+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Abraxas79
  • 1 Post By MaryTheFrog

Thread: Quest: Rally the Hailol bugged ?

Default Quest: Rally the Hailol bugged ?

I cannot complete this quest. I have completed close to a dozen footholds in Hailol now and it won't complete.

What could I be doing wrong ?

Yes, you're doing it wrong. Open up the quest and you'll see that you have specific objectives and not just closing a foothold.

Birch wants you to speak with Lolla about purchasing a Hailol Flare. Use the flare on a planar foothold to summon a Hailol foothold and then complete it.
    So purchase a Hailol Flare for a foothold. You'll need the other planar flare thingie too because the next portion is to use it on a Stronghold.

Quote Originally Posted by Riane View Post
    Yes, you're doing it wrong. Open up the quest and you'll see that you have specific objectives and not just closing a foothold.

So purchase a Hailol Flare for a foothold. You'll need the other planar flare thingie too because the next portion is to use it on a Stronghold.
    I have done those steps. I am at the final stage, where you complete the foothold, which I have done. The quest never completes. Anyways, I have put in a petition. Was wondering if anyone else is having problems with this.

Soulwalker

same problem here

I know several of those quests we had to drop and pick back up (do-over) to be able to complete. Not sure if that was one.

After the third one I told Trion that if I dropped a quest I wasn't going to pick it back up, so have still never done the Cactus Badger one. I know I'm shooting myself in the foot, but a dwarf's gotta do what a dwarf's gotta do. A matter of principle.

Also, be sure if it is one of those petition the GM, not the report a bug method that goes to someone's inbox to die a slow death.
    Beware the Penguin...

Soulwalker

Default Completing the quest

You have to buy the flare, then target the foothold itself and use the flare on the foothold. Defeat all of the baddies and then wait for the walking tree guy to finish summoning up a box. Once the box is summoned, target it and click on the square next to its portrait. You'll need plenty of planar charges in order to completely charge the box, at least 6 (it's easier to go into this quest with charges but there will be a planar anomaly to kill if you need a recharge). You'll have to kill little baddies every time you charge the box, but once its fully charged your quest will be complete.

Soulwalker

I just finished this quest, after 10 minutes of moving around, buffing the faerie, and so on..

What I had to do to complete it, was to jump my way to the top (marked by small yellow spheres). Once I picked up the last sphere, an elite attacked, and once he was dead the quest finished for me...

Soulwalker

you got to climb to the hailol foothold I have discovered while I was thinking there is a bug, when u reach top a elite mob will respawn angry jumper kinda thing like that and when u kill him your quest will be done, there is steps that u can jump (leafs)

Soulwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Gwaella View Post
    You have to buy the flare, then target the foothold itself and use the flare on the foothold. Defeat all of the baddies and then wait for the walking tree guy to finish summoning up a box. Once the box is summoned, target it and click on the square next to its portrait. You'll need plenty of planar charges in order to completely charge the box, at least 6 (it's easier to go into this quest with charges but there will be a planar anomaly to kill if you need a recharge). You'll have to kill little baddies every time you charge the box, but once its fully charged your quest will be complete.
    Forget that. I despise jumping games. I still tried with this; could not do the jumps. What a waste of the planarite.

Soulwalker

Hi all, I am also having some troubles with this quest. I need to use the Hailol Flare on a foothold, but Hailol is only ever surrounded by Hellbug footholds. I get the message that the flare will not work. The normal hellbug footholds disappear completely after I kill them off, and the foothold (barrier relay) to the east of Hailol won't allow me to use my flare either (before or after clearing the hellbug foothold (neither one works)).

It doesn't seem to matter which foothold I clear, I'm not finding a planar foothold that allows me to use the Hailol flare (again, I've tried the flare both during a foothold clear, and after it's gone completely). I cannot discount that I'm doing something wrong, but I'm not able to find a foothold that will allow me to use my flare.

I saw the note about going out into the countryside, but I'm still not having any success. Is anyone able to post a LOC for a foothold that actually allows the use of this flare? I would be highly appreciative.
    Retired Necro of EQ - Xegony

Shadowlander

Open your map while in dendrome and find any foothold on the map that's not a fire foothold, and not a stronghold one (Has the spikes) then you're good to go.

Soulwalker

Thanks for the quick reply. After yesterday's patch, there were significanly fewer hellbug footholds, and I managed to finally get this quest finished up.

Now I just need to finish the empyreal flare one. I've burned through two flares, and the big dude keeps poofing once the foothold is dead without building the thing he's supposed to build. I'll buy another flare tonight to try again, but that's 27,000 planarite and 2100 void stones including tonight's flare. These are unreasonably expensive quests...

I suspect if I wait until the very end and use the flare just before the foothold dies, he won't poof so quickly... <fingers crossed>

Curse my completionist ways.
    Retired Necro of EQ - Xegony

Quote Originally Posted by Hayzeus View Post
    Thanks for the quick reply. After yesterday's patch, there were significanly fewer hellbug footholds, and I managed to finally get this quest finished up.

Now I just need to finish the empyreal flare one. I've burned through two flares, and the big dude keeps poofing once the foothold is dead without building the thing he's supposed to build. I'll buy another flare tonight to try again, but that's 27,000 planarite and 2100 void stones including tonight's flare. These are unreasonably expensive quests...

I suspect if I wait until the very end and use the flare just before the foothold dies, he won't poof so quickly... <fingers crossed>

Curse my completionist ways.
    You need to let the mob hit the foothold ONCE before you destroy it. Otherwise the tree will just despawn because he has no target to attack.
    Warlord Lonwolf, Lord of War - Rogue 65 @ Zaviel
    My Youtube RIFT Recorded Rare mobs collection - Rank1 EU Rare kills Leaderboards - Aug 2013

Shadowlander

Quote Originally Posted by lonwolf View Post
    You need to let the mob hit the foothold ONCE before you destroy it. Otherwise the tree will just despawn because he has no target to attack.
    That's the Hailol you're thinking of.

WHat I usually do is kill all the mobs that's around the stronghold, then use the flare on the stronghold, and once the shield is down, burn it down quick. The Mech has a 1 minute despawn timer which I think starts when the shield is gone, and it takes 30 seconds to spawn the defense point, which means you have 30 seconds to kill the stronghold. Hope this makes sense

Soulwalker

Default updated notes

I had a heck of a time finishing this quest. Make sure you are not partied with anyone. Once the faerie shows up, you must jump up the rocks and make it to the top. It will spawn a angry jumper boss that you kill and you should get the quest completed. Even if you aren't partied and are helping your friend/friends you will get credit. Also, the foothold can't be fire. We did a death foothold. Good luck!

+ Reply to Thread