+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Super Charger Quest: How to Guide

Shadowlander

Default Super Charger Quest: How to Guide

1. This map: https://imageshack.us/a/img9/3114/ieor.jpg is the only thing right.

2. When you go to 1 spot, leave immediately if it's not there and check the next. Here's how it works: As soon as 1 gets used, it spawns at the next location, which is random. If you get to one and see positive, the next one that spawns will be negative. Use the OPPOSITE charge on the one you find, IE if you find a positive, use the negative to be launched up onto it. Jump while being launched and do it at a further distance, don't stand right under it.

It's best to do this with a team working together. You can always see them so if someone completes the quest, you can still find them for your friends.

Happy Hunting.

Thank you!!!
    Maeloda ~ Defiant Kelari Male Rogue ~ Level 61 (Goboro Reef) ~ Faeblight ~ Prismatic Legion
    Classic Rift 29/44 (RoS*) ||| FT 0/4, TotSQ 4/4, EE 0/5, I-DH 0/4 || GA 0/4, TIG 0/3, PBB 0/5 ||| BOB 0/4 ||| Mount Sharax 0/4, The Rhen of Fate 0/4
    * = Conqueror

Soulwalker

So a question...
    The platform can either be negative or positive....?
    It cannot be both?... because I've got a negative charge, and when I try to see the charge now it does not show me anything.... so its like luck based now.... sometimes i click positive charge get kicked, sometimes i click negative and still get kicked....

Soulwalker

spent 3 days chasing for this stupid quest,platform that random spawns at one of random 8 spots,so made raid and covered all 8 spots and guess what didnt find it
    so what im going to do is abandon crappy quest and next 3 days farm gold and buy rex and items i wish so my time isnt wasted

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Design1685 View Post
    It's best to do this with a team working together.
    Except that since only one person gets credit then this is a highly anti-grouping activity.

as much as I hated every minute of it, I managed to bang out all the other scavengers this weekend (some of which were downright miserable to do *cough* ashora/EH *cough* but this one i've avoided even trying based on the feedback I've been hearing from people almost constantly in chat...

..i'm really hoping trion hotfixes it to be less ridiculous on wednesday before I try for it on the weekend, cause it seems like a ******* nightmare as it stands right now

Shadowlander

1 person gets credit for it yes, but, if you have 8 people spread out at 8 spots, take turns? not that hard of a concept. we did the entire thing for 8 people in 20 minutes.

AND about the charges: if you stand back a little BEFORE the disc actually loads, you can see a crystal floating in mid air, hover your mouse over it and there it is, the charge you need.

Soulwalker

btw i died after i found the positive one, and the bar with the charges just disappeared so i needed to abandon the quest and start over.. -.- thx alot

Soulwalker

Heads up...
    just because your first one is a positive spawn, this does not mean that the next one is a negative spawn.
    It's still random!

... and sometimes... they are I'm quite sure *neither positive or negative*.
    Bumped into one which the node wasn't called "positive/negative blah blah" but was called "level 60 mage" (needless to say, had to diffuse that one and move to next spawn point).

stranger things have happened I guess...

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Gundula View Post
    ...but was called "level 60 mage".
    I've seen this too and just though it was because I already completed the positive charge and the platform had a positive charge. So it was just a little...mixed up Just unclickable and had bad hover-over text. But maybe it's something else.

Soulwalker

After 2 hours of chasing the stupid thing and getting screwed I decided to just let it "auto complete". Way to go Trion on taking the fun out of the game yet AGAIN with idiotic quests.

Rift Disciple

I really don't understand why Trion made the items despawn after somebody uses them. It's a scavenger quest for christs sake. It's not like the items need a defense mechanic like the City of the evil bad guy in the movie Krull where every 24 hours the city despawns and respawns in a different place.

At the very least Trion could learn something from the movie Krull. If they wish to have the items despawn set the despawn timer for every 8 to 24 hours instead of despawning when someone interacts with it.

As a fyi the only way I completed the Super charger quest was by stumbling on a location with a couple of players hanging out waiting for it to spawn. That was the only clue that showed I was in one of the correct spots. I then sat ungrouped for about 30 minutes and the other players left out of boredom. The platform spawned I completed it and then sat in the same spot about another 30 minutes to respawn. All told it took me much less time hanging in 1 spot instead of chasing all over the zone looking for it.

Quote Originally Posted by velrak View Post
    Krull
    you just won the internet for reminding me of this film
    who took my names!

Soulwalker

When doing the rounds for platform spawns, one is in a place where you can do a mounted jump to it from a metallic tree. Get it that way so you're sure to get the 1st charge. Now, if you got a negative charge, use only negative charges from that on, so the positive charge that you still need pulls you to it - or if you get repelled, it was the wrong type anyways, hope the next one has the right charge for you. And if you got positive charge at 1st, use only positive from that on, ofc.

When doing the charge jump, something like 4m from platform edge seems to work best, any further and you fall before reaching it, any closer and you bang your head on platform going up. If the ground is sloped under the platform, try to get to to the highest spot for the jump.

Rift Chaser

Quote Originally Posted by Design1685 View Post
    1. This map: https://imageshack.us/a/img9/3114/ieor.jpg is the only thing right.

2. When you go to 1 spot, leave immediately if it's not there and check the next. Here's how it works: As soon as 1 gets used, it spawns at the next location, which is random. If you get to one and see positive, the next one that spawns will be negative. Use the OPPOSITE charge on the one you find, IE if you find a positive, use the negative to be launched up onto it. Jump while being launched and do it at a further distance, don't stand right under it.

It's best to do this with a team working together. You can always see them so if someone completes the quest, you can still find them for your friends.

Happy Hunting.
    Number#2 is simply not true. You can get the same charge over and over. I had this several times when I was trying to complete this.

I had to form a raid yesterday with some guildies and some puggers and we finally were able to get it done.
    Guild - Mutiny @ Greybriar
    Spannx (Rogue)
    Spannz (Cleric)
    Spannage (Mage)
    Outfitter 375 - Butcher 375 - Survival 375 - Fishing 375

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast