+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree11Likes
  • 2 Post By the_real_seebs
  • 7 Post By Tacitus
  • 2 Post By the_real_seebs

Click here to go to the first Rift Team post in this thread.   Thread: New starter quests broke my loading screen. :(

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

Default New starter quests broke my loading screen. :(

So, happened to be at Ark of the Ascended. Got the new/replacement version of the intro quest from the newbie zone, since I'd done the old one but not the new one.

Now my Meridian loading screens are about how Alsbeth is up to shenanigans and this is what I was sent back to prevent. No, I prevented that 30-40 levels ago. But those quests updated the loading tip state, and I can't do the other quests because I already did them.

Despair!
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

2.   This is the last Rift Team post in this thread.   #2
    Shiny Ball of Doomy Doom Tacitus's Avatar

OMG! I will look into this GAME-BREAKING ISSUE at once!

(Though seriously, nicely caught - I didn't even think about the loading screen story summary hooks. But as soon as I read this, I was "Oh, yeah, THOSE..." )
    Rift Team
    Live Content Lead Designer

"Your reality, sir, is lies and balderdash, and I am delighted to say I have no grasp of it what so ever."

RIFT Community Ambassador the_real_seebs's Avatar

The game-breaking part is:

If a player had done the previous quest line, and now did these, they could dual-wield [Farwind Blade].

I'm just glad I'd already vendored the previous one so I won't get banned for this exploit.
    You can play WoW in any MMO. You don't have to play WoW in RIFT. Oh, and no, RIFT is not a WoW clone. Not having fun any more? Learn to play, noob! I don't speak for Riftui, but I moderate stuff there. Just came back? Welcome back! Here's what's changed. (Updated for 2.5!)

Quote Originally Posted by the_real_seebs View Post
    The game-breaking part is:

If a player had done the previous quest line, and now did these, they could dual-wield [Farwind Blade].

I'm just glad I'd already vendored the previous one so I won't get banned for this exploit.
    You should get banned for vendoring such an op item. Unthinkable!
    Badtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Mage
    Madtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue
    Sadtouch @ Gelidra - Level 60 Rogue - A semi-automated alter ego!

I think rift has not enough tentacled monsters.

+ Reply to Thread