+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Skull Rain & Supercharger

Default Skull Rain solution

Quote Originally Posted by carysw View Post
    Done all the other Scavenger Hunts ... but for the life of me Morban and Steppes elude me!!

Can anyone shed some light on where the jump pads of the Skulls are in Morban and where the floating pads for the positive and negative charges in Steppes are?

This link: http://rift.junkiesnation.com/2013/0...content-guide/

And this video: http://www.youtube.com/v/kkfkJsDHcuQ&hl=en_US&fs=1&

Helped a ton. The skull respawns very quickly. 20-30 seconds maybe?
    Last edited by Halfelfaedyn; 07-30-2013 at 02:04 AM.

Default Super Charged Jump Pad images

Jump pad:

Skull Rain & Supercharger-super-charge-jump-pad.jpg

Crystal:

Skull Rain & Supercharger-super-charge-jump-pad-crystal.jpg

so for skull rain now someone has been sitting at the usual spot for 2 days no with no spawn and the other only 2 known spots that can be found anywhere on the net whatsoever are absolutely impossible to get to even with the completly pathetic jump racial that jumps anywhere but the the marker you set 99% of time :/ thanks for your hotbreak i mean fix. guess toon 6 of 6 wont be getting this one done. the known usual spot it always respawned as soon as it was looted but now its perm gone from there
    Last edited by puredeath; 08-08-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by puredeath View Post
    so for skull rain now someone has been sitting at the usual spot for 2 days no with no spawn and the other only 2 known spots that can be found anywhere on the net whatsoever are absolutely impossible to get to even with the completly pathetic jump racial that jumps anywhere but the the marker you set 99% of time :/ thanks for your hotbreak i mean fix. guess toon 6 of 6 wont be getting this one done. the known usual spot it always respawned as soon as it was looted but now its perm gone from there

If you are talking about the spot on the rock (on the left above the Storm Trooper tent, when you first enter the camp in the Pus Swamp), it just looks as if it is gone. When you jump onto the rock below the Mystic Skull, just jump in place once and it will show up again.

I think it's glitched and just goes invisible.

@ Halfelfaedyn: Thank you sooooo much for the detailed Supercharger guide! I'm feeling more confident now to attempt this scavenger hunt! LOL
    Last edited by Agrona77; 08-08-2013 at 06:51 AM.

i normally enjoy the world events, this one has just saddened me. the glitches and frustration level of the quests is taking out alot of the fun.
    Mariposita - Lead - Order of Paragon - Deepwood - Guild Level 25
    www.paragon.mmochiefs.com

Has Skull Rain gotten more frustrating for anyone else in the last few days? I completed it just fine on my first 2 toons, but after 45 minutes of jumping with the one jump pad could find I am near tears. On the rare occasion I see a skull, I start clicking it immediately only to have it despawn after 2 or 3 seconds. This is so not fun.

Ugh, finally finished Skull Rain after approx. 50 jumps and a throbbing headache.

Quote Originally Posted by Feydakin View Post
    This from the other thread...

This is exactly what our group of guildies did. However, one caveat, on Graybriar shard that skull was way off to the side over the camp in midair so we ended up going to another shard to obtain it.

Since we all sucked at jumping (jumping in Rift is not precise..lol), once one of our group was finally able to make it to the ledge under the skull, she leaped up and placed a banner next to the skull and a lot of us were very grateful. We had spent days trying to get this one done on Graybriar and then almost an hour trying to jump up to the ledge before someone actually made it.

As for the Supercharger discs, from what I understand it took an entire raid group with folks stationed at each spawn point until everyone was able to actually interact with the charges to finish that quest. Spawns were erratic to say the least, not to mention buggy.

Two of our guild mates joined another raid group in order to complete this. But for the two that could not complete it, they ended up abandoning it at least once even though the charges showed complete. The quest bugged out at the last point forcing them to redo the entire sequence.

I was not involved and as of today, still have not completed this particular quest. Am not a completionist, so it is not on my "have to do" list right now. If I manage it before it is gone, fine, if not that is ok too. I just enjoy the game regardless of completing some things.

I concentrate on the story quests more, which I find highly entertaining.

Soulwalker

Default Supercharged

I found that when U see the disk that try one positive or negative blast. if U get knocked back by either it is the opposite attraction. However when U get to the top of the disk it is now the opposite from what U used to get there with. ie if U got there with positive the crystal charge will be negative.

Quote Originally Posted by Chriah View Post
    I found that when U see the disk that try one positive or negative blast. if U get knocked back by either it is the opposite attraction. However when U get to the top of the disk it is now the opposite from what U used to get there with. ie if U got there with positive the crystal charge will be negative.
    This is correct. The most reliable spawn point I found was right in front of the Infinity Gate. I shard hopped until I got the ones I needed.

The Serato quest is broken, and I noticed it auto-completes once you accept it. Hope that helps!
    Faeblight
    ilexx: lvl 60 High Elf Necromancer/Chloro
    RIFT 3.0 incoming soon... get ready for some surprises!
    Quote Originally Posted by Thitizen View Post
    Helicopters? Tesla Coils? Skrillex?

Soulwalker

the super charge quest is one of the most frustrating quests i have ever seen in a game. it literally sucks all fun out of the game.

Soulwalker

like someone said in this thread(or maybe another one) it seems if the long tip point is down it is a positive charge, and if the point is facing up it is negative. there was a disk located on a hill that is described in this thread http://forums.riftgame.com/general-d...charger-8.html

this is where i was finally able to complete the quest. for some reason i don't know if it was dumb luck or if it was glitched, but three of us were able to finish the quest without the disk disappearing.

Quote Originally Posted by instant

"Just a pro tip for something I discovered earlier:
    * The super charger at 15660, 7726 (on the hill behind the tents).

* Can be reached with some jumping and mount
    * WITHOUT using the Negative/positive ability

The result is:
    * You can pick up the charge
    * WITHOUT the platform disappearing; So more people can do it (based on what I was told in chat, did not stay there to confirm this as I was killing boss)

Also:
    It seems that:
    - Pointy end DOWN -> Positive charge
    - Pointy end UP -> Negative charge

This was all accurate at time of writing, but may not be any more
    "

This. Though when I did it the platform disappeared. So I suggest shard hopping to get the job done. I completed the quest this way without any trouble.

Soulwalker

Default 1 more hint

For this most ******** quest ever "Skull rain", if the skull spawned on the mushroom and you can not jump on it, take a friend who can use angel flight or some other ability. When he is on the mushroom use duel option and charge/be grabbed on the mushroom. Good luck to everyone. Btw the STUPID PAD DOES NOT WORK!

Telaran

Default Waste of time... Skulls need a fix

Skull Rain... The ones that are easier to get to are now camped so heavy. I've completed all 4 quests phase 1 on other toons before they reactivated this quest.. Completed all 4 in less the time I've been trying to get a skull.. looks like respawn is over an hour????

Year 3 and still bugged.. love it...

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast