+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree16Likes

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: No incentive to do Dendrome IA's

Still no answer.

Plane Touched

obv they dont care to comment on something everyone is asking about
    Quote Originally Posted by Fyrestorme
    cinderburst is a 20% proc or ur doin it wrong

Champion

If no IA rep at least give us a version of "Army Ants" for other reputation besides Achyati.. unless i am blind and haven't found it?
    Osteo

Default Answer to RAID grinds

Saw this and felt like I just HAD to post. lol.

WIth a decent large group IA's only last about 30 seconds if that.

Trion looked at having repeatable quests for each rep, but that failed. Big time.... they started with a repeatable ayachti rep quest, but of course it got raid-grinded and people were capping the rep 2 days after quest came out.

Why was the repeatable ayachti rep quest changed to daily? Why was the IA's for new rep nerfed.... answer is easy.... because anything that can get hammered by a big group does.... :\
    If you go to join IA not in a premade you will be solo cause nobody does stuff out of raids that you can do in.......

And yeah Dailies suck, but what have you offered as an answer to the raid-grind problem, as opposed to just complaining :\

Default Not a problem

Figured I should probably take bake the word 'problem' in last comment.... considering it puts players in a position where they try to or possibly even 'have to' make groups or use their guild to make an activity worth doing......
    It is probably contributing to the 'multi-player' aspect of the game more than being any kind of problem.... :S lolz

Quote Originally Posted by SelfTitled View Post
    100 rep for each IA quest/mission (bonus rep for boss quests/missons) would be suitable.

Make it the rep of the region you are in, i.e. All areas around Solstice giving Emp. Alliance, Hives and Dazeez Wastes giving Achyati, Forests/Wilds giving Hailol.
    Perfectly reasonable suggestion as far as I can tell. I'm genuinely surprised that we haven't gotten a change like this to the existing dendrome IAs. They are a waste of space right now - they could just as well not exist at all and no one would notice.

What happened to giving players options?

The Qaijiri IAs, for example, allowed me to catch up on rep when I was behind without worrying about a daily quest gate. And although hailol has the footholds (which is one of the coolest ways to grind rep that I've seen in this game yet - not being sarcastic and I grinded them legitimately) achyati doesn't even have a repeatable anymore and empyreal never did. So for those two, people are pretty much gated to dailies.

What are their other fantastic options? Grind these crappy, inconsistent IAs or power up turrets all day (which is one of the most mind-numbingly tedious ways to grind rep in this game).

This is problematic because it holds back newer/returning players. They will get gated behind a lack of options, even if they have a hardcore mentality, and stay behind the curve.

Telaran

Quote Originally Posted by somestuff View Post
    ...its next to impossible to solo the new "group" dailys.
    Gee, correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't GROUP usually mean......OH, Oh, Ooohhhhh!!! Nevermind, yeah I forgot, we are suppose to be able to solo EVERYTHING!!!

What was the sequence for GODMODE again ⬆, ⬆, ⬇, ⬇, ➡, ⬅,➡,⬅, ��������?

/sarcasm off.
    Last edited by HomeAwayFromHome; 08-11-2013 at 10:02 PM.

It's obvious that they're gating notoriety for these factions, ensuring that we have something to grind over the next few months without new open-world content. It's no accident that Qaijiri notoriety also was very hard to get until just a month or two before Dendrome opened.

These grinds will become easier only when Trion has the next grind ready for us. Hamster, meet wheel.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardor View Post
    It's obvious that they're gating notoriety for these factions, ensuring that we have something to grind over the next few months without new open-world content. It's no accident that Qaijiri notoriety also was very hard to get until just a month or two before Dendrome opened.

These grinds will become easier only when Trion has the next grind ready for us. Hamster, meet wheel.
    Yep. The drip feed was in Rift since launch, but has only become apparent with Storm Legion, and is now OVERTLY ANNOYING with Dendrome/F2P.

GL getting people to play your content Trion. People will try to 'exploit' rep now more than ever before.

Plane Touched

Rep has always worked, and I think always will work, like this.
    When a new rep is made it's very long to level it. Ember isle / IPP someone?

Then after some time it become easier and easier to get it.
    The aim is to give to player who are able to invest a lot of time in the game something to do while at the same time not creating an always growing gap between player.

What i learned from the grind I made of the EI rep is that if you have time to do it do it you will enjoy the reward for a longer period. But if you don't, don't be pissed off. It will become easier before the reward are no more relevant.

I think trion is doing a good job with the rep. Yep they can be a grind but if you don't want to have it maxed asap it turn out to don't be that hard

BTW if anyone have an idea to achieve the same thing another way it would be very valuable to share it. If they knew an other way I think dev too would use it.

11.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #26
    Rift Team

Saw a release note regarding this today. I believe it is going to grant small values to two of the factions this coming hotfix.

~Daglar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post
    Saw a release note regarding this today. I believe it is going to grant small values to two of the factions this coming hotfix.

~Daglar
    Please note hailol please not hailol please not hailol

otherwise I sense a big DOH coming
    Intim @ Zaviel EU
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

Official Rift Founding Fan Site Operator bctrainers's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daglar View Post

~Daglar
    Despite myself being capped out on the reps, I hope it's Achyati and Empreal Alliance. Hailol is too easy to get.
    --BC

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by bctrainers View Post
    Despite myself being capped out on the reps, I hope it's Achyati and Empreal Alliance. Hailol is too easy to get.
    I'd think it will likely be Hailol and Empyreal. I'd prefer Achyati and Empyreal though myself.
    Last edited by Khelendross; 08-13-2013 at 12:31 AM.
    Planar Breach Support Open World PVP and PVE!
    Sourcewell and PVP Rift Objective Based PVP A more resource efficient way of adding Open World Objective based PVP!
    Ember Isle Open World Style PVP Repurposing Lets do something with this amazing zone!

Daglar, can you open up a bit on this logic:

Any rift/invasion (e.g. Lycini) happenings give rift faction specific and Lycini rep.
    Torvan dailies and torvan hunt rifts gives Torvan.
    Hailol footholds give Hailol rep.
    Empyreal Strongholds give Torvan rep.

Why not give us empyreal rep for doing empyreal activities?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast