+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Deeps Lock Boxes

Rift Disciple

Default Deeps Lock Boxes

Either these things are extremely rare drops at level 60 or I have terrible luck. I think I have 1 total. I see them all the time for sale in 1 to 29 chat. Makes me wonder if rolling new characters is the way to find them. I play 4 hrs or more a day. I do rifts, farm mobs, strongholds, dailies, and onslaughts and they continue to elude me. The boxes should be dropping frequently with the point being to sell keys on the store. Check out neverwinter on this.

Same here.

I've loot more keys than boxes from now. And that is to say 1 box and 2 keys within 2 weeks of gaming, farming 4h a day, doing dailies etc.

I think some adjustements are needed.
    Last edited by Lanfeara; 06-25-2013 at 08:59 AM.
    Lanfeara@Brisesol

I have yet to loot a box or key. I totally forgot this was supposed to be possible. The characters I've been playing are Lv 60 except for one that is late 40s.
    Nothing ever goes away until it has taught us what we need to know. ― Pema Chödrön
    <Shattered Chain> of Faeblight

So far I've found 1 purple box and 1 key.

The box came out of the chest rewarded for the daily random PvP win. The box contained a lvl 60 blue nexk and some marks iirc

The key dropped off trash in "the hero rises" chronicle.

On average I've played for ~4 hours per day since release of this patch.

I know one guildie has found the relic quality box, but, the boxes and keys do seem to be really rare (which is a good thing!)
    PvP Rank: 88/90 | PA: 1277/1277 | CQ Power: 200k | Score: 15285 | Tradeskills: All Grandmastered
    4/4 GP | 4/4 DH | 5/5 GSB | 5/5 RoS (Conq.) | 11/11 HK | 4/4 RotP | 2/8 ID | 4/4 PF | 4/4 TotDQ | 4/5 EE | 4/4 FT | 4/4 GA | IG 2/3 | PB 3/5
    Getting More and More Disillusioned By The Day

They're supposed to be very rare drops. I saw my first one today, luckily it was an Orange and I won it. Haven't opened yet because my key is on another locked server.

I've had two orange boxes drop whilst doing GHRs, but I've had about 4 keys from the weekly patron bonus and drops.

Sure was nice to get orange runes but still I had ground GHRs for nearly 24 hrs. Haven't seen a box since but have seen many a chat message wishing to buys keys for plat
    Guild progress T1 SL cleared. 4/4 GA, 3/3 IG 5/5 PB, 0/4 BoB @ EU Zaviel
    Twitch Channel ,YouTube,Twitter

It's just pseudo-random nonsense as with anything else. I've seen a number of lock boxes but at times no keys. I'm sure I'll see the opposite if I keep at it long enough.

I mean, there are basically 4 scenarios:
    1) You get nothing
    2) You get more keys than boxes
    3) You get more boxes than keys
    4) You get an even number of boxes and keys

That's a 75% chance to either get nothing or get half of what you need. And that's a hackjob of statistics, not taking into account the actual drop rate of the items, which probably puts your chances of #4 even lower. That's the point though, I'm sure - to tempt you to go to the store, or at least barter with others.

The boxes seem to be VERY rare and that's exactly how they should stay in my opinion

I've been playing around the same amount as you guys...average of 3-4 hours per day

I'm up to one orange box (that I got like an hour after the patch went live) and one blue box that I got just 2 days ago

i hope they stay very rare

Also the keys are so cheap on the AH that they should not be a realistic hurdle to anyone except low-levels or new players...anyone who has accumulated plat for any length of time has enough to buy an almost endless supply of them

I'm also wondering about these boxes. I see them being advertised in the 1-29 chat all the time... WTS, WTS

Yet, I have not seen ONE drop on my lvl 55 or my lvl 60 character.

Do I need to dust off my crafting alts and play with them in the lower lvl areas? LOL
    Last edited by Agrona77; 06-26-2013 at 07:08 AM.

Agrona/Hailol-Souq Asha, Aggy/Faeblight-Remnants of Atlantis, Sheelana/Hailol-Garden of Serenity, Caladria/Faeblight-Ynys Afallach, Bodicca/Faeblight -Uznahgaar Volum

Rift Disciple

Usually in f2p games an item like boxes would be used to make the company money. The boxes would drop often like a couple an hour worth of grinding. Then the company sells keys for a buck or more each. The boxes would also have a chance to drop some rare items like a mount or something that players would sell for a lot of plat.

Rift Disciple

Quote Originally Posted by Smackdaddy View Post
    Usually in f2p games an item like boxes would be used to make the company money. The boxes would drop often like a couple an hour worth of grinding. Then the company sells keys for a buck or more each. The boxes would also have a chance to drop some rare items like a mount or something that players would sell for a lot of plat.
    Typically, you'd be right. However, there are versions of the lock boxes on the store, called supply crates, that you can buy that are already unlocked. The lock boxes are meant to be a semi-rare to rare drop, and the keys can be found, gained from daily / weekly patron reward, or bought from players and the store. Honestly, I think the system in place is much better than the lock box spam you see in games like TERA or Neverwinter, where you find a lock box every other mob and never see the key to open it without using the store.
    Mage Class Lead | PBB: 4/5 IG: 3/3
    I hate Clerics, Rogues(especially Hoss), and people whose names end in z (That means you Zeez!)

Rift Disciple

I have a half dozen keys from the patron daily/weekly bonus.
    Not a single drop box of any color, playing characters from newly created to 60 (vast majority on the 60 though.)

But then, I almost never get anything from Rift's RNG, going back when I originally played two years ago. No mounts, no pets, no purples from cairns or puzzles, mana potions from completing artifact collections, etc. et al ad infinitum

P.S. If you offer cheese for this wine, make it guda.
    Last edited by Blackluck; 06-27-2013 at 06:57 AM.
    Cognitive Dissonance
    If you leave a rat in a Skinner Box long enough, it begins to develop theories about the moral rightness of pressing levers and the personal failings of those with fewer pellets. It is somewhat less likely to develop theories that the box and levers are necessary or desirable, because the pragmatic importance of acquiring pellets is self-evident. -Zubon, Kill Ten Rats

Default lol - Gouda granted for the whine...

Quote Originally Posted by Blackluck View Post
    I have a half dozen keys from the patron daily/weekly bonus.
    Not a single drop box of any color, playing characters from newly created to 60 (vast majority on the 60 though.)

But then, I almost never get anything from Rift's RNG, going back when I originally played two years ago. No mounts, no pets, no purples from cairns or puzzles, mana potions from completing artifact collections, etc. et al ad infinitum

P.S. If you offer cheese for this wine, make it guda.
    My heart bleeds purple planarite for I-never-EVER-get-squat-from-RNG laments.

If the main driver for these boxes is the tittillation of wonderwonderwonder-what's inside it....MUST...KNOW...NAOW...to drive us to the store to purchase keys...

Then yes- the RNG seems a little skewed in the wrong direction...

One would expect the boxes to drop more... especially the Orange ones (OMG I NEED to open this one!), and the keys to be acquired almost exclusively through rift store...
    Last edited by Jool; 06-27-2013 at 07:20 AM.
    Jooliah
    Guardian Mage Faeblight

Soulwalker

I rolled a new character and I got a Lock Box Key from the very first enemy I killed. It's just completely random.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast