+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Super Charger and death...

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default Super Charger and death...

Die: Lose temporary ability bar. Now what?

This makes the quest rather harder than it probably needs to be for people low enough level to die easily in Steppes of Infinity, because you have to actually make it all the way to the platform and loot without ever dying.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Also don't port at all or leave the zone... You then have to drop the quest, go back to the quest giver and pick it up again.

Quote Originally Posted by Feydakin View Post
    Also don't port at all or leave the zone... You then have to drop the quest, go back to the quest giver and pick it up again.
    Whee.

I found other things saying temporary abilities might be lost, but should come back from a reload or a relog. No luck.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

relog doesnt work and Im level 60 but still died... maybe cause I do not have time to be killing everything on the way ><

5.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #5
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

I will see if we can get this converted to an item instead of temp ability in the next hotfix, but the timing might be tight.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

I was able to relog to bring back my temp ability bar after I AFKd in Steppes and died.

I stream on Twitch. I'm pretty terrible, so don't expect much ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ.

π

I relogged around 10 times it dont work you must have been lucky. and when your not in a guild this is impossible no one wants to work with you

Quote Originally Posted by Khaleesi1 View Post
    I relogged around 10 times it dont work you must have been lucky. and when your not in a guild this is impossible no one wants to work with you
    How long are you waiting before you log back in? There is a period of time after you see yourself log out that the servers think you're still logged in. You might need to let that time out too. It can take a couple minutes.

twice i logged off completely for at least 20 mins to do other stuff

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I will see if we can get this converted to an item instead of temp ability in the next hotfix, but the timing might be tight.
    Thanks!

I like the temporary ability implementation in principle, but it seems vulnerable to getting Lost somehow. (Pretty sure I died a couple of times during the tree planting one too, thanks to mentoring, but that one survived.)

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

/reloadui fixed the reactive / temp ability bar from disappearing in full for me.
    [http://twitch.tv/bctrainers/] [Lurk on reddit? Visit /r/rift][Want the old Rift forum theme? Click here]
    ...buff... clerics?
    Yes, my post content can be odd or downright blunt - I look at scenarios in a different light.

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    /reloadui fixed the reactive / temp ability bar from disappearing in full for me.
    I didn't even think to try that... will test.

Tried it and it works if you have been logged out. Not sure about other circumstances but I imagine that it would work regardless. Duh.

Plane Walker

I was able to make 2 macros:

cast Positive charge pulse
    cast Negative Charge Pulse

do this or drag the reactives to your bar before you lose them

Quote Originally Posted by Accol View Post
    I was able to make 2 macros:

cast Positive charge pulse
    cast Negative Charge Pulse

do this or drag the reactives to your bar before you lose them
    Unfortunately, this gives:

Could not cast unknown ability: Negative Charge Pulse

What happens if I have collected 1 of the 2 charges, and need to abandon the quest to regain the temporary abilities? Do I keep my existing progress (is it item based, and I keep items on quest abandon), or do I have to start over?
    http://forums.riftgame.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=125779&dateline=13553  38065

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast