+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Kymer

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Broken old-world Mathosia scavenger hunts after completing them last year?

Default Broken old-world Mathosia scavenger hunts after completing them last year?

Right, because someone at Trion thought it was hilarious to give Summerfest separate achievements for each faction (...even though it's absolutely identical for both factions?) I went back and blew through all of these that I was able to as a Guardian, after having done so last year as a Defiant.

9/11 of the the Part 1 scavenger hunts worked fine for me without issue. However:

Droughtlands Part I - Nate Thorton has absolutely no quest to give out. He is the NPC marked from the "The Great Scavenger Hunt, Part 1" quest, and from what I recall last year he should give out the "Creepy Crawlies" quest, but there's nothing for to me pick up this year. Which... kind of renders it impossible to complete the scavenger hunt.

Shimmersand Part I - This quest is possible to pick up fine, but it's now behaving like I recall when it was first on PTS last year. Once I get over to Zerato with the ice cream there's no way to actually complete the quest. Attempting to talk to him just makes him say "I hear that Alo out in Ironpine makes Yarnosaur Chip Ice Cream! Can you imagine? I sure wish I had some.", but I'm completely unable to actually give it to him. Now, I have seen 5 other people turn this in without issue, so it's not the quest itself being broken... really not sure what's going on here.

I have attempted both of these numerous times, relogging, and even visiting other shards. Doesn't help.

Anyone in a similar situation experiencing this? Or am I missing something really obvious on both of these, and they're functioning fine?

And on a somewhat related note, this year again appears to have have faction specific achievements for the new Brevane/Dusken Scavenger hunts. (*Really* don't get why considering they're given out from a neutral faction NPC in Tempest Bay...) If I were to faction change again during Summerfest this year after finishing off the scavenger hunts as a Guardian, would I be able to pick up the Defiant achievements as well, or would I be unable to do that until next year's Summerfest? I guess this is more a question for a dev because I doubt anybody wasted credits to try that on PTS...
    Last edited by Sonoko; 07-26-2013 at 02:54 AM.
    (V)    (V)
    ミ(◕‿◕。)彡

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Salvatrix's Avatar

Thank you very much for this thread!

It wasn't a cross-faction issue - no character that did these two last year would be able to repeat them right now. We have a fix in for it, and it will be in next week's hotpatch.

I did them last year and finished all the Mathosian scavengers last night again with out a problem, so it's not everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymer View Post
    I did them last year and finished all the Mathosian scavengers last night again with out a problem, so it's not everyone.
    Did you purchase a Faction change like Sonoka had?

Rift Disciple

Just adding my input that I think (despite what Tacitus said) that it is a faction change issue.

I did the entirety of the Great and Little Scavenger Hunts today on my alt who has not been faction changed and who had done them all last year (I have the achieve to do both phase 1 and phase 2).

I cannot get the quest on my main in the Droughtlands who also did them both last year and who has been faction changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Kymer View Post
    same

no faction change tho
    who took my names!

RIFT Community Ambassador Golden's Avatar

Same here. I did the scavenger hunts in the old world last year. I did them again today with no problems. I have never changed my race.

However, if you aren't supposed to be able to do so, what about those bracelets? Two less bracelets would be a shame.
    Children's Miracle Network 24 hour gaming marathon - Extra Life - join Trion Worlds team and have fun with us
    Please use my Ascend-A-Friend link: https://rift.trionworlds.com/account...=ascend_invite

Soulwalker

Default Problems with Nate Thorton and Zeratos

Same problem for me, changed faction. looking forward to hotfix

Soulwalker

I can't pick it and I did not do them last year. I did not change faction but I did race change from high elf to bahmi.
    GL with fix

+ Reply to Thread