+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: Summerfest 2013 - A Rough Guide

Quote Originally Posted by MMOHippieChick View Post
    Was having a great time during my first Summerfest until... Skull Rain. No jump pads and the skull from the video everyone always posts is bugged and floating in mid air out in the open on Deepwood server. Spent hours last night trying to find some way to get one. Don't have any teleport or jump skill that will help. Don't know anyone that does. The night ended in frustration.

The whole thing threw off my groove...
    If it's bugged and floating on your shard, you just need to go to another shard. Most of them were floating on Greybriar but going to Hailol was perfectly fine. In fact, despite being a High Elf, I ended up finding another location that only required jumping with a mount thanks to contributions here at the forums.

Go to 11709, 5879 in the Storm Legion camp that is there. The rocks to the left of that entrance are what you climb up on. So long as you're on the rock closest to the large formation that has the Skull, you can jump from that to the formation and voila.. loot dat ****.

I stream on Twitch. I'm pretty terrible, so don't expect much ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ.

π

Quote Originally Posted by Purgwolf View Post
    Any Bahmi or High Elf can use their jumps to make their way up to the one I posted, and then a Rift Stalker (using shadow shift) or Arcon (i think, the one with point to point) can teleport to the person that made it up, or a void knight can use one of their hostile pull ins (via Dual).

It takes some work, and careful jumping, but it's possible.
    I play a Mathosian cleric. So does my husband. Neither one of us has a skill that will let us jump up that high. I don't mind having to find my way up by normal jumping (mount or on foot). Spent hours last night trying to find ways to do it without a launch pad. No luck. Thus the post. I don't think this quest is working as intended. I'm pretty sure they aren't supposed to be spawning repeatedly in mid air. Or in the case of launch pads, not spawning at all (that we could find).

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    If it's bugged and floating on your shard, you just need to go to another shard. Most of them were floating on Greybriar but going to Hailol was perfectly fine. In fact, despite being a High Elf, I ended up finding another location that only required jumping with a mount thanks to contributions here at the forums.

Go to 11709, 5879 in the Storm Legion camp that is there. The rocks to the left of that entrance are what you climb up on. So long as you're on the rock closest to the large formation that has the Skull, you can jump from that to the formation and voila.. loot dat ****.
    Ah, thanks for the tip. Only been playing a few months and hadn't explored the ability to go to another shard yet. Still a lot to the game that we're learning.

Soulwalker

I saw where OP directs us to find Lenny so we can get the title 'the Drunk', but Lenny seems not to exist anywhere in Morban.

Has anyone else found him?

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Slipmat View Post
    I wish people would stop assuming that because they can't find something or figure out the challenge in 2 minutes that it's automatically "bugged" or broke
    Rift Community Ambassador FAIL.

Rule #1 in public relations: Never insult the customer.

People are annoyed/frustrated/irritated/angry with these quests because most of them require hours of time spent searching fruitlessly and then, by some miracle, you happen to stumble across the thing you're looking for... it's only worth 25 merit badges. The time investment vs. reward is not paying-customer-friendly.

What's more, the SL zone "scavenger hunts" are not scavenger hunts at all, by definition. The thing that makes scavenger hunts fun is the riddles. The old world zone scavenger hunts have riddles that contain clues and those were fun. The SL zone scavenger hunts are nothing more than "Somewhere in the zone is a tiny little thing. You get no clues. Go find it." Lazy design. Not fun.

Honestly, I thought Rift went by a higher standard.

Soulwalker

About The Dendrome challenge, Grill Master.

If i don't have Survivalist leveled i can't complete the challenge? Because the npc didn't gave me any recipe and i don't know the ingredients to do the foods he ask me....

Quote Originally Posted by Jhowzera View Post
    About The Dendrome challenge, Grill Master.

If i don't have Survivalist leveled i can't complete the challenge? Because the npc didn't gave me any recipe and i don't know the ingredients to do the foods he ask me....
    It'll cost plat for you. Either to get the mats for the recipes and have someone make it for you, or to get the food items themselves, or to skillup Survivalist and make it yourself.

The quest itself, if you read it, suggests the auction house.

Honestly this one is pretty unique and cool. Yes, it'll cost you if you aren't Survivalist leveled, but then again, that tradeskill is open for all players, and Survivalist was the easiest to skillup too.

Summerfest is built around Fishing and Survival too, so don't be complainin imo. This is actually a new quest that is par for the course.

(Same with Fae Yule involving PvP a lot with Whitefall)
    Last edited by Maeloda; 07-27-2013 at 06:45 PM.
    Maeloda ~ Defiant Kelari Male Rogue ~ Level 61 (Goboro Reef) ~ Faeblight ~ Prismatic Legion
    Classic Rift 29/44 (RoS*) ||| FT 0/4, TotSQ 4/4, EE 0/5, I-DH 0/4 || GA 0/4, TIG 0/3, PBB 0/5 ||| BOB 0/4 ||| Mount Sharax 0/4, The Rhen of Fate 0/4
    * = Conqueror

Soulwalker

Default chest in ashora

where I found one (on top of the formation, which you can jump up to): 2158, 7224

Where do you go to get the "hammered" achievement?

Soulwalker

Default grill master question

Where do you get the recipes? Are they gotten along the way of crafting or?

Quote Originally Posted by blizzard60 View Post
    Where do you get the recipes? Are they gotten along the way of crafting or?
    The recipes are from low level Survivalist. So you will need to level up survivalist a bit to get the recipes from the Survivalist trainer.

I stream on Twitch. I'm pretty terrible, so don't expect much ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ.

π

Soulwalker

Default my mistake

NVM...found them...silly me!

Soulwalker

Just got my chest at 2318 , 7518

Quote Originally Posted by Garethor View Post
    I saw where OP directs us to find Lenny so we can get the title 'the Drunk', but Lenny seems not to exist anywhere in Morban.

Has anyone else found him?
    yea i went looking myself..this might be a phase 2 thing..but i can't confirm that since i haven't found any information more about it

RIFT Community Ambassador Slipmat's Avatar

Lenny is indeed a Phase Two scavenger hunt, not active yet and clearly posted under "The Great Dusken Scavenger Hunt part 2!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast