+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By Muspel
  • 1 Post By Maeloda
  • 1 Post By SmidgePlays
  • 3 Post By Tacitus
  • 1 Post By FlipperPA

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: Touch of the Abyss Item? Ever Returning to Game?

Default Touch of the Abyss Item? Ever Returning to Game?

Was just wondering if this item will ever return to the game.
    "Touch of the Abyss" is used for the achievement "Taste the Rainbow." This item can no longer be bought through the world vendor and I remember deleting it like 2 years ago or something so long that even the GMs cannot restore it.

I remember asking at the time if it will ever be brought back into the game and they mentioned that it *would*. I was hoping this could be brought back into the store under World Events

Many thx as usual!
    OneButton (soon to be a two-button player!)
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

Ok, has anyone seen these anywhere in the game then? Or can anyone from Trion comment on this item? Thanks as usual!
    If there is anything you need, just ask, and I will tell you how to get along Without it!
    "If my life is for rent. And I don't learn to buy. Well I deserve nothing more than I get. 'Cause nothing I have is truly mine!"

I know i never originally bought any of the "touch" items, then noticed the achievement for using all of them

since then, the various seasonal events have included one of them for purchase with event currency...so I think you just need to wait until the appropriate event rolls around, as most if not all the events in rift happen every year, and are not just one-offs

i'm still missing 3 for my achievement, hoping to get 1 closer with summerfest
    Last edited by Stryfe19; 07-24-2013 at 07:27 AM.

Prediction:

-We'll have a story-based World Event with Water, either this year or early next year, leading into 3.0 Plane of Water.

-At some later point, either next year or 2015, we'll start having a Water based annual World Event (like we now have for Life, Death, and Air, but still need it for Water, Fire (Kelari Festival?), and Earth). At those times, we'll get Touch of the Abyss every year.

Pretty sure it could drop from Pinatas during the Carnival of the Ascended-- or at least, I got a different one of the aura items from one.

Quote Originally Posted by Muspel View Post
    Pretty sure it could drop from Pinatas during the Carnival of the Ascended-- or at least, I got a different one of the aura items from one.
    I...think..you're right. Probably.

Champion of Telara

I've been waiting for 'touch of the flames' to drop, for the same reasons. I know I've previously read that old event items would be kept on for future event drops, but I haven't seen them yet. Thought for sure I had a chance with all those bug rifts I did, lol
    Smidge
    Wolfsbane

It would be nice if they could add those old items to the world event part of the Rift Store!

9.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #9
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

I will make sure that these items come back eventually, but I cannot give a time frame at this time. But I am aware of the issue, and would like to complete the achievement myself.
    Rift Team Designer
    Live Content Watch Commander

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

I seem to recall that one of those items has a tooltip that refers to the wrong plane, but now I can't remember.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Bring back the world event currency exchanger, and then we can use any world tokens to exchange them for old loots? as well as bring the old world event items back into the game

Wilhelmus@Laethys <The Riftguard>
    9/9 FT/EE - 2/4 GA

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    I seem to recall that one of those items has a tooltip that refers to the wrong plane, but now I can't remember.
    As far as I remember the Touch of the Abyss buff icon is identical to the Touch of the Shade one. I'll verify if/when I can get back on Aseph for duplicate tooltips or icons amongst the six.
    Last edited by Proin Drakenzol; 07-25-2013 at 05:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tacitus View Post
    I will make sure that these items come back eventually, but I cannot give a time frame at this time. But I am aware of the issue, and would like to complete the achievement myself.
    lol, I love it! Good stuff !

Soulwalker

Sorry to necro this thread, but in case anyone is wondering, this does drop from Carnival pinatas. I just got one, was wondering what it was, and found this thread through Google.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by FlipperPA View Post
    Sorry to necro this thread, but in case anyone is wondering, this does drop from Carnival pinatas. I just got one, was wondering what it was, and found this thread through Google.
    It's also on the store, if you're not lucky with pinatas!

But yeah lots of stuff in the world even section drops from pinatas/boxes. You might want to wait til the end of the event before buying something, or you might just get doubles and then you wasted prize tickets/glass beads for nothing (especially if it binds so you can AH it).

+ Reply to Thread