+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: To Die For- The Dendrome Puzzle

Default To Die For- The Dendrome Puzzle

To Die For
    The Dendrome Puzzle

1. Collect the snake eyes artifact set (there’s 15 in this set).

2. You need 10 glowing rootballs! You collect these by watching the puppet show in Hailol. 1 rootball per show (talk to Mitch to start the show) 3950,5440

3. Return to Omni and buy the snake eyes book, collect and read.

4. The puzzle is at 4410, 4240. I recommend two people to do this one; my boyfriend helped me!!

Ok so here's my explanation..... There’s a tower of little dice, then there’s this big dice with clickable orbs on each side. When you click on a orb pay attention to the number on the big dice, that number will determine what little dice will appear/disappear. The number thats on the big dice will make the smaller dice with the same number on the bottom of it appear/disappear (so if you click the orb with 6 on the big dice then all the little dice with 6 on the bottom will appear/disappear).

How we solved this was by getting socram to the platform with the lever, then I rolled the dice till all the little dice appeared (this makes a complete tower). When that happens the person on the platform can pull the lever and everybody gets the achievement and loot

To Die For- The Dendrome Puzzle-2013-06-18_000353.jpgTo Die For- The Dendrome Puzzle-2013-06-18_000443.jpg

Jumping is slightly tricky, I find. Maybe it's just because I'm a short and dextariously-challenged Kelari, but I'd miss quite a few of my vertical jumps and fall all the way back to the ground. It became a lot easier when I recruited an Archon to set up some Point-to-Points as we worked our way up the tower. I definitely suggest you get one of those. Or be a rogue.

Telaran

you can jump from the rocks to the platform then solo the puzzle. i just randomly clicked the orbs for about 20 minutes and it solved itself.

What is the reward item?

very disappointed with this puzzle's reward

You get 2 unbound dimension items that are just the dice used in the puzzle. You can easily make these dice using the domino items from having completed the other SL puzzles.

Plane Walker

I was able to solo this puzzle as a rogue

Learn how to complete puzzle first. Very easy once you know how

Jump over onto platform using angelic flight or method above

Place memory capture down them jump down and complete the puzzle and then port up to capture point press lever then jump down open chest

Soulwalker

This has to be the most frustrating puzzle I have done yet. In fact, it is the most frustrating thing I have done in rift. So far I have been unable to make it up more than 4 levels before I miss a jump. I don't think you should have to recruit people to help complete puzzles.

Striaght up after 45 minutes of trying I think I may never get this puzzle. Super bad design in my opinion.

Telaran

Again. you can jump to the platform from the nearby rocks. you dont have to jump up the actual puzzle. then you can solve the puzzle standing on the platform.,

Soulwalker

The best I was able to do was to jump from one of the stone platforms to the 6th level of the puzzle, It still left me with 4 layers to jumps.

I don't know which rocks you jump from, but I am unable to get to the platform. Before this puzzle I would have said I was pretty good at jumping and getting around this game, now not so much. I think the jumps have to be so precise that they are very affected by latency, if you don't hit the jump in exactly the right place, down you go.

It is crazy frustrating to me.

Soulwalker

I did manage to complete the puzzle. I did summon an alt to the top so the next time anyone needs to do it, we can rally banner them to the top.

Ended up jumping from the side platform to the 7th layer.

Turned on 5, 3 and 1 then had a party member stand near the puzzle so it wouldn't reset when I ran around to jump. across.

Sword of Telara

Reward is a level 53 purple. That has GOT to be a bug. Level 53 for the Dendrome???

The puzzle itself was quite easy. First i worked at removing all the dice, then I added them back in: Sides 1, 2, 3, 6, 5, 4.
    Fahrenheit and Celsius temperature scales have probably not been rationalized due to puritanical reasons. If the freezing point in both scales was 0, then body temperature would be 66.6F. If it was 32 degrees, body temperature would be 69C.

Silly reason, no matter how you think of it.

Rift Disciple

This can definitely be done solo, I did it solo jumping on the dice. I got the tower so I could jump up 3 levels before I had to roll the dice. I remember that I was rolling between either1 and 2 or 2 and 3 and hardly touched 6 through out the tower. But yes it is a rather furiating puzzle if done properly and solo

Shadowlander

Meh, I'm glad I found this post before I beat myself up trying to figure it out.

I've been away from rift for awhile...but I don't recall needing to hunt down artifacts in order to even start them...that's lame.

Now I don't have to bother wasting my time hunting down the other puzzles in the expansion...

I actually stumbled upon this post after already solving it today and here's my version:

Each of the 4 blue orbs turns the orbed die to the side of the orb clicked. (90 degree turn)
    If not present in the big tower, it will then add the number shown on top of the orbed die (as seen from the platform with the lever) as dice to the tower, however if they are already in the tower it will remove them from it.

In short:
    Side switched to the top on the orbed die = adds new, or removes existing dice from tower.

Clear all the existing dice if not already done so. This can be tricky so my advice is to get yourself a real 6-sided die first (make one from paper, pretty easy). Once you know where the numbers are, and how the numbers shift once de die is moved, clear the tower.

In short:
    Clear tower from existing dice using the orbs.

When the tower is empty then simply turn the orbed die left or right 4 times in a row, then up or down 3 times in a row.
    No matter the layout of the orbed die, this tactic will always work on an empty tower.
    Took me 5 mins this way, 4 of which was getting up the platform and clearing the tower.

As previously said, use mount+jump or racial flight thingy to get from the wall/rocks to the platform with the lever. You can push all the orbs from up there so no need to duo this.

I'll check from time to time if the starting position of the puzzle is random or fixed, because if it's fixed i could rewrite this as an idiot-proof guide ;)

p.s.
    Don't hate it because you don't understand it, simply learn it to use it to your advantage ;)
    The algorithm used works a bit like a Rubik's Cube, only much easier and people can solve one of those in 10 seconds :P I prefer these kind of tasks any day compared to mindless grinding or raiding, geh.
    Last edited by DrDamo; 08-12-2013 at 05:50 PM.

Ascendant

Quote Originally Posted by Monahk View Post
    The best I was able to do was to jump from one of the stone platforms to the 6th level of the puzzle, It still left me with 4 layers to jumps.

I don't know which rocks you jump from, but I am unable to get to the platform. Before this puzzle I would have said I was pretty good at jumping and getting around this game, now not so much. I think the jumps have to be so precise that they are very affected by latency, if you don't hit the jump in exactly the right place, down you go.

It is crazy frustrating to me.
    you can jump from the stone pillars onto the platform with the lever but I had to use a 150% mount and riding chaps to make it.

from there you can complete the puzzle without having to move again and it is a really easy puzzle
    Quote Originally Posted by Frailaq View Post

tl;dr - Trion should do this: Melee = Turret Ranged > Mobile Ranged

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast