Faeblight ~ Prismatic Legion
    Classic Rift 29/44 (RoS*) ||| FT 0/4, TotSQ 4/4, EE 0/5, I-DH 0/4 || GA 0/4, TIG 0/3, PBB 0/5 ||| BOB 0/4 ||| Mount Sharax 0/4, The Rhen of Fate 0/4
    * = Conqueror

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    No, it is NOT a dumb down and it most certainly is NOT a streamline. It is a speed BUMP, deliberately so.

Bottom line is that the Death Saga (and Water Saga to a lesser degree) are scripting wise fragile questlines badly tuned and prone to breakage. In the old flow, almost everyone playing Defiant and new to the game gets sent to Asha and grabs this quest line out of reflex. And for many players, new to the game, to get railroaded onto this often broken, often poorly tuned chain is a poor experience.

I want to fix the Death Saga (and Water), but to do so will take a surprisingly large amount of time. Which left me with two options - remove it for now, or move it off the Asha and off the beaten path so that those that wanted to do the Saga could, but more casual players wouldn't just coast right onto the chain so easily. I opted for for option two, and had someone on the team make the change a week ago.

Eventually, I want to not just fix, but improve the Sagas. I am trying to find where I carve a not insignificant amount of time out of the schedule to make this happen. And when I managed to make that happen, I will unbury the quest giver and get the Saga featured more prominently again.
    Just some thoughts:

I've never actually done the early sagas. I mean, I've started them, but not finished them. They're a lot easier now than they were at launch -- I remember watching level 40 characters trying to help with shade anchors getting themselves killed, which was hilarious.

And the thing is, I never got around to them because I'd eventually get to a stage where I needed a group for an instance, and then the quest would go grey, and I'd forget. But at some point, I will totally go back and do these. Mentoring, more people I know who like doing old stuff just to see it... It'll happen.

But I really love the saga quests existing, because I think Rift's quests are at their best when there are long, involved, chains with ongoing story line. I like the Kira/Uriel and Adriana Weaver chains a lot, and I've quite liked the parts of Scotty's chain I've gotten to as well. There is some lovely writing in there, and I am glad to hear that it's going to, some day, get some cleanup and some attention.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast